Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Best way to record and watch home movies

My wife and I take a lot of videos of our kids, especially their baseball, basketball and football games.

We currently use our iPhones, upload them to YouTube, then watch via the YouTube app on a smart tv.

Its ok, but YouTube seems to struggle uploading the longer videos.

Is there an easier way?

YouTube is your best bet.

Struggling is more about your WiFi limitations than YouTubes.

And you should consider editing your videos with something like iMovie before uploading - even if it just simple cleanup of your raw clips.

Heres a string of clips from when my boy was learning to skate - I make tons of these to capture the memories - a bit of editing goes a long way:

• Like 1

I have all of mine stored on a network drive, backed up to another network drive, as well as the cloud.

To watch them, VLC is fine. I dont really want them on youtube.

The way your wife and I usually watch the home movies we make is when we have secks.

:)

I had VHS tapes and mini camcorder tapes of my daughter and couldn't watch them. I found a guy who can transfer just about any format and make DVD's out of them. He labels each case of what the contents are. Lil Bunny's first steps. 2010 championship softball game, etc. It's very professional and it doesn't cost a lot of money.

• Like 1

I had VHS tapes and mini camcorder tapes of my daughter and couldn't watch them. I found a guy who can transfer just about any format and make DVD's out of them. He labels each case of what the contents are. Lil Bunny's first steps. 2010 championship softball game, etc. It's very professional and it doesn't cost a lot of money.

I have some mini disc recordings from when my kids were young, but they dont play in every standard DVD player. I gotta figure those out sooner or later too.

I was more speaking of new videos we will record going forward.

• Like 1

I have some mini disc recordings from when my kids were young, but they dont play in every standard DVD player. I gotta figure those out sooner or later too.

I was more speaking of new videos we will record going forward.

Find someone in your area and put them on DVD. You won't regret it.

You can do the same with new videos.

• Like 1

Just copy them to an external hard drive. Either WiFi or not. When you want to watch, just plug into the tv.

Or the VLC cloud option is good.

I want one of those digital picture frames you used to see. Me and the fiancée are getting a pretty nice collection of photos from our travels and such. Would like to make a slideshow of them and have it rolling through on a picture frame.

Cant seem to find one anymore though.

Just copy them to an external hard drive. Either WiFi or not. When you want to watch, just plug into the tv.

Or the VLC cloud option is good.

I want one of those digital picture frames you used to see. Me and the fiancée are getting a pretty nice collection of photos from our travels and such. Would like to make a slideshow of them and have it rolling through on a picture frame.

Cant seem to find one anymore though.

The external hard drive seems like an unnecessary step, unless Im computer stoopid,

which is very probable.

iPhone-laptop-hard drive-tv

Vs

iPhone-YouTube-tv

Whats exactly is a VLC cloud?

I pay for iCloud storage and so does my wife, but I have no idea how to access my focking cloud or whats in there.

I just know all the pics and videos I take with my phone are stored somewhere in a .99 cent per month white puffy cloud out there in the universe.

YouTube is your best bet.

Struggling is more about your WiFi limitations than YouTubes.

And you should consider editing your videos with something like iMovie before uploading - even if it just simple cleanup of your raw clips.

Heres a string of clips from when my boy was learning to skate - I make tons of these to capture the memories - a bit of editing goes a long way:

Ok so. I uploaded some larger clips to my desktop then edited them using the windows photos program.

I then sent the smaller clips to YouTube and Facebook bit some them still took awhile.

Then I read I have to verify my YouTube account I order to load videos longer than 15 minutes.

Then I read that there are ways to code the videos so the load to YouTube faster?

Its all Greek to me. Any idea what I should try to make things a little smoother?