Sign in to follow this  
nolefan

who to draft with the 1.09 rookie pick

10-team dynasty league going into its 9 year.

Start- 1-QB, 2-RBs, 3-WR/Tes, 1-K

3 round rookie/vet draft.

Roster

QBs

S Rosenfels(will be drop), D Culpepper,M Brunell,J McCown,R Grossman,C Palmer

RBs

C Brown,M. Turner,L Tomlinson,T Bell,R Droughns,T.J. Duckett

WRs

T Holt,J Horn,D Jackson,B Engram,B Jones,D Bennett,D Driver,J Jurevicius,A Gates

Kick

M Vanderjagt

I have narrowed it down to these players I would want to draft with the 1.09 pick.raft is this friday

M .Bell

Leinart

Cutler

Norwood

Here is how I am looking at it now. I do not need a QB, have Palmer and Culpeper. I feel I am deep at WR. Bell or Norwood might be the best for my team with the 1.09 pick.

Here is the gamble on Mike Bell. If I draft him with the 1.09 and he does not get the starting job I wasted a pick.

How would you rank them?

Norwood is considered a strong sleeper candidate.

But when is your draft? Do you have time to see how Bell performs?

If Bell kicks butt in the preseason, then take him. I would rather have Bell than Norwood in that situation.

I am not a fan of this year's rookie WR class so dont draft them.

You might want to think about drafting for future trade value. Only if you think you can trade with the other teams based on their needs.

If you take a QB or better yet, Vernon Davis, then you can trade them later so a higher first round pick say next year and take a shot at one of the top rookie RBs in that class.

Please check out mine and give me your advice.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=219560

Thanks

I like Norwood myself. Dunn is over 30, and Duckett doesn't look like the answer. And Atlanta should continue to be a run-first team.

Who knows with Mike Bell. He's worth a shot, as he would have more upside than anyone if he gets the starting job. But I think he splits with Tatum at best.

Norwood is considered a strong sleeper candidate.

But when is your draft? Do you have time to see how Bell performs?

If Bell kicks butt in the preseason, then take him. I would rather have Bell than Norwood in that situation.

I am not a fan of this year's rookie WR class so dont draft them.

You might want to think about drafting for future trade value. Only if you think you can trade with the other teams based on their needs.

If you take a QB or better yet, Vernon Davis, then you can trade them later so a higher first round pick say next year and take a shot at one of the top rookie RBs in that class.

Please check out mine and give me your advice.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=219560

Thanks

this friday

I would draft Bell. True that he could end up doing nothing and you wasted the pick. Realistically though, Norwood doesn't guarantee you anything either. He's a sleeper candidate...I don't think that makes him more valuable than Bell.

Do you have the possibility of trading up in the draft? Looking at your team it seems like you could do very well if you could trade up into the top 5 or so picks and get one of the top 4 RBs.

Please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=220159

Roster after draft

QBs

D Culpepper,M Brunell,R Grossman,C Palmer

RBs

C Brown,M Turner,L Tomlinson,T Bell,M. Bell, R Droughns,T.J. Duckett

WR/TEs

T Holt,J Horn,D Jackson,B Engram,B Jones,D Bennett,D Driver,J Jurevicius,A Gates, G. Jennings, A. Battle

Kick

M Vanderjagt

I need to drop one player to get down to the roster limit of 22. Which WR would you drop.