Sign in to follow this  
"Game of Thrones": Season 7...

i hate griping about a show I love but when you say opening scene do you mean the one where Walder Frey, who is clearly dead is giving the speech and is clearly Arya Stark wearing his face and poisoning his entire crew? I thought it was complete pandering to the audience who love "badass little Arya". I mean, unless you did not see the season 6 finale, you know exactly what is happening.

I don't mind Arya but she didn't grow up enough in the first 6 seasons to be taken seriously as a bad ass assassin.

also, i know the episodes are supposed to be a bit longer than usual form here on out but if they keep touching on every single storyline in every episode, the conclusion of this series is going to end up feeling even more rushed than I anticipate.

Just finished it. Not bad. I expected it to be slow. The early episodes usually are.

Digging the arya character, although I agree with WW that it is a bit implausible.

Jon is handling business. Needs to give Sansa five across the eyes though.

I'm sick of Cersei and Jamie. I like Euron though. Hope he kills them.

They spent way too much time on the Sam storyline. Boring.

Danny coming home was nice. I Expect more from her as we go forward.

Soup

And

Poop

And

Soup

And

Poop

And

Soup

And

Poop.

I actually got a pretty good kick out of that montage. It was just missing the cheesy 80's music.

I live for Game of Thrones.

I thought the first 10 minutes were good but the last 50 minutes were meh.

Way too much walking around and talking about nothing.

Seems to me they aren't able to really make good dialogue without the template GRRM provided in the books.

I feel like the show is going to be a bit soap opera-ish from here on out instead of brilliant and surprising.

But I will say, when I saw the Giants I was like, "OMG!!!!!!"

Arya's cold open scene was enjoyable but yes, pandering to the fan base - still, I liked it.

Any and EVERY scene The Hound is in, I love - if it's action/fighting, he's great, if it's dialogue, he's even better.

These aren't exact, but I loved them:

It’s my f**ing luck I ended up with a bunch of fire worshippers.” – The Hound

Oh fock it - I can't remember the focking words... I'm sorry you're dead... both of you... you deserved better

If your Lord is so focking great and powerful, then why doesn't he just focking tell you what he wants!

• Like 1

I live for Game of Thrones.

I thought the first 10 minutes were good but the last 50 minutes were meh.

Way too much walking around and talking about nothing.

Seems to me they aren't able to really make good dialogue without the template GRRM provided in the books.

I feel like the show is going to be a bit soap opera-ish from here on out instead of brilliant and surprising.

But I will say, when I saw the Giants I was like, "OMG!!!!!!"

I was kinda bummed too..Only cause there are so few episodes left. I took this as kind of a F you fans..We are going to do what e want..Reminds me of LOST and boy I hope that doesn't happen. We will see. It's still super watchable.

Any and EVERY scene The Hound is in, I love - if it's action/fighting, he's great, if it's dialogue, he's even better.

• Like 1

Arya's cold open scene was enjoyable but yes, pandering to the fan base - still, I liked it.

These aren't exact, but I loved them:

It’s my f**ing luck I ended up with a bunch of fire worshippers.” – The Hound

Oh fock it - I can't remember the focking words... I'm sorry you're dead... both of you... you deserved better

If your Lord is so focking great and powerful, then why doesn't he just focking tell you what he wants!

"You know what doesn't scare me? Bald cacksuckers like you. You think you're fooling anyone with that top knot? Bald kunt." :lol:

• Like 1

I'm rewatching Blackwater. I kinda wish George would just give up on the books - since he's never going to finish them anyway - and just write for the show. The focker can write an episode. :thumbsup:

I'm rewatching Blackwater. I kinda wish George would just give up on the books - since he's never going to finish them anyway - and just write for the show. The focker can write an episode. :thumbsup:

I was in an imported (meaning English) bookstore the other day. They had a whole GRR end cap. The wit and wisdom of tyrion Lannister. Now some new piece of sh!t that is a collection of his novellas set before the GOT.

Fock that guy. I will never again buy a damn thing he writes. Lazy cacksucker.

Eventually he will die and his estate will hire someone else to finish it. Like Robert Jordan's wife did.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a show now. The books are dead.

I was in an imported (meaning English) bookstore the other day. They had a whole GRR end cap. The wit and wisdom of tyrion Lannister. Now some new piece of sh!t that is a collection of his novellas set before the GOT.

Fock that guy. I will never again buy a damn thing he writes. Lazy cacksucker.

I've probably b!tched about George as much as anyone, but in his defense I wonder how much hands-on he really has to do with a lot of that stuff. My guess would be not much.

Then again he's currently involved with developing 5 different pilots, and running his theater, and constantly editing and promoting other works... so I guess that's not much of a defense.

Didn't they run out of source material a while ago? I woild say things got better and less drawn out once they ran out of Martins books to go by.

BUT my fears (and episode 1 did nothing to ease those fears) is that they are going to cram so much so fast to tie everything up when in reality, the amount of storyline coild have the show lasting another 5 seasons of full episodes

It took 6 years for the walkers to reach the wall (still havnt) and the show is going to conclude in 13 (now 12) more episodes... even though some of the episodes will be longer than normal l, which begs the question why not juse have 10. We had 60 episodes of white walkers marching and 60 episodes of Dany diiking around across the sea and now BAM

• Like 1

Didn't they run out of source material a while ago? I woild say things got better and less drawn out once they ran out of Martins books to go by.

BUT my fears (and episode 1 did nothing to ease those fears) is that they are going to cram so much so fast to tie everything up when in reality, the amount of storyline coild have the show lasting another 5 seasons of full episodes

Same. Six seasons in and they're really just getting to the meat of the story in a lot of ways. And the last two seasons are going to be short. And meanwhile they're developing spinoffs. :dunno:

also, i know the episodes are supposed to be a bit longer than usual form here on out but if they keep touching on every single storyline in every episode, the conclusion of this series is going to end up feeling even more rushed than I anticipate.

Everyone's stories are converging. Where 2-3 characters are together no so they don't get their own separate time.

• Like 1

Everyone's stories are converging. Where 2-3 characters are together no so they don't get their own separate time.

yes but you have to admit 60 episodes to get here and 12 to go?

yes but you have to admit 60 episodes to get here and 12 to go?

You got me there I do believe they have had 60 episodes and have 12ish to go. :dunno:

You got me there I do believe they have had 60 episodes and have 12ish to go. :dunno:

:thumbsup:

I did enjoy this episodes. A whole lot of set up which can be great.

Becoming a Maester is a long journey piss pot and soup!. The maester indifference to the long night coming was interesting, but a coward attitude if you ask me..

When the Hound arrives at the house of the farmer and daughter I was reminded of the episode of the broken man when the Hound asks, "if the gods are real why haven't they punished me?" And the preacher says "They have" I wonder if they will touch on his destruction as they head to the wall.

LOVE Jon putting Sansa in her place. I focking hate her.

The dragon lady needs to die. I predict she will sacrifice herself for the kingdom.

just re watched the opening Arya scene. even worse the second time around. possibly the worst part of the episode, to be honest. Would have made for a cool scene if we didn't already know it was her....and as she struts out, its just hard to take Maise Williams seriously as a badass. She tries her best but visually doesn't do it.

It took 6 years for the walkers to reach the wall (still havnt) and the show is going to conclude in 13 (now 12) more episodes... even though some of the episodes will be longer than normal l, which begs the question why not juse have 10. We had 60 episodes of white walkers marching and 60 episodes of Dany diiking around across the sea and now BAM

HBO is great. They probably have six of the top ten shows of all time.

But they suck ass at endings. They always do this. Decide that a show is going to end, and then hurriedly cram an end onto a show that had a nice, slow pace.

just re watched the opening Arya scene. even worse the second time around. possibly the worst part of the episode, to be honest. Would have made for a cool scene if we didn't already know it was her....and as she struts out, its just hard to take Maise Williams seriously as a badass. She tries her best but visually doesn't do it.

if you had never watched Thrones... and this was your first taste of it.... it would have been stunningly bad.

As an invested audience, we are OK with the "face removal" thing... but, it's actually pretty stupid - stupid on a Travolta/Cage bad-movie level of stupid - poisoning everyone with wine that makes them spit blood - incredibly cheesy... and it's some 14 year old girl that's masterminded the whole thing - completely absurd.

But... it works for the fans... it's what the fans wanted and got. And, as a fan, I did enjoy it.

And so I'm concerned like you are- - that they will end this with piles of rushed, forced, audience appeasing cheese. :dunno: we'll see.

‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Premiere Shatters HBO Ratings Records

The “Game of Thrones” Season 7 premiere broke ratings records on HBO Sunday night.
The episode drew 16.1 million total viewers, including 10.1 million who watched on the linear channel and the rest coming from DVR and streaming. That represents an incredible 50% increase from last year’s premiere, when the show premiered in the spring when TV viewership is typically higher than the summer. That also makes the episode the most-watched season premiere for any HBO series to date. The Season 7 premiere also saw the highest number of concurrent viewers across the streaming services HBO Go and HBO Now.
“Game of Thrones” Season 6 ultimately averaged a gross audience of 25.7 million viewers per episode across platforms and in delayed viewing, making it the most watched season of an HBO series on record. The series is also a rarity in today’s television landscape, in that its viewership has increased with each season.
In addition, the premiere was also the show’s most-tweeted episode of all time. 2.4 million tweets were sent during the episode, with Ed Sheeran’s cameo alone driving approximately 7% of the online conversation. Viewers also expressed appreciation for Arya Stark, referring to her as “bada—” and “savage.” The show’s strong female characters also inspired fans to tweet “the future is female.” Some of the most-quoted lines included “Winter is here,” “Winter is coming,” “The North remembers,” “Leave one wolf alive, the sheep will never be safe,” and “Shall we begin?”

:doublethumbsup:

Hasn't been enough boobs on the last couole seasons.

Yeah they need to do some soul searching. The rules are expanded to meaningless if the old corpse being dissected is what they're using now to meet the nudity quotient. Oh well, at least it's not Renly and Loras.

Yeah they need to do some soul searching. The rules are expanded to meaningless if the old corpse being dissected is what they're using now to meet the nudity quotient. Oh well, at least it's not Renly and Loras.

Yeah but GRRM did us a solid and killed those fags off, for those treasonous scenes

I can't remember, did the Hound kill the 2 people at the house? or are we just lead to believe that it went the way that they spoke about..starving, dad killed daughter and himself as to not suffer?

I can't remember, did the Hound kill the 2 people at the house? or are we just lead to believe that it went the way that they spoke about..starving, dad killed daughter and himself as to not suffer?

He'd never kill a little girl like that, so no.

He'd never kill a little girl like that, so no.

ok, thought so, someone was telling me this angle, and it didn't seem right, but I couldn't remember how that ended.

He stole from them and left them for dead...

Euron's massive armada had to sail right past Dragonstone to get to Kings Landing then he sails it back out again. (look at a map : http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:Crownlands.png

Tyrion : Why is that massive fleet of Ironborn sailing past us here in Blackwater Bay?

Varys: My little birds tell me that Euron Greyjoy is looking for a singularly unique gift to present to Cersei in order to induce her to marry him.

Tyrion: I wonder what he has in mind. Perhaps they already have a garrison assigned here or Stannis left a reserve force.

Varys: No they didn't. Don't worry about it. Jamie Lannister did think to look for us here specifically, but this is a great place to hide from Euron. Also, it's perfectly safe for you and the queen to be the first two people to enter and explore the castle.

Tyrion: For an abandoned mega-castle, these stairs are remarkably clean, who's been sweeping them?

Varys: I have no idea.

• Like 1

if you had never watched Thrones... and this was your first taste of it.... it would have been stunningly bad.

As an invested audience, we are OK with the "face removal" thing... but, it's actually pretty stupid - stupid on a Travolta/Cage bad-movie level of stupid - poisoning everyone with wine that makes them spit blood - incredibly cheesy... and it's some 14 year old girl that's masterminded the whole thing - completely absurd.

But... it works for the fans... it's what the fans wanted and got. And, as a fan, I did enjoy it.

And so I'm concerned like you are- - that they will end this with piles of rushed, forced, audience appeasing cheese. :dunno: we'll see.

I think you may have my complaint backwards

I think someone just seeing thrones for the first time would be like woah! That's a stark girl wearing a guys face??? Crazy!

But we, as fans (I've been watching since S1E1 aired), already knew walder Frey was dead. So the whole opening scene is no surprise or shock or even intrigue. It's just a mass butchering that we all see coming from the moment Frey starts talking. We know 100 percent what's happening and it's all to pander to the arya fanbase.

Yeah I guess it furthers the story some by showing she took out his whole crew and I can get on board with the face thing. She learned just enough in her time with Jaquin... but as an actress she doesn't have that bad killer quality

He stole from them and left them for dead...

Yes he knew when he took from them they were going to die. He justified it by saying the where dead already.

Yes he knew when he took from them they were going to die. He justified it by saying the where dead already.

:thumbsup:

"He's weak. They'll be dead by winter... dead men don't need silver."

Have you been to the North Pole?

Do you ride around in a sleigh?

Have you made friends with elves?

Do you see me when I'm sleeping do you know when I'm awake?

Do you know who's been naughty and who's been nice?

The Arya stark "big reveal" was silly as fock since you JUST showed her call walder Frey :doh: These are the kinds of details they used to nail

Otherwise a pretty good episode. A little slow but they're setting things up (yes, still.)

Speaking of which how are those g0d damned white walkers so slow? They've been marching for years!! What do they have to stop for food, sleep, a focking piss? They're focking dead!!

Sansa is such a b1tch now. Transformation to Cersei well underway. Cersei was probably good once too but just too much sh1t happened to her, like we've seen Sansa go through. I enjoy that parallel.

Kinda curious where this Clegane and Lord of Light thing come in. Obviously they'll join forces with John Snow and his dragon glass and probably Danny and her dragons. Like the focking Care Bears or something. Jesus I hope they don't make the end too silly

Euron's massive armada had to sail right past Dragonstone to get to Kings Landing then he sails it back out again. (look at a map : http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:Crownlands.png

Tyrion : Why is that massive fleet of Ironborn sailing past us here in Blackwater Bay?

Varys: My little birds tell me that Euron Greyjoy is looking for a singularly unique gift to present to Cersei in order to induce her to marry him.

Tyrion: I wonder what he has in mind. Perhaps they already have a garrison assigned here or Stannis left a reserve force.

Varys: No they didn't. Don't worry about it. Jamie Lannister did think to look for us here specifically, but this is a great place to hide from Euron. Also, it's perfectly safe for you and the queen to be the first two people to enter and explore the castle.

Tyrion: For an abandoned mega-castle, these stairs are remarkably clean, who's been sweeping them?

Varys: I have no idea.

I also could not get over how clean and well kept the abandoned ancestral home was. Seriously, not even a cobweb or two just for effect??

I also could not get over how clean and well kept the abandoned ancestral home was. Seriously, not even a cobweb or two just for effect??

It was only abandoned since Stannis left. :dunno: