Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Last three times a QB threw for 400 yards:

Tom Brady against the Ravens, Tom Brady against the Falcons, and Tom Brady against the Saints.
— Football Perspective (@fbgchase) September 19, 2017

Tom Brady threw for 449 yards vs NO, with only 183 to WRs. When is the last time a QB threw for 400+ with less than 50% to WRs? @fbgchase
— Chris B. Brown (@smartfootball) September 18, 2017

Only three times in NFL history has a quarterback won a game while topping 447 yards, 3 touchdowns, a completion percentage over 76.0 and no interceptions. Roethlisberger, Rodgers and Brees are Hall of Famers. All have rings. None had seen their 33rd birthday. They were throwing to guys like Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb and Marques Colston, instead of completing the majority of their passes to halfbacks and tight ends. And combined, they don’t have as many Super Bowls (4) as Brady does (5).
I’m not saying Brady doesn’t get credit. I just think that we are so used to him throwing for 400 yards to slot receivers, backs, converted college quarterbacks, backup tight ends and clone troopers Belichick has genetically engineered to follow his orders that we take what we’re seeing for granted. I’m not exaggerating when I say about half the conversations I have with people in New England are about how much longer I think Brady has. Literally every Q&A I ever do when I’m doing book promotions (buy lots of them; Christmas is coming) somebody asks the question. Meanwhile professionally pissed off, high-pitched ignoramuses like Max Kellerman can’t stop staring at that “40” next to Brady’s name and screaming that his cliff is coming any day now.
And that’s great. Keep fixating on the End Times while guys like me and Baldinger keep being impressed by one of the great athletes any of us will ever see in 10 lifetimes. And recognizing that the “cliff” is not coming any time soon.

GOAT

• Like 1

Colston was a converted TE..

I get a kick out of the "They were throwing to guys like Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb and Marques Colston'

:lol: :lol:

Carry on.

How the fock did Eli beat this God twice when it mattered the most?

He pressured Brady a total of 13 times in those 2 times and sacked him twice.

He pressured Brady a total of 13 times in those 2 times and sacked him twice.

And threw one of, if not the, greatest clutch passes with pressure in his face from his own end, in history,They should make a statue of it.

And threw one of, if not the, greatest clutch passes with pressure in his face from his own end, in history,They should make a statue of it.

:lol:

:lol:

''Twas a thing of beauty. Maybe the greatest pass ever.

in the grasp *

I assume HT is talking about the pass to Manningham - and I'm going to give props, that was a great pass. We all know the helmet catch was a pure fluke.

2nd ballot. System QB.

Really depends on when he retires. With a stacked class, I could see it being anywhere from 2-10.

I assume HT is talking about the pass to Manningham - and I'm going to give props, that was a great pass. We all know the helmet catch was a pure fluke.

Nope. Eli wasn't under any pressure

Nope. Eli wasn't under any pressure

I'm thinking you were coked up.

Right on both counts.

I'm think you're being your delusional lying self.

Put down the ya-yo silly.

Put down the ya-yo silly.

keep on keeping on with your lies

keep on keeping on with your lies

I saw a guy in his face in his own end. You didn't?

in his face :lol:

an arm 3 feet away

:clap: :overhead:

I wouldn't call it a fluke. More like a miracle. Eli did keep that play alive before chucking it up there. Sure better catch than throw but not really a fluke imo

Official ruling: No guy in his face. Pressured, but not in his face.

Official ruling: No guy in his face. Pressured, but not in his face.

Pressured by his own lineman

I wouldn't call it a fluke. More like a miracle. Eli did keep that play alive before chucking it up there. Sure better catch than throw but not really a fluke imo

Miracle/Fluke, potato/potahto. Throw it 10 times and it gets complete once.

Miracle/Fluke, potato/potahto. Throw it 10 times and it gets complete once.

still disagree just cause the odds are the same don't make it a fluke. A bounce off someone's helmet and then a catch would be a fluke. Eli being swing around and just heaves up in the air but no idea what direction a fluke. Yeah it was a lucky throw and catch but not a fluke... Just my opinion. Had a house full of Patriot fans that Superbowl... Was so awesome :banana:

Had a house full of Patriot fans that Superbowl... Was so awesome :banana:

Had the one Giants' fan in the state of Montana in my house. Decidedly NOT awesome. :mad: