Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

Injured deer in backyard

Looks like one of his legs is hurt. He is trying to get up but cant. Poor little fella :(

Any advice? I know if I call the game warden or whatever it is you call they will just come up and shoot it :(

Looks like one of his legs is hurt. He is trying to get up but cant. Poor little fella :(

Any advice? I know if I call the game warden or whatever it is you call they will just come up and shoot it :(

Immediate dispatch and take from misery. Assuming you live in a rural enough area.

whats the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts?

but on a real note, why call a local game warden and not a local shelter or vet?

Let him be. The coyotes will be along soon enough to finish him off. It's going to be messy though.

Aw, that's sad. 😞

She want to do is a little bit of ibuprofen and then every 10 minutes alternate between heat and cold. Plenty of rest and see how it's doing in the morning. If you can get it in for a long hot shower, that can only do some good too. Thoughts and prayers little deer face.

Shoot it is the only humane response.

:bench:

Shoot it in the head and eat it.

Eat it in the head

Let him be. The coyotes will be along soon enough to finish him off. It's going to be messy though.

Yeah that might be the outcome. Theres a few of them around here.

Tons of deer around these parts. Still in the city but a lot of woods nearby in all directions.

Tenderloins are good. Make cube steaks or meat for braising with the rest.

Lesser cuts can be made into deer burger or sausage. Burger is made by adding beef fat, sausage with pork fat and spices. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Eat it in the head

Don't be silly cubby

Seriously though. Either call the game warden or take a knife and got slit the throat. Then take it to a processing place and get the meat processed

I dont have a gun and I aint getting close to the thing. Its dark now, with any luck itll miraculously get better and be gone in the morning. Sad

I'd prolly call the DNR. A bullet to the head would be more humane than being eaten alive by coyotes.

Yeah, not a good idea to go all Bear Grylls on this thing. Deer are known to Carry parasites which carry Lyme disease and other nasty things.

Whatever the resolution, wouldn't be such a bad idea to spread some kind of weed killer, bug killer etcetera in the air the yard even remotely impacted by the deer.

Yeah, not a good idea to go all Bear Grylls on this thing. Deer are known to Carry parasites which carry Lyme disease and other nasty things.

Whatever the resolution, wouldn't be such a bad idea to spread some kind of weed killer, bug killer etcetera in the air the yard even remotely impacted by the deer.

Wiff's afraid of deer cooties. :lol:

Seriously though. Either call the game warden or take a knife and got slit the throat. Then take it to a processing place and get the meat processed

that deer, injured and all would kick your ass is my bet

• Like 1

Yea if that thing has life left in its legs there’s no way I’m getting up close to it.

Negative bud. Unlike you Ive actually slit an inured deers throat. Had a similar situation happen when I was about 16-17

I'd prolly call the DNR. A bullet to the head would be more humane than being eaten alive by coyotes.

This

Not this.

People just dont understand what a wild animal really is until theyve actually encountered one up close

People just dont understand what a wild animal really is until theyve actually encountered one up close

Hence, my instructional video.

Anything big enough to either bite or kick the crap out of you, probably will.

I'd be a mess. Honestly. I'd be better off if some random homeless person froze to death in my backyard then the situation that you've described.

I know it's not right, but it's true.

I was drunk driving years ago, northern Michigan, coming home from my girlfriends house. I was driving some old pick up truck down this hill at nighttime and the vehicle at the bottom of the hill kept flashing his lights on and off as I approached. Ain't no way in hell I was gonna stop but I was curious what he wanted as I sped past and came upon a deer laying in the road, still alive, with his head up looking at me.

THUMP THUMP

Oooh, sorry about that.

Awww :(

My advice, err..What I would have done, was to try and help him/ her out of the situation.

Either way, it's pretty damn cool that you live ib an area where you get random deer :)

We get random Turkeys flying from roof to roof here on occasion. Yes, I said Turkeys flying.

We also get some beautiful peacocks in certain places.

Hell, right now we have some possums...Don't tell Gypsybrat, though. That fuckhead goes all Escobar on those poor little creatures

Negative bud. Unlike you Ive actually slit an inured deers throat. Had a similar situation happen when I was about 16-17

Do tell

The hoof got caught in the grill, and I gotta hack it off.

Whaddya call it? The foot, the the paw..

Did I ever tell the story where my buddy hit a doe off I-90 in Montana between Terry and Miles City? Deer are locust plague thick right there along the Yellowstone. She was in the ditch with her front legs sheared off at the elbows...

She was flopping around bawling... trying to get up.

We didn't have a gun... but did have a tire iron... :( Johnny B couldn't do it.... so.. high school mmmmm...beer had to tonk it to deaf...

Tonk.. tonk tonk tonk...

Deers heads are real hard.. like real hard.. :(

Tonk tonk tonk...

Cars slowing down to see if we need help.. tonk tonk.. speeding off... tonk.. tonk... tonk tonk tonk... :(

Tonk tonk tonk tonk tonk tonk ... :cry:

Looked like a blood spatter scene from Dexter when it was done...

This was hrrmm.. spring of 1992.. I'm sure I'd be in the deepest levels of some peta dungeon if it was nowdays.

• Like 1