Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

White House revokes CNN's Jim Acosta's press credentials

I will give this a B-, with the best part being the ducking.....and the accuracy.

I am surprised they get away with maligning a young woman like that....

I am surprised they get away with maligning a young woman like that....

You are the one always posting about the Social Justice War, right?

If so....and if some on the left go too far in terms of seeking social justice.....then if you go too far in claiming everyone in every situation that leans left is only capable of seeing things in terms of your Social Justice War.....well besides a pot/kettle situation, surely you see how your ridiculous reaction will just invite another ridiculous reaction, right?

If so....and if some on the left go too far in terms of seeking social justice.....then if you go too far in claiming everyone in every situation that leans left is only capable of seeing things in terms of your Social Justice War.....well besides a pot/kettle situation, surely you see how your ridiculous reaction will just invite another ridiculous reaction, right?

its warrior not war and you're one of them and you should be ashamed

HTH

I am more interested in the disparity, which is the key failure of the SJW sect, they want to impugn people they disagreed with politically, but give free rides to those who might been seen as supportive of their ideology, and I rather enjoy pointing this out, perhaps their perceived moral high ground is selective....right?

• Like 1

its warrior not war and you're one of them and you should be ashamed

HTH

You dont read the posts i make on this message board. So why do you even have a view where I am concerned?

You dont read the posts i make on this message board. So why do you even have a view where I am concerned?

Like the droogs in A Clockwork Orange, Team Red can only communicate with the approved derisive jargon.

too funny. Now the White House admits to speeding up the tape. But kellyanne Conway comes out and says they do it in sports all the time!

it's not just that they lie, it's that they are so incompetent about it.

I am more interested in the disparity, which is the key failure of the SJW sect, they want to impugn people they disagreed with politically, but give free rides to those who might been seen as supportive of their ideology, and I rather enjoy pointing this out, perhaps their perceived moral high ground is selective....right?

I guess I dont folllow it enough to know what all social justice wars Cecily Strong has come out on. Was it a non legit sexual assault claim or a shooting that people shouldnt be upset about that put Cecily Strong in your crosshairs, or what? Fill me in and maybe Ill come to your side and agree she shouldnt be doing skits like this.

too funny. Now the White House admits to speeding up the tape. But kellyanne Conway comes out and says they do it in sports all the time!

it's not just that they lie, it's that they are so ###### incompetent about it.

Conway was clear that when they altered the speed of the tape, they werent altering the tape. They were just altering the speed, like in sports.

I guess I dont folllow it enough to know what all social justice wars Cecily Strong has come out on. Was it a non legit sexual assault claim or a shooting that people shouldnt be upset about that put Cecily Strong in your crosshairs, or what? Fill me in and maybe Ill come to your side and agree she shouldnt be doing skits like this.

Not sure about Cecily Strong, but her caricature seemed to really get after the young lady, when the SJW's allow some folks to make fun, but others not so much, they lose some credibility, they are way to quick to turn on their own

Even Fox News is bustin KellyAnne on this one. Lol

"You can clearly see there is a five minute delay between JFK being shot and Senator Connally being shot. Clearly there must be two different shooters."

"Oh, you slowed the bullet down to the point that it's not even moving for a while, then sped it back up."

"But we in no way altered that film!"

Good Lord...😁

Not sure about Cecily Strong, but her caricature seemed to really get after the young lady, when the SJW's allow some folks to make fun, but others not so much, they lose some credibility, they are way to quick to turn on their own

So because you believe there are people in the world that are too obsessed with social justice...you are going to call into question someone that has no known SJW history for making a joke at the expense of a female....and you are going to wonder aloud why the people that offend you by getting upset about things arent offending you by getting upset about this.

It just doesnt seem productive in any way, in my opinion

It's not politically incorrect to mock who a SJW would, which is anyone they figure is idealogically different. It is politically incorrect to offend them though. If someone finds that dynamic worth noting and laying out for what it is, I imagine it's not the smaller picture of who the players are who are playing it out that is of interest. It's commentary on which idealogy holds power.

So because you believe there are people in the world that are too obsessed with social justice...you are going to call into question someone that has no known SJW history for making a joke at the expense of a female....and you are going to wonder aloud why the people that offend you by getting upset about things arent offending you by getting upset about this.

It just doesnt seem productive in any way, in my opinion

I am not calling anyone out.

I am calling out the ideology that would be inclined to attack the "right" people, and normally a female is the "right" person, but in this instance because of proximity to Trump the flimsy morality of leftists is again on display, not just from SNL, but across the board, SNL just took something and exaggerated it to suggest something that sorta made it not as funny as it could have been

I am calling out the ideology that would be inclined to attack the "right" people, and normally a female is the "right" person, but in this instance because of proximity to Trump the flimsy morality of leftists is again on display, not just from SNL, but across the board, SNL just took something and exaggerated it to suggest something that sorta made it not as funny as it could have been

Yeah, it sounds like you are looking really hard for something to be upset about.

CNN said it filed a lawsuit against President Trump and his administration that seeks to reinstate the credentials of Jim Acosta, the cable news channel correspondent who was banned from the White House after clashing with the president during a press conference last week.

“The wrongful revocation of these credentials violates CNN and Acosta’s First Amendment rights of freedom of the press, and their Fifth Amendment rights to due process,” CNN said in a statement.

:clap:

Ummmmmm, yeah. Jim Acosta can report - print - say anything he wants. He is not being muted as a person or as a member of the press. He simply isn't invited anymore into the White House for press briefings (a privilege). CNN is free to send anyone else they want from their station.

:doh:

The wrongful revocation of these credentials violates CNN and Acostas First Amendment rights of freedom of the press, and their Fifth Amendment rights to due process, CNN said in a statement.

fake news much?

LOL, fear not, there are people here who see that you're pointing out the double standard.

ummmmmm, yeah. Jim Acosta can report - print - say anything he wants. He is not being muted as a person or as a member of the press. He simply isn't invited anymore into the White House for press briefings (a privilege). CNN is free to send anyone else they want from their station.

I am uncertain that he is even banned. We know he had his "hard pass" revoked, which gives quicker access to the WH. He may still have access.

This lawsuit is more of CNN getting free pub in it's war against Trump.

• Like 1

Ummmmmm, yeah. Jim Acosta can report - print - say anything he wants. He is not being muted as a person or as a member of the press. He simply isn't invited anymore into the White House for press briefings (a privilege). CNN is free to send anyone else they want from their station.

I'm a journalist. I mean, I post on this site. I should have my first amendment rights too and be in the White House briefings.

I am uncertain that he is even banned. We know he had his "hard pass" revoked, which gives quicker access to the WH. He may still have access.

CNN is funny in a way.....the set out to hardcore take Trump down during the primaries, and I think their inability to take him down sorta pissed them off a bit, so they went harder.....and it STILL did not work, so they went even harder and gave up all pretense of journalistic integrity.

For CNN, now, its personal in every possible way. The inability to take down a candidate is so intolerable that they just fall all over themselves daily, they are absolutely dedicated and devote solely to the destruction of Trump, and yet he prevails.

It is has entertaining at times, but the more they do and the farther they go the more sinister it appears.

• Like 1

I was just logging in...to post this exact sentiment.

CNN's daily headlines...are basically calling for a fight. But what are they gonna do when they get the fight they are asking for? Do they think MS-13, the muslims and the rest of lefties they have backing them are gonna be of any help?

Trump was trying to deflect from the losses of the election. This hasn't been done before. WH keeps changing its story. Their'tape gate' failed.

Hard to think CNN forced Trump to restrict access - esp when it was a surprise to them. - and Trump is now threatening to do others, so that kills tapegate too.

And now CNN is suing.

Still, Acosta AND Trump should stfup and grow up.

CNN's daily headlines...are basically calling for a fight. But what are they gonna do when they get the fight they are asking for? Do they think MS-13, the muslims and the rest of lefties they have backing them are gonna be of any help?

That too is part of the irony, the hilarity, most of the groups CNN likes to trot out to show their higher moral place would love to slit their throats, very strange....

Serious question but is Acosta the first reporter banned? I know Nixon wanted to ban the entire WAPOST staff.....But hasn't there been reporters banned before?

Also, I'm not sure I read it here....but I think it would be a million times better if they put him in the back of the room and Trump just never ever called on him and ignored him constantly.

Serious question but is Acosta the first reporter banned? I know Nixon wanted to ban the entire WAPOST staff.....But hasn't there been reporters banned before?

Also, I'm not sure I read it here....but I think it would be a million times better if they put him in the back of the room and Trump just never ever called on him and ignored him constantly.

Great question, I would like to know the answer to that as well....who and why it was done in the past. :thumbsup:

Great question, I would like to know the answer to that as well....who and why it was done in the past. :thumbsup:

I used the google machine and all I got was links to the Acosta thing and I got tired of looking further. I'm lazy

I used the google machine and all I got was links to the Acosta thing and I got tired of looking further. I'm lazy

#Metoo

There was complaining when Obama would not allow some press into certain events or he would kick someone off Airforce one for "space" reasons. I read a quote from the guy who is head of the Press group that has to vet everyone first and he had never seen it before and had no record of it happening since they started things in 1914. :dunno:

Same. I am hoping someone else does it for me ^_^

One search and 2 seconds later:

George Condon, a longtime White House reporter and former President of the White House Correspondent's Association said he knows of "no instance of any newspaper having its [White House] credentials pulled" since the correspondents' association was founded in 1914, according to Smithsonian.com.

But just because the White House historically hasn't made a habit of revoking hard press passes, it doesn't mean presidents and their administration haven't banned media outlets from events and press briefings.

In 2008, President Barack Obama booted three reporters from conservative newspapers off his campaign plane.

The campaign claimed there were only a limited number of seats on the plane for reporters, who would follow the then-candidate on the last four days of his presidential campaign.

Obama's camp didn't allow The Washington Times, the New York Post or the Dallas Morning News on the plane but allowed non-political media outlets such as Glamour and Ebony magazines to stay.

The three barred media outlets called foul play, but Obama's campaign responded by saying they allowed other media outlets, such as Fox News and The Wall Street Journal to stay, even though they'd been critical of Obama.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/trump-not-the-only-president-to-ban-media-outlets-from-the-white-house/103-414543179

There is absolutely no way CNN ultimately prevails in their lawsuit. This is not a 1st Amendment issue. However, I fully expect them to judge shop and find the looniest liberal judge who will make up a reason for the lawsuit to proceed until saner and more logical minds squash it.

it's not just that they lie, it's that they are so ###### incompetent about it.

Nobody gives a fock about the tape and if it was sped up or slowed down.

Go watch every other tape out there, he makes contact with her arm. Or in the words of the sky screamers, he literally assault raped her.

You can harp about some irrelevant detail that nobody outside of CNNPC, MSNPC, and their bots cares about all you want, that is merely a distraction for useful idiots from what actually happened AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE.

Maybe if Acosta were to apologize for being a white patriarch who physically intimidated the poor little woman? Maybe then they can settle this?

One search and 2 seconds later:

George Condon, a longtime White House reporter and former President of the White House Correspondent's Association said he knows of "no instance of any newspaper having its [White House] credentials pulled" since the correspondents' association was founded in 1914, according to Smithsonian.com.

But just because the White House historically hasn't made a habit of revoking hard press passes, it doesn't mean presidents and their administration haven't banned media outlets from events and press briefings.

In 2008, President Barack Obama booted three reporters from conservative newspapers off his campaign plane.

The campaign claimed there were only a limited number of seats on the plane for reporters, who would follow the then-candidate on the last four days of his presidential campaign.

Obama's camp didn't allow The Washington Times, the New York Post or the Dallas Morning News on the plane but allowed non-political media outlets such as Glamour and Ebony magazines to stay.

The three barred media outlets called foul play, but Obama's campaign responded by saying they allowed other media outlets, such as Fox News and The Wall Street Journal to stay, even though they'd been critical of Obama.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/trump-not-the-only-president-to-ban-media-outlets-from-the-white-house/103-414543179

So this is one more example of the lunatics on the left not giving a fock about "freedom of the press" until Orange Man Bad kicked out a troll.