Sign in to follow this  
bigmark3333

Trade Help needed

12 Team league

1pt/10 yd rec and rush, 7 pt/td rush/rec, .5pt/rec

1pt/30 yd pass, 5pt pass td, -2pt/int

the proposed trade is i get torry holt, tatum bell, byron leftwich for stephen jackson, chris simms, randle el

my team

QB: Jake Plummer

QB: Chris Simms

WR: Hines Ward

WR: Chris Chambers

WR: Andre Johnson

RB: Stephen Jackson

RB: Rudi Johnson

TE: Kellen Winslow

WR/RB: Frank Gore

WR/RB: Donte Stallworth

Bench: Cedric Benson, DeAngelo Williams, Greg Jones, Randle El, Hank Baskett, JP Losman, Jermaine Wiggins

I really upgrade my wr's and qb, but losing jackson hurts as i have gore as my #2 and have to hope one of my rb fliers pans out

I agree with the above that it is not a good trade. You do get an upgrade at receiver, and your league rewards receiving well. But I think Leftwich for Simms is a wash, and Tatum Bell is a question mark at this point. If Tatum Bell was a confirmed starter, it would be a good trade. But since it's looking more and more like he'll be second string or RBBC, it's not a great trade. The only thing that makes it palatable is that you are in a PPR league.

12 Team league

1pt/10 yd rec and rush, 7 pt/td rush/rec, .5pt/rec

1pt/30 yd pass, 5pt pass td, -2pt/int

the proposed trade is i get torry holt, tatum bell, byron leftwich for stephen jackson, chris simms, donte stallworth, randle el

my team

QB: Jake Plummer

QB: Chris Simms

WR: Hines Ward

WR: Chris Chambers

WR: Andre Johnson

RB: Stephen Jackson

RB: Rudi Johnson

TE: Kellen Winslow

WR/RB: Frank Gore

WR/RB: Donte Stallworth

Bench: Cedric Benson, DeAngelo Williams, Greg Jones, Randle El, Hank Baskett, JP Losman, Jermaine Wiggins

I really upgrade my wr's and qb, but losing jackson hurts as i have gore as my #2 and have to hope one of my rb fliers pans out

I would say don't go for it... I like Leftwich over Simms and getting Holt, but Jackson is just too good to give up.

No way on the trade....I wouldnt get rid of Sjax until I see some problem issues, which at this time there are none. RB values are dropping like flies.

Team is solid - I like starters at RB and WR

Think you need upgrade at QB and may be gambling with Winslow at TE. (But not a horrible gamble)

Playoff lock

ok i guess i was just worried about s jax's foot and the stephen davis rumors, plus i relaly like holt this year... i am workin on geting mike bell in another trade, so if i can have frank gore/mike bell/tatum bell as my #2/3 rb's and then get holt and leftwich what do u guys think?

ok i guess i was just worried about s jax's foot and the stephen davis rumors, plus i relaly like holt this year... i am workin on geting mike bell in another trade, so if i can have frank gore/mike bell/tatum bell as my #2/3 rb's and then get holt and leftwich what do u guys think?

If that's what you think, go for it. I'm not going to dispute that RBs are the most important position in FF. I just don't think there are any clear studs after the big 3 (and they all have situations that are somewhat worrysome). I'm a fan of loading up on undervalued RBs and hoping they pan out. Jackson could be great this year, or he could be a huge bust. With Holt, you know what you're getting, so there's no risk. Live on the edge, buck the trends, pull the trigger.