Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Name your top 3 beers

Dogfish Head's 90 Minute IPA

Founder's seasonal Backwoods Bastard

Miller Lite :dunno:

Backwoods is so much better thank CBS and kbs

Backwoods is so much better thank CBS and kbs

Yeah, I always look for it around this time of year. I found 1 store near me that brought some in. When my GF and I travel around we always keep an eye out for local breweries. I really want to get over to Founders but there is just no other reason to go to that location that I know of.

I like this one.

Dogfish Head makes a 120 Minute IPA -

This is the "Holy Grail for hopheads" - I happened upon it while in a local liquor store in Detroit when I was traveling there for work.

They kept it behind the counter so people couldn't steal it. Costly for a beer but I had to try. Pretty tasty.

Drink at home when you don't have to go out and drive. 15 - 20% ABV

what happened to the "Name Your Top 3 Queers" thread? :dunno:

This is the "Holy Grail for hopheads" - I happened upon it while in a local liquor store in Detroit when I was traveling there for work.

They kept it behind the counter so people couldn't steal it. Costly for a beer but I had to try. Pretty tasty.

Ive seen it - too much alcohol content for me.

I live their Namaste White. Excellent spring / summertime beer.

+1

If you want to try new beers, but don't like bitter/hoppy, stick with Belgium, Germany and England.

Ommegang Abbey is my favorite of the beers on your OP. The Chimay Red would be similar, if you can't find the Ommegang. The Rochefort Trappistes 8 is my personal favorite of the Belgium Abbey/Double style.

My favorite beer rigt now is the Tripel Karmeliet. It's fruity and aromatic, with really nice floral notes. The mix of 3 grains gives it a real unique flavor.

Clausthaler

St. Pauli N.A

O’Douls Amber

:cry:

• Like 1

anything over like ~8% and it starts rooning it for me. there's some breweries around my area now that blow dogfish away :headbanger:

anything over like ~8% and it starts rooning it for me. there's some breweries around my area now that blow dogfish away :headbanger:

That's not saying much

Probably not. Unless you like your beer tasting like fruit punch. But there's nothing wrong with beer drinkers who prefer the taste of wine coolers labeled as beer. I guess...

I think it's fairly obvious so much of this is marketing. Suckers.

Name the commercials and major ads you have seen around these beers? I see more bud and miller lite myself.

Beer geeks actually have to go out and look for beers they may like.

• Like 1

Name the commercials and major ads you have seen around these beers? I see more bud and miller lite myself.

Beer geeks actually have to go out and look for beers they may like.

"Fat tire" . Marketing.

"Fat tire" . Marketing.

Is Fat Tire all over the posts here? Give me a Founders Backwoods Bastard or Dogfish Head commercial. One that is mass marketed.

Or, are you saying if someone buys or likes a product that is marketed, they are a "suckers"?

Are you speaking to the catchy names of these beers? Yes, it gets a little out of hand, but there are soooo many different types that "normal" names are going to run out. I do think the beer descriptions are pointless and rarely have anything to do with the beer itself

"Fat tire" . Marketing.

Not a fan of Fat Tire -- just not an amber fan -- but I can't really recall any marketing. Unlike the mass produced beers that need frogs, catch phrases (WASSSUUUPPPP???, Dilly dilly), and horses playing football. I do like the current Bud Light commercials though.

Not a fan of Fat Tire -- just not an amber fan -- but I can't really recall any marketing. Unlike the mass produced beers that need frogs, catch phrases (WASSSUUUPPPP???, Dilly dilly), and horses playing football. I do like the current Bud Light commercials though.

Yeah, I think he's regretting that post. It doesn't make sense.

Probably not. Unless you like your beer tasting like fruit punch. But there's nothing wrong with beer drinkers who prefer the taste of wine coolers labeled as beer. I guess...

so any beer under 8% is fruit punch? actually wtf are you talking about? 🙄

what happened to the "Name Your Top 3 Queers" thread? :dunno:

MDC

Sux

Gypsy

Yeah, I think he's regretting that post. It doesn't make sense.

No im not. The older beers didn't come out of the gates with a gimmick. That evolved over time. These hipster beers come right out of the gate with the stupid names. Like grey goose vodka, they designed the package before they made the beer.

No im not. The older beers didn't come out of the gates with a gimmick. That evolved over time. These hipster beers come right out of the gate with the stupid names. Like grey goose vodka, they designed the package before they made the beer.

U r trying way too hard to hate on something that has become popular

I can't speak to vodka brands, but I can definitively tell the difference in many different types of beer including the breweries at times.

Erdinger Dunkel

Yuenling Black and Tan

If I am out with a limited choice then Amstel or Heineken light

U r trying way too hard to hate on something that has become popular

Yeah, I'm really breaking my ass here.

My favorite craft brewery is 30 years old,if you have three minutes please watch this and let me know if your opinion has changed any.

My favorite craft brewery is 30 years old,if you have three minutes please watch this and let me know if your opinion has changed any.

I'm just saying, a lot of these micro-brews are gimmicks. Some of them are even owned by the big boys. If you like it, great. But when a market gets flooded all at once with new product, most of them are going to suck. They have to distinguish themselves with a catchy name to stand out. Marketing. If these people were making beer 30 years ago they don't fit the category.

Had a delicious blood orange heff at a bar the other day. Called SLO Cali somethin. I like shock top, tecate light and Newcastle.

#1 https://www.bellsbeer.com/beer/year-round/two-hearted-ale Two Hearted Ale

#2 http://www.hsbeer.com/brews/brew/VVN0LCgAANCifddJ Loose Cannon by Heavy Seas

#3 https://terrapinbeer.com/ The Hopsecutioner is a slap to your face

You're a Baltimore guy right? I love Heavy Seas Citri cannon. Flying in there 8n 2 weeks

So many good beers, it is a matter of taste... and experience. 5-ish years ago I worked at a place near the Phoenix Ale Brewery. We went there for celebrations, people leaving, whatever. The head brewer plays FF and we got to be friends. I have a very positive memory of the place. And the beer is in my wheelhouse as far as taste.

http://phoenixale.com/beer/

Their Camelback IPA is the most commercially successful beer, but my personal favorites are the Orange Peel IPA and Ironwood Porter.

You probably can't buy them so...

Also the founder, George Hancock, passed away a few years ago from cancer. George moved to Seattle from Scotland and founded Pyramid Brewery, which was fairly successful and went public. He then moved to Phoenix and was very involved in the local brewing leadership. The brewer came up with King George Amber which I haven't tasted but, given my relationship, I'll add this as my third. :cheers:

You're a Baltimore guy right? I love Heavy Seas Citri cannon. Flying in there 8n 2 weeks

A little bit, more of an Annapolis guy, you mean the Tropicannon and yes it is delicious. If you have the time, visit the brewery over in Catonsville, its a fantastic setup with a bar inside, food and stuff outside, even stuff for the kids....and Guinness just setup shop down the street from them as well......breakfast beer....

Pipe dream brewery near me has a peanutbutter chocolate stout that could end wars🤟