Sign in to follow this  
ICEMAN

Patriots next steps in Free Agency

Do any other Pats fans feel that they need to more before the draft? I'd sure like to see them shore-up that O-Line with Brian De La Puente and I think that Shaun Phillips would be well worth the money as well. This far into Free Agency, these guys should come on the cheap and would let the Pats focus on the D-Line, OLB and TE depth needs in the draft.

ICEMAN

They need help on both lines. I expect them to focus on that in the draft, also another TE.

I do think they'll add a veteran o-lineman though

I think that they currently have $5m in cap space and will need about $3m to sign rookies, depending on what they do. Since they like to have at least $2M in cap going into the season in case they have injuries and need veterans to fill key roster spots, they aren't going to do squat unless they make some changes to some contracts.

Big question is at center, though. They may think that Connolly can handle it and skip Brian De La Puente. Or they could redo Connolly and see if they can have both.

Wilfork's contract needs some work before they sign anyone of significance since he is taking up $11.5M.

• Like 1

I think that they currently have $5m in cap space and will need about $3m to sign rookies, depending on what they do. Since they like to have at least $2M in cap going into the season in case they have injuries and need veterans to fill key roster spots, they aren't going to do squat unless they make some changes to some contracts.

Big question is at center, though. They may think that Connolly can handle it and skip Brian De La Puente. Or they could redo Connolly and see if they can have both.

Wilfork's contract needs some work before they sign anyone of significance since he is taking up $11.5M.

They're going to get Wilfork's cap number down one way or the other. There are a few other moves they can make to free up space, i.e. likely cutting Adrian Wilson.

But yeah, I think the big splashes are done. Maybe resign Blount and an inexpensive o-lineman.

Bears signed C Brian De La Puente to a one-year contract.

The deal contains $165,000 guaranteed.

This just pisses me off.

ICEMAN

Is that good news for the bears? Garza is getting older so they do need a replacement. I dont know much about la puente