Sign in to follow this  
Artista

Kobe Bryant

Tomorrow night 7:30 pm PT on ESPN2 is the final game he will play vs the Jazz. Not a huge fan of his but will miss his talent in the NBA------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------before he started to uh, slip.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/04/11/watch-kendrick-lamar-releases-kobe-bryant-tribute-video/

Good Riddance. The only reason im sorry he is leaving is that now the Lakers can actually start rebuilding. I hope it takes them 30 years.

• Like 1

Well now... how about a geek tribute vid. :lol:

I hope the Lakers pick conveys to the Sixers this year - I'm afraid LA will be better next season without Kobe on the court.

can't stand him. I am admittedly biased on this one..... was working in vail (very close to cordillera) when he wanted kobe play time. i knew people who knew the lady.

prior to the charges i disliked the lakers, but had a decent amount of respect for his game.

I'll be flipping between channels tonight. Not common to have 2 milestone games playing at the same time.

I'll be flipping between channels tonight. Not common to have 2 milestone games playing at the same time.

You'll throw off the Nielsen ratings, it'll show at least 30 people watching

One of the all time greatest sports, selfish, a$$holes - could also play a little bit.

How high would you put him, top 20? No way top ten

Probably the #12-#15 range...

If hes not top 10 which i dont think he is..hes close. Hard not to put a guy who is number 1 in almost every category for THAT franchise up there.

Dude come on. :rolleyes:

Won 5 NBA championships

2x finals MVP

1 NBA MVP

15-time All Star

Led the league in scoring 2x

3rd in all time scoring

3rd in postseason scoring

9x NBA all defensive team

Averaged 25 PPG in his TWENTY YEAR career spanning 3 decades

I think the guy is a massive doosh but he is easily Top 10 alltime and you can make a case for Top 5.

If hes not top 10 which i dont think he is..hes close. Hard not to put a guy who is number 1 in almost every category for THAT franchise up there.

I think it's more due to his years in the league. When I've watched him in the past, he's pretty similar to Dominique Wilkins, except he had a good supporting cast and titles.

Dude come on. :rolleyes:

Won 5 NBA championships

2x finals MVP

1 NBA MVP

15-time All Star

Led the league in scoring 2x

3rd in all time scoring

3rd in postseason scoring

9x NBA all defensive team

Averaged 25 PPG in his TWENTY YEAR career spanning 3 decades

I think the guy is a massive doosh but he is easily Top 10 alltime and you can make a case for Top 5.

Michael

Magic

Bird

Wilt

Oscar Robinson

Kareem

Shaq

Lebron

David Robinson

Tim Duncan

Hakeem

Jerry west

Here's who is put above kobe, I think that's a fair list

Michael

Magic

Bird

Wilt

Oscar Robinson

Kareem

Shaq

Lebron

David Robinson

Tim Duncan

Hakeem

Jerry west

There is no way Jerry West and D. Robinson, as great as they were - rank higher than Kobe. That's silly.

Michael

Magic

Bird

Wilt

Oscar Robinson

Kareem

Shaq

Lebron

David Robinson

Tim Duncan

Hakeem

Jerry west

You realize most everybody on that list had fewer seasons, championships and All-Star appearances, and had lower stats than Kobe right?

For example as much as everybody reveres Magic he won the same # of championships with a similarly talented supporting cast, played 3 fewer seasons and averaged 6 PPG less. About the only metric where he's better than Kobe is in assists (naturally), but Kobe was in his prime a better defender.

Magic does win on 80s nostalgia though. :thumbsup:

I hate Kobe, but his career stacks up with or exceeds almost everyone on your list. I'd have to go player by player but off the top of my head only Wilt, Tim Duncan and LeBron (projecting here) really objectively exceed him in stats, accolades (MVP, All Star, All Defense etc.) and longevity.

The man is a scumbag but he's Top 10 and it's a no brainer. He's probably closer to 5 than 10.

There is no way Jerry West and D. Robinson, as great as they were - rank higher than Kobe. That's silly.

It's also silly to put Shaq above Kobe when he only ever won a championship with Kobe.

You mean the guy who is the logo of the league isn't as good as Kobe?

can't stand him. I am admittedly biased on this one..... was working in vail (very close to cordillera) when he wanted kobe play time. i knew people who knew the lady.

prior to the charges i disliked the lakers, but had a decent amount of respect for his game.

Doesn't pretty much everyone in Vail, especially the males, "know" the lady?

It's also silly to put Shaq above Kobe when he only ever won a championship with Kobe.

You forget the heat years?

Michael

Magic

Bird

Wilt

Oscar Robinson

Kareem

Shaq

Lebron

David Robinson

Tim Duncan

Hakeem

Jerry west

It's hard to compare across positions, but I've made a few changes to your list. Only eliminating Lebron due to longevity. If he quit today he wouldn't be considered better than Kobe.

Shaq was a shell that year. Wade put that team on it's back to get that championship.

You mean the guy who is the logo of the league isn't as good as Kobe?

Correct.

Crap you're right, my bad.

My point stands though: I got a list of 12 players, most of whom don't beat Kobe according to any metric.

Crap you're right, my bad.

My point stands though: I got a list of 12 players, most of whom don't beat Kobe according to any metric.

I'm curious as to which ones, hes the Craig biggio of basketball, pretty good for a long time to compile stats, but if I was picking a team of all players in their prime, he'd be pretty far down there

He is an easy top 10 and arguable top 5-7. If making a 10 person nba team of all timers. Jordan is the starting SG and Kobe is the backup. He is on the team tho.

When making these lists I try to look at all the factors, not just raw stats. Legacy, clutch, impact, eye test, all those things factor in. Magic averaging less ppg is a negligible argument when comparing the two for example. But Kobe has a ton of those intangible factors going for him along with his great stats.

• Like 1

I'm curious as to which ones, hes the Craig biggio of basketball, pretty good for a long time to compile stats, but if I was picking a team of all players in their prime, he'd be pretty far down there

Kobe was a top 3-5 active player in the league for about a decade. You seriously undersell him by saying he was "pretty good" for a long time. I'm not sure Craig Biggio was arguably the best player in baseball at any point.

Of the list above, only Michael, Wilt, Duncan, Kareem and maybe Lebron were clearly better than Kobe and that's projecting Bron's remaining years.

Guys who are clearly not on Kobe's level: David Robinson, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West.

On his level: Magic, Bird, Hakeem, Shaq. You could make a case for Kobe being better than any of them but the resumes are roughly similar.

He's at worst 9 on my list. I'd probably put him ahead of Magic and Shaq up in the 6/7 range.

• Like 1