Sign in to follow this  
redsrback

anthem ruling

Vallid point. I am more addressing the pelosi, hillary, obama, soros worshipers. But also to the never Tumper's. Their hate of a person get's in the way of their judgement. It is clear as day.

Has anyone on here actually said anything about those people? Most people dont like Hillary and the ones who voted for her only did so because they thought she was the lesser evil compared to Trump. No different than the people who voted for Trump because they thought he was the lesser evil than Hillary even though they didnt like him.

Get over all this crap and start talking about REAL matters.

Farmers in South Jersey? How big of a deal

is agriculture to your state compared to Iowa or any state surrounding Iowa. Also, how much of their major product is being affected by tariffs?

Im very curious how this compares.

Farming and agriculture is one of the most important economic factions of our state and probably #1 in the south. I'm not a farmer, so I don't know anything about the tariff's, I just know a lot of farmers and every single one of them says they want Trump re-elected now. So I'm guessing that whatever tariffs they're being subjected to are outweighed by the income they're getting.

Has anyone on here actually said anything about those people? Most people dont like Hillary and the ones who voted for her only did so because they thought she was the lesser evil compared to Trump. No different than the people who voted for Trump because they thought he was the lesser evil than Hillary even though they didnt like him.

That's why I always vote Republican.

Farming and agriculture is one of the most important economic factions of our state and probably #1 in the south. I'm not a farmer, so I don't know anything about the tariff's, I just know a lot of farmers and every single one of them says they want Trump re-elected now. So I'm guessing that whatever tariffs they're being subjected to are outweighed by the income they're getting.

You may want to do more research. All my customers are farmers and its pretty damn important to my area. I have very good customers who are now struggling to pay their bill. I have vendors raising their prices and orders on hold due to the tariffs. Trump is directly affecting my business and my customers. I care. A lot.

That's why I always vote Republican.

I have a hard time respecting people who only vote for a party and not for issues they believe in. I have a hard time believing that every republican ever has representing you well.

I have a hard time respecting people who only vote for a party and not for issues they believe in. I have a hard time believing that every republican ever has representing you well.

here I vote for the guy who is for closed borders, deportation of illegals, pro-life, pro-2nd amendment, pro-free speech, wants lower taxes, and doesn't want sanctuary cities

find me a Democrat that is for any of those and I will vote for em

otherwise, I always vote Repub or obstain

I voted for Trump because I wanted him president. Beating hillary was just an extra bonus on the side. It still is in my head on how she collapsed after losing and couldn't even go out to speak with all her fans. ☺

Oh, I couldn't care less if you respect me or not, I have no idea who you are. That said, I've never once heard a Democrat ever speak towards the ideals I believe in. Although, I did vote for Bill Clinton the second time. He wanted less government, a wall along the border, and more states rights. Outside of that, I don't ever remember a Democrat agenda worth supporting.

Oh, I couldn't care less if you respect me or not, I have no idea who you are. That said, I've never once heard a Democrat ever speak towards the ideals I believe in. Although, I did vote for Bill Clinton the second time. He wanted less government, a wall along the border, and more states rights. Outside of that, I don't ever remember a Democrat agenda worth supporting.

to be fair, since trump was elected, suddenly leftists are suddenly all excited about states rights and limiting the power of federal government...which will last right up until a democrat gets elected, at which point they will flip back to their original position.

the left has no problem with tyranny, so long as they get to be in charge.

• Like 1

to be fair, since trump was elected, suddenly leftists are suddenly all excited about states rights and limiting the power of federal government...which will last right up until a democrat gets elected, at which point they will flip back to their original position.

the left has no problem with tyranny, so long as they get to be in charge.

Exactly. The left wants to be in power under the ruse of human rights, while keeping the people under their control through making them reliant on government programs and handouts. The dems have their own little political oxymoron going on there.
  • Like 2

Can we get back to talking about police and their brutality against undeserving people?

Sure. In 2016 police officers were 18.5 times as likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. Sounds like you are part of the decay.

• Like 2

Sure. In 2016 police officers were 18.5 times as likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer. Sounds like you are part of the decay.

Why cant they both be bad and want them to stop? Why does one have to negate the other? This is where I feel your way of thinking is very flawed.

Why cant they both be bad and want them to stop? Why does one have to negate the other? This is where I feel your way of thinking is very flawed.

Because this isn't an equal situation. One side has a job to protect others. The job puts them in life or death situations because of the other side we are talking about. And this other side is aiming to kill police simply because they are police.

And they are winning. Because the police are now choosing to avoid dangerous situations because their hands are tied because of the sour political left and the witch hunt they are on.

And everyone loses except for those commiting crimes. So congratulations to the protesters and their loyal followers.

18.5 times more likely the police get killed, and nobody in entertainment wants to protest that.

• Like 1

.....BUMP.....

dont want to see this thread go away, its what i live for these days. i may just type the F word like 60 times and get my account shut down

18.5 times more likely the police get killed, and nobody in entertainment wants to protest that.

Do you have a link to that by chance?

I looked and found this from USA Today that notes police officer deaths are down to a nearly 50 year low:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/12/28/number-officers-killed-2017-hits-nearly-50-year-low/984477001/

.....BUMP.....

dont want to see this thread go away, its what i live for these days. i may just type the F word like 60 times and get my account shut down

yeah, i can't believe that mike hasn't shut it down, or at least moved it. IMO this is the best kind of thread--topic creep that keeps things interesting, while we all rant at each other over politics. won't last into the preseason, but during the long, dry season between minicamp and TC, it keeps things lively.

:argue:

• Like 1

The # of unarmed black males killed by a police officer should be close to 0.

The # of unarmed black males killed by a police officer should be close to 0.

And it is except for those who try to kill cops in other means outside of guns.

The number of people murdered in this world should be zero. But somehow that just doesn't seem to happen now does it?

Why don't all of those who think it's easy just run out there in the streets of Chicago south side and give it your best try to stop them all from killing each other. That's what the cops are asked to do for less pay than a typical IT consultant. Then the libs want to prosecute them if they use force against those who are using force against the cops as well as others.

"Police fatally shot nearly 1,000 people, and 46 officers were killed, nationwide in 2017"

- Headline from this tribune article: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-nationwide-police-fatal-shootings-2017-20180106-story.html

Interesting to note that their figures for the killing of unarmed black men closely mirror RHR & seafoams; The tribune said 19 in 2017 & 17 in 2016 after police shot and killed 36 unarmed black men in 2015.

More from the article: "Officers fatally shot 94 unarmed people in 2015, but that number has been lower in the past two years, with 51 killed in 2016 and 68 in 2017."

So things are trending in the right direction, with continued efforts needed.

The protests are targeting the wrong group of people (the police). Black people are not targeted by police. In fact, studies exists that show police are much less likely to use deadly force against blacks than any other race. The problem is that the % of folks committing violent crimes is more heavily represented by one group of people over others. If one person continually commits crimes, and another person doesn't commit any, what are the chances that the first person encounters trouble more than the second person?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/black-lies-matter

"Blacks constituted 62 percent of all robbery defendants in America's 75 largest counties in 2009, 57 percent of all murder defendants and 45 percent of all assault defendants, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, even though blacks comprise only 15 percent of the population in those counties.

In New York City, where blacks make up 23 percent of the city's population, blacks commit three-quarters of all shootings and 70 percent of all robberies, according to victims and witnesses in their reports to the New York Police Department. Whites, by contrast, commit less than 2 percent of all shootings and 4 percent of all robberies, though they are nearly 34 percent of the city's population.

In Chicago, 80 percent of all known murder suspects were black in 2015, as were 80 percent of all known nonfatal shooting suspects, though they are a little less than a third of the population. Whites made up 0.9 percent of known murder suspects in Chicago in 2015 and 1.4 percent of known nonfatal shooting suspects, though they are about a third of the city's residents."

People just need to first take care of their own before blaming others for their woes.

Obama ran on being such a "great leader" in his time in Chicago. Yet after 7 years of his presidency, there were still articles being written like this:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-violence-african-americans-glanton-20160907-column,amp.html

Obama just assisted in trying to turn the focus on the police instead of asking "his own" people (as he would call them), to take some responsibilty.

And that is why we are now set back years in race relations at this time.

The whole kneeling for the anthem was stupid and misguided from the start.

To further the debate I'd posit that whites rarely need to shoot people over small sums when they can buy their company a politician or three and give themselves a tax cut.

Also would like to see nation wide crime rates based on race versus large metropolitan areas wherein most minorities reside.

You guys are miles off topic, so this thread will be closed. There's another board here for topics outside of fantasy football and the NFL so please, feel free to use it.

• Like 1