Sign in to follow this  
BobSanders_33

Rookie RB Steal of the Draft

Last year I started the Isiah Crowell hype train when many on here said that a 3rd string undrafted free agent RB couldn't amount to anything, Although Crow didn't deliver everything I had hope he still had a good season and made a decent flex.

This year I'm bringing you the late round forgotten gem that will win your league: Javorius "Buck" Allen. I love his situation right now with the Marc Trestman in Baltimore. First, the player in front of him Justin Forsett was excellent in 2014. He was a good fit in the Kubiak zone scheme. Forsett will be going into his age 30 season. Although he is low mileage he has never proven that he can carry the load.

Lorenzo Taliaferro is a horrible fit in this scheme and poses no real threat.

That leaves Buck Allen. He has the running and receiving ability to be a poor man's Matt Forte. That is a hell of a steal late in a draft. I fully expect Buck to take over by the middle of the season as a high RB2 that will be available on waivers after drafts in most leagues.

I'm not sure if you'll consider him a steal or not but I really like Coleman. I've been getting him in almost every mock around rounds 9 and 10. I'm also considering Jones in Washington, Cobb in Tennessee and Johnson in Arizona as possible sleepers.

Rookie steal for me is Duke Johnson. Good fit for CLE zone blocking scheme, could easily be the lightning to Crowell's thunder. West is all but gone in that offense imo and Johnson takes over that role. The Duke could put up Gio type production in the Brown's offense next year.

• Like 2

Rookie steal for me is Duke Johnson. Good fit for CLE zone blocking scheme, could easily be the lightning to Crowell's thunder. West is all but gone in that offense imo and Johnson takes over that role. The Duke could put up Gio type production in the Brown's offense next year.

I'm not sure I'd want anyone in the Cleveland backfield right now.

Last year I started the Isiah Crowell hype train when many on here said that a 3rd string undrafted free agent RB couldn't amount to anything, Although Crow didn't deliver everything I had hope he still had a good season and made a decent flex.

This year I'm bringing you the late round forgotten gem that will win your league: Javorius "Buck" Allen. I love his situation right now with the Marc Trestman in Baltimore. First, the player in front of him Justin Forsett was excellent in 2014. He was a good fit in the Kubiak zone scheme. Forsett will be going into his age 30 season. Although he is low mileage he has never proven that he can carry the load.

Lorenzo Taliaferro is a horrible fit in this scheme and poses no real threat.

That leaves Buck Allen. He has the running and receiving ability to be a poor man's Matt Forte. That is a hell of a steal late in a draft. I fully expect Buck to take over by the middle of the season as a high RB2 that will be available on waivers after drafts in most leagues.

I like the pick, but I feel you're probably a year early. I think he'll be more complementary this year and a full on starter next year.

you can't tell how some of these rookie rb's will do until they start playing

Sometimes you can.

I will keep my #1 close to the vest, but will throw out a bone to chew:

tyler varga - colts

I'm not sure if you'll consider him a steal or not but I really like Coleman. I've been getting him in almost every mock around rounds 9 and 10. I'm also considering Jones in Washington, Cobb in Tennessee and Johnson in Arizona as possible sleepers.

Agree after Gordon i like Coleman also . With the WR and Qb the Falcons have i can se Coleman having a very good season .

tyler varga - colts

selfish bastard

Mocks dont mean a damn thing right now for the vast majority of owners. Mocks wont mean anything for about 3 more months.

Foolish.

Hard to say. Yeldon has a great opportunity. He's just as likely to have as good a season as Gordon or Gurley.

Hard to say. Yeldon has a great opportunity. He's just as likely to have as good a season as Gordon or Gurley.

Buyer beware.

tyler varga - colts

You have got to be kidding me.

• Like 1

You have got to be kidding me.

I only kid in italics.

• Like 2

Then that post needs to be in italics.

I threw out a bone to chew on, which you may reject if you like. Yes, he has no big name and still has to make the team.....but never underestimate a Yale-man, or the fight in a bull dog.

After all, this is fantasy football.....and much stranger things have happened.

This kid has got something. If nothing else, a high IQ.

The Varga Bus is coming (consider that phrase heretofore copyrighted),

• Like 1

I threw out a bone to chew on, which you may reject if you like. Yes, he has no big name and still has to make the team.....but never underestimate a Yale-man, or the fight in a bull dog.

Sorry, but if he even makes a team it will be as a career special teamer. He'll never make a ripple in the fantasy pool. Just being realistic.

Sorry, but if he even makes a team it will be as a career special teamer. He'll never make a ripple in the fantasy pool. Just being realistic.

Ok pete - who's your rookie steal? Are you as good at prognostication as panning opp? Throw a dart. I dare ya.

• Like 1

So I got a bigger bone maybe,, get your minds out of the gutter,,

so not a rook, but homes real cheap right now.

Ryan Williams, grab him now, before he is the starter in Dallas.

I brought this same post here a year ago and got laughed out, wont be so funny for those that laughed at the notion in about 2 months. Just saying, he is still cheap if not on your waivers. Only Dmac stands in his way at the moment, and RW looks like a physical beast, after an entire off season of the Woicik workout program.

Classification...

Super Stud Sleeper... SSS

and I reserve the right to patent that tag.

Ok pete - who's your rookie steal? Are you as good at prognostication as panning opp? Throw a dart. I dare ya.

Sorry, I forgot we live in the everybody gets a trophy just for trying generation, but I like you so I'll give ya two.

David Cobb.....prototypical size and only has garbage (Sankey and Greene) in front of him.

Cameron Artis Payne....only has made of glass Stewart in front of him and no other competition on the roster.

You're welcome.

Yeldon. Some think he may do better than Gordon and Gurley.

Yeldon is a jaguar. DND.

Yeldon is a jaguar. DND.

Oh he's certainly draftable, just with tempered expectations.

Tyler "The Little Blue Pill" Varga

• Like 1

Forsett is really good and an excellent 3 down back... while he may get hurt or wear himself out I think he is definitely the guy this season barring injury and Allen is a year or so away from his chance

• Like 1

Yeldon is a jaguar. DND.

Denard Robinson was a decent WW pickup last year at the flex

Forsett is really good and an excellent 3 down back... while he may get hurt or wear himself out I think he is definitely the guy this season barring injury and Allen is a year or so away from his chance

I think it is a stretch to call Forsett really good. Kubiak has made trash into treasure before and now he is gone. I don't think it is out of the question that Forsett reverts back to his old standing or wears down. That is why I said that Allen has a chance to be a very late round steal.

I think it is a stretch to call Forsett really good. Kubiak has made trash into treasure before and now he is gone. I don't think it is out of the question that Forsett reverts back to his old standing or wears down. That is why I said that Allen has a chance to be a very late round steal.

His old standing was as a highly effectly lightly used change of pace back where it was often pondered what he could do with more opportunity... He got it and put up enormous numbers... Yes he is 30, and yes his mileage is much lower, but he is a smaller guy, so who knows about longevity, but to assume a guy who was at the top of the AFC rushing charts is going to get blown out of the water by a raw rookie is nothing more than the same preseason hype train we see every year.

Crowell was a good pick because Ben Tate was in a similar situation to Forsett before Forsett proved himself. He was vulnerable as a effective change of pace guy who you wondered what would happen when he got more opportunity. He didn't run with it and the door was left open...

To assume the same thing will happen in Bal is to assume Forsett completely reverses into oblivion and a rookie comes out of nowhere... it could happen but it is a major stretch for next season

Remember Forestt was out of football when he got a shot with the Ravens , and if Rice did not beat up his wife he might still be out of the game . So great point about Kubiak no longer on the Ravens coaching staff . I would not count on Forestt having the same season he had last season . Allen can steal a lot of work from him he is a upgrade from the backups they had last season .

So I got a bigger bone maybe,, get your minds out of the gutter,,

so not a rook, but homes real cheap right now.

Ryan Williams, grab him now, before he is the starter in Dallas.

I brought this same post here a year ago and got laughed out, wont be so funny for those that laughed at the notion in about 2 months. Just saying, he is still cheap if not on your waivers. Only Dmac stands in his way at the moment, and RW looks like a physical beast, after an entire off season of the Woicik workout program.

Classification...

Super Stud Sleeper... SSS

and I reserve the right to patent that tag.

I have my eye on him too... Showed some flashes in limited opps last season; another year removed from injury and a clearer path to a top shelf opportunity in Dallas.

Yeldon is a jaguar. DND.

A few years ago the NFC West was the worst division in football. Things change in the NFL.

Lots of young talent - the key will be Bortles. Does he have what it takes?