Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Mike Pereira: Eagles lined up in illegal formation on 'Philly Special' play in SB

https://985thesportshub.com/2018/02/13/philly-special-illegal-formation/

Mike Pereira, former NFL vice president of officiating, said on the Talk of Fame podcast that Eagles receiver Alshon Jeffery was not lined up properly.
"I know the league came out and said that it’s a judgment call, which it is," said Pereira. "The down judge ... they felt that it was his judgment, and [Jeffrey] was close enough. Well, he wasn’t. They lined up wrong.
"Not only that, it’s a trick play. And if you’re going to run a trick-type play, then you have to be lined up properly. You could either have six men on the line, or you could have an ineligible number lined up at the end of the line, which was the case. I know what the league has said, but they would have been a lot more comfortable if they would have called an illegal formation."

first super bowl win and it's with a big fat *

:first: *

Yeah that was another one I thought was blatantly obvious

NFL clearly had it out for the Patriots and wanted the iggles to win.

I'm convinced now more than ever that there was Bias against the Patriots in this game. It seems every subjective call went against them. And now the ones that aren't subjective did.

A rules interpretation from my wife who doesn't know what a first down is more valid than anything that comes out of Mike Pereira's mouth.

This blovating full-of-himself moron is a huge part of the problem Planet Earth has with NFL officiating and should be banned from commenting on rules interpretations.

• Like 1

A rules interpretation from my wife who doesn't know what a first down is more valid than anything that comes out of that idiot's mouth.

if he were the only one that said it, sure.

They probably score if they line up correctly. Or they score on thr next play if they flag them.

There was no defense in the game.

Some would say boring game.

I need to know what Mike Carey thinks. His track record is better than Pereira's.

So is Stevie Wonder's.

• Like 1

Stoopid. There are dozens of tiny rule infractions in every single NFL game that go undetected by the refs. Many of them, facemasks, holds, illegal contacts, blocks in the back actually have an impact on the outcome of the play.

This particular judgement call had 0 impact on the play, or the TD.

Let it go Elsa.

I thought I read somewhere that Jeffery had checked with the side judge, who nodded his approval before the snap.

He did, Ed loves poking the bear.

I thought I read somewhere that Jeffery had checked with the side judge, who nodded his approval before the snap.

twice

you can see it here

two weeks later pats fans still crying that they lost because of a 2nd quarter td where a WR split out wide (who checked with ref twice) was a foot or two off line :clap: :clap: :clap:

two weeks later pats fans still crying that they lost because of a 2nd quarter td where a WR split out wide (who checked with ref twice) was a foot or two off line :clap: :clap: :clap:

It is going to be incredible watching the eventual death of this dynasty. When BB and TB are gone, and they are stuck in 8-8 purgatory or worse. Listening to these fans will be priceless.

This. Clearly on the line.

/

/

/

/

nice line

Wow. You pats fans are pathetic. You have won five. Have some class and man up, take your defeat, and move on to next season, where you will again be the favorite.

take it easy dbag, most Pats fans have accepted the defeat.

It is going to be incredible watching the eventual death of this dynasty. When BB and TB are gone, and they are stuck in 8-8 purgatory or worse. Listening to these fans will be priceless.

|

|

|

|

|

|

j

Here's a fun fact that's hard to wrap your head around:

* NE was called for all of 1 penalty against Jax.

* NE was called for all of 1 penalty against Philly.

After getting popped 4 times, in a laugher against Tennessee, NE goes thru 2 of the most aggressive, physical defenses in the league in Jax and Philly - and only gets flagged twice, total?

Here's a fun fact that's hard to wrap your head around:

* NE was called for all of 1 penalty against Jax.

* NE was called for all of 1 penalty against Philly.

After getting popped 4 times, in a laugher against Tennessee, NE goes thru 2 of the most aggressive, physical defenses in the league in Jax and Philly - and only gets flagged twice, total?

Great coaching. You wouldn't know it if you saw it ;)

Great coaching. You wouldn't know it if you saw it ;)

Boy, that ain't no shiit. :(

The part of that entire sequence was Collinsworth going crazy with how innovative and bold Doug Pederson was for calling that play...the exact same play BB called a quarter earlier. :lol: