Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

RIP Yordano Ventura

DND?

RIP :(

The guy had a lot of talent with exceptional velocity and at 25 he still had the potential to put it all together and have a great career. RIP

The guy had a lot of talent with exceptional velocity and at 25 he still had the potential to put it all together and have a great career. RIP

Yeah...RIP...2 young pitchers now recently.

Anytime a 25 year old dies, regardless of who it is, its a tragedy.

• Like 1

And Andy Marte in a separate crash. Dead at 33.

Wow sad day.

And Andy Marte in a separate crash. Dead at 33.

Wow sad day.

I suspect there'll be more to this story.

Wasn't he the one that had the short temper and liked to throw at hitters a lot?

Wasn't he the one that had the short temper and liked to throw at hitters a lot?

yeah I was kinda looking forward to machado coming to town. We were talking about it last night matter of fact.

yeah I was kinda looking forward to machado coming to town. We were talking about it last night matter of fact.

Not gonna lie, I thought Ventura was a huge punk. I looked forward to the Tigers trying to pound his brains in for the next ten years. Part of what makes sports fun is rooting for/against guys like him.

Sucks he is gone.

Not surprising really.

Surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Not just for players from other countries. When you give these kids millions, it's just a bad recipe

Dominican Republic: most dangerous country in the world for motor vehicles per the World Health Organization.

Why did I let my wife talk me into vacationing there next month?

Nice knowing you guys :wave:

you can't afford a car that goes over 85

Me too. I am going there for vacation with the family. I have been there before, though. It is a little scary getting their shuttle buses and seeing what they have on the roads.

Best one was a scooter that had 4 people on it. Not even sure how it was moving forward, but they are all piled on the scooter on a busy road with no helmets.

Wow - that kid had some serious stuff... Did his family's life change in an instant or what?

Me too. I am going there for vacation with the family. I have been there before, though. It is a little scary getting their shuttle buses and seeing what they have on the roads.

Best one was a scooter that had 4 people on it. Not even sure how it was moving forward, but they are all piled on the scooter on a busy road with no helmets.

just imagine how many they squeeze into an apartment :o

Where are you staying? I have never done the DR before, nor have I done all-inclusive. We are staying at Excellence - Punta Cana, next month.

Where are you staying? I have never done the DR before, nor have I done all-inclusive. We are staying at Excellence - Punta Cana, next month.

We are staying at the Hard Rock in Punta Cana. We stayed at Dreams Punta Cana the last time. The all-inclusives are pretty good. Some words of advice:

- Don't expect to do all sorts of excursions. If the resort is nice, stay there and enjoy. There isn't a ton to do elsewhere. We swam with the dolphins, but it is a lot of money. Other than that, skip it.

- if they have an upgrade to premium club or whatever they have that gets you better booze, upgraded dining and special stuff, get it. It is worth it.

- Many places have timeshare sales. They will hit you hard

- Before you go, get your tourist card online as it will save you time at the airport in Punta Cana. It cost $10 (I think) and you have to have it.

- Verify that your resort is providing transportation from/to the airport. Only go with them. The taxis and other places will take you for a ride.

• Like 1

Thanks, Reggie White.

Great one.

lets relive that great speech

The United States has gotten away from God, in part by allowing homosexuality to ''run rampant,'' the ordained minister told them.

Homosexuality is a sin and the plight of homosexuals should not be compared to that of blacks, he said.

''Homosexuality is a decision, it's not a race,'' White said. ''People from all different ethnic backgrounds live in this lifestyle. But people from all different ethnic backgrounds also are liars and cheaters and malicious and back-stabbing.''

Blacks were enslaved largely because their skin color made them stand out in white society, he said.

Whites could not enslave American Indians because they ''knew the territory, and the Indians knew how to sneak up on people,'' he said.

White said he had thought a lot about why God created different races. Each race has certain gifts, he said.

Blacks are gifted at worship and celebration, White said.

''If you go to a black church, you see people jumping up and down because they really get into it,'' he said.

Whites are good at organization, White said.

''You guys do a good job of building businesses and things of that nature, and you know how to tap into money,'' he said.

''Hispanics were gifted in family structure, and you can see a Hispanic person, and they can put 20, 30 people in one home.''

The Japanese and other Asians are inventive, and ''can turn a television into a watch,'' White said. Indians are gifted in spirituality, he said.

''When you put all of that together, guess what it makes: It forms a complete image of God,'' White said.

White said after his speech that his comments were about coming together as a society and taking guidance from God. They were not meant to stereotype the races, he said.

As for homosexuality, White said anyone who disagrees with him can consult Scripture.

Racist White

I think this photo might be able to verify this report:

https://twitter.com/Jacobommoquete/status/823193264346042368

:(

Damn, they took the picture and posted it with him still laying on the ground?

That is not right...

yeah, not sure if this is common practice in third world countries or what :(

Dominican Republic: most dangerous country in the world for motor vehicles per the World Health Organization.

Sounds like a wonderful place for my ex to visit.

Damn, they took the picture and posted it with him still laying on the ground?

That is not right...

That's him? Did he put on like 75 pounds in the off-season? And what's that junker he was driving? :huh:

Seatbelt doesn't matter since he lost control on a winding mountain road in the fog and went over a cliff. My favorite player on my favorite team. :(

Hah.. yeah I go every year for about the last decade or so. Driving down there is no joke.

They don't have lanes and the roads are crappy. If someone wants to pass they just honk and go by wherever. And in the city it's even worse. They don't have that many traffic lights or stop signs. So there's like a general flow of traffic that they somehow understand about when you can cross and things like that.

Have you guys heard the developments on this? Supposedly, someone found him alive at the crash scene, looters and they robbed him, stole his ws ring and left him for dead :(

Have you guys heard the developments on this? Supposedly, someone found him alive at the crash scene, looters and they robbed him, stole his ws ring and left him for dead :(

we need more of them here

How do you know they found him alive? Did the looters talk?

No.....but I heard his family is anxiously awaiting the toxicology results... If it turns out he had booze in his system - they aren't going to get shiit.