Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

Carson v. Cohen

A battle of the rookie RBs:

Which would you rather have in a STANDARD league and why so?

Cohen.

I think the messy Rb situation with the Hawks won't work itself out.

I think Cohen simply will get more touches.

Now in a non ppr it's a little closer because of tds, Howard will probably still get those touches.

I like Carson I saw in the preseason what everyone else did, I just think that Carrol thinks he is the smartest man on earth and will make this situation a tough one for us in ff.

• Like 1

Cohen.

I think the messy Rb situation with the Hawks won't work itself out.

I think Cohen simply will get more touches.

Now in a non ppr it's a little closer because of tds, Howard will probably still get those touches.

I like Carson I saw in the preseason what everyone else did, I just think that Carrol thinks he is the smartest man on earth and will make this situation a tough one for us in ff.

I agree but I think it's very close. When Rawls gets injured I think Lacy is the odd man out. He's too slow to create behind that bad line. Carson will be the guy. Point being, I don't think the backfield is actually too messy.

It seems simple to me...

Carson in Standard

Cohen in all PPR formats

This for sure but I think Carson upside could be insane. Cohen to me can't be a bellcow but I think Carson can. Cohen will have some big games but some busy ones as well. When's the last time someone as small as him been a fantasy stud?

Wow, you guys have short memory.

Carson is Rawl 2.0

Rawl had better showing, was in better situation and couldn't done anything.

Give me Cohen all day any day. Howard replaced Langford once he showed he is the better back in Chicago. We didn't need to wait years.

Even if rawls gets hurt again and carson has the backfield to himself with prosise handling 3rd down work, i'd still rather start cohen in either format. I guess I just don't see the love for carson. he's an average talent running behind a below average O-line.

• Like 1

Even if rawls gets hurt again and carson has the backfield to himself with prosise handling 3rd down work, i'd still rather start cohen in either format. I guess I just don't see the love for carson. he's an average talent running behind a below average O-line.

I've never seen him run but apparently he has run well in preseason and the only guy to have success behind that lousy OL. So why can he be successful behind that lousy OL?

I've never seen him run but apparently he has run well in preseason and the only guy to have success behind that lousy OL. So why can he be successful behind that lousy OL?

He did have a good preseason and combine, but he was mediocre in college (i watch a lot of big12) and I wouldn't really call one run of 30 yards success behind that line. The rest were duds.

Basically I'm judging the guy off one small NFL sample size and some college games. Probably not the best call, but hey that's how I see it. I also think Jamaal Charles could have over 1500 yards if CJ Anderson gets hurt, so taking advice from me probably isn't the best!

• Like 1

If you enjoy 5 carries, go Carson. He's a stash and wait, Cohen is a flex starter right now.

Lol Carson was on the field way more than any other RB for Hawks week 1. Rawls is already with the same foot issues that have troubled him his entire career.

Cohen is listed at 5'6" so idk see any scenario where he can be anything more than a scatback, regardless of how Howard plays.

Give me Carson in both formats.

• Like 1

Don't think Cohen could hold his own if he had Hawks o-line to work with.

• Like 1

Lol Carson was on the field way more than any other RB for Hawks week 1. Rawls is already with the same foot issues that have troubled him his entire career.

Cohen is listed at 5'6" so idk see any scenario where he can be anything more than a scatback, regardless of how Howard plays.

I wish I had listened to you.

Yep, Carson is completely the guy there now, I was dead wrong.

Carson wins? Jordan Howard was in a sling after the game.

Cohen is the guy behind an infinitely better line.

He's also going to lead the team in receptions. But I guess that's not worth anything suddenly?

• Like 1

He's also going to lead the team in receptions. But I guess that's not worth anything suddenly?

The big problem with Cohen is if you play in a standard league. Those 8 dumpoffs get you zilch, as it should be. So basically he is a 5-8 guy most games.

just made that chit up...

stop doing that.

Well, good luck guys, I hope Carson is not Rawl 2.0. I remember the excitement in the exact same situation.

I still rather have Cohen. He is a better back in a better situation. I don't know why people keep brining up he is tiny. He is small, but he is awesome because he is small. If that's the only thing you can list as his weakness, you know he is the running back to pick.

Well, good luck guys, I hope Carson is not Rawl 2.0. I remember the excitement in the exact same situation.

I still rather have Cohen. He is a better back in a better situation. I don't know why people keep brining up he is tiny. He is small, but he is awesome because he is small. If that's the only thing you can list as his weakness, you know he is the running back to pick.

Agreed. He's short but weighs 190. All muscle. Meaning, dude is a mini tank.

Fake news. He's 189.

Honestly, doesn't matter. Dude is thick.

umm.. :shocking:

Cohen had a great game but to my point last week, even with opportunity rearing its head like now with Howard hurt, I don't think Cohen can be the guy to tote the rock he's too small. I think 15 touches per game is his ceiling with or without Howard.

And to play devils advocate to myself, Chris Carson has had injury issues all through out his college career and if you watch his running style, it's only a matter of time :(

Cohen had a great game but to my point last week, even with opportunity rearing its head like now with Howard hurt, I don't think Cohen can be the guy to tote the rock he's too small. I think 15 touches per game is his ceiling with or without Howard.

And to play devils advocate to myself, Chris Carson has had injury issues all through out his college career and if you watch his running style, it's only a matter of time :(

15 touches comes out to 240 for the year.

That's plenty...the average RB2 backs average about 200-280 touches.

So about 80-100 yards, 6-7 reception and sprinkle in a TD here and there...and BAM! That's RB2.

15 touches comes out to 240 for the year.

That's plenty...the average RB2 backs average about 200-280 touches.

So about 80-100 yards, 6-7 reception and sprinkle in a TD here and there...and BAM! That's RB2.

I think you skipped over the word "CEILING"

He's not going to get 15 per game. That's best case scenario in my opinion from week to week. That makes him Theo Riddick and Chris Thompson. AKA a headache.

So, here I am again........and the same question presents itself.....who is more valuable (can get me more points)....Cohen or Carson?

It seems to me there is no one right answer......you just take a chance and hope for the best. I could draft Carson but if I do, I have to let Cohen go. I can't own them both. So, I have one more night to ponder this all, just as I did last Tuesday night.

Yes, I do love this stuff....as I know you do as well.

Ppr league I really like Cohen more.

So, here I am again........and the same question presents itself.....who is more valuable (can get me more points)....Cohen or Carson?

It seems to me there is no one right answer......you just take a chance and hope for the best. I could draft Carson but if I do, I have to let Cohen go. I can't own them both. So, I have one more night to ponder this all, just as I did last Tuesday night.

Yes, I do love this stuff....as I know you do as well.

The right answer will be revealed at the end of the year when the numbers are in.

I think you skipped over the word "CEILING"

He's not going to get 15 per game. That's best case scenario in my opinion from week to week. That makes him Theo Riddick and Chris Thompson. AKA a headache.

Got 13 in week one

Got 15 in week two

I say he gets 20 in week three *Howard is hurt*