Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

++ UPDATE: Chris Johnson Agrees with Jets

I am a little bias because I drafted CJ as a rookie and kept him as a keeper until a couple of years ago. I think he still has a lot of burst and hasn't been beat up like most with that many carry's . If he can get on a team with a running QB like Vince Young was... he should be money again. I am surprised SEA and SF aren't fighting over him. I am a Cowboy fan and hope he doesn't end up on one of the other NFC E teams.

I am a little bias because I drafted CJ as a rookie and kept him as a keeper until a couple of years ago. I think he still has a lot of burst and hasn't been beat up like most with that many carry's . If he can get on a team with a running QB like Vince Young was... he should be money again. I am surprised SEA and SF aren't fighting over him. I am a Cowboy fan and hope he doesn't end up on one of the other NFC E teams.

Don't Sea and SF have at least three guys each who are all solid RBs? Gore/Hunter/Lattimore and Lynch/Whatshisface/Michael. Those are the last two places he'd wind up.

all those RB's aren't a CJ type... They have a QB that can do that simple QB option like Vince Young did.... it was deadly

What about the Jets? They badly need weapons, don't have much at WR but they have two mobile QBs. CJ is still and excellent receiver out of the backfield and he won't cost much.

raiders . they seem to always land with the raiders . and heck they gave up on there best rb from last season = jennings . and the dolphins they could use his rec skills . and the saints can you just see him on that carpet in the open field taking a pass from bress. the falcons he would be a upgrade over 3.4 per rush sjackson.

the cards also . i can see him with the colts again with his rec skills .i know they have trich . but jim brown was right . thats my short list

Jets have been mentioned. Maybe compete with the young poo in Miami or Arizona or St. Louis or Denver (or-cough-Indy).

Jets have been mentioned. Maybe compete with the young poo in Miami or Arizona or St. Louis or Denver (or-cough-Indy).

TRich / CJ RBBC :lol:

RB's market is not good. Every team pretty much wait on RBs. Do your guys think he will be signed before the NFL draft?

He is from Florida. Tampa and Jacksonville seem like candidates.

I dont know why that would have much impact on where he goes. Whoever is offering the most cash is where he will end up.

all those RB's aren't a CJ type... They have a QB that can do that simple QB option like Vince Young did.... it was deadly

you, my good man, are not the brightest brady in the bunch. I think you know that though, which is half the battle. Good on you for forcing these discussions, they really do add a lot of value. Yes Seattle and SF should be fighting over this. Hell if I was the seahawks, I'd go and shoot Lynch in the back of the head and put the other two on the streets working their bodies, just so I can make room for CJ. That's what I'd do...

Hey thanks for the insults, I do know what I am talking about. I am not suggesting CJ as a starter for either team. He just has break away speed, good hands and would be a great change of pace back at the least. After reading your comments again I come to the conclusion that you are either 12 years old or just a tard

Hey thanks for the insults, I do know what I am talking about. I am not suggesting CJ as a starter for either team. He just has break away speed, good hands and would be a great change of pace back at the least. After reading your comments again I come to the conclusion that you are either 12 years old or just a tard

yes you seem very knowledgeable. You are highly educated about the fact that there are finite number of roster spots for each team. And also very cognizant about the fact that there's a salary cap that each team must abide by. So yes, teams STACKED at rb, with more than 2 viable rbs on their teams, including incredible speedsters significantly younger and with less tread than CJ, would be the best fit for CJ. Those teams are as dumb as can be not chasing after him. He's the missing piece to their championship runs for sure. For years to come no less!

Hey maybe The cowboys will cut all their qbs and turn CJ into their starter. Can't go wrong with speed like that in the backfield!

boggles my mind the nonsense that comes out of your keyboard, just for the sake of writing something and garnering attention...and somehow people actually respond to this nonsense...amazing this internet thing...

If the Jets could land DJAX too they could quietly out of know where have an explosive offense

Agreed when I heard CJ was getting traded/cut the Jets were the first team that I thought of.

• Like 1

Man why are you even commenting on this thread, I am just having fun. I don't think anyone shares your stupid lack of knowledge. If you think teams only need 2 RB's you are high.... CJ isn't your normal RB and could help a team. More than likely you could get him cheap on a one year deal with incentives... based on health and performance. He could be excellent in a Sproles roll... You big DUMMIE

There hasn't been any talk of this but to me CJ would be a fantastic fit in Denver. I think he could do more things in that offense than Moreno. CJ is a good blocker and is plus in the screen game. He doesn't fumble the ball. Going against a 6 man front he has the ability to get past the first level and house it on any run. With

Denver has a relatively small window at a championship. I know that they like Ball and Anderson behind him, but if I was going all in CJ could be the missing piece in that offense.

• Like 1

There hasn't been any talk of this but to me CJ would be a fantastic fit in Denver. I think he could do more things in that offense than Moreno. CJ is a good blocker and is plus in the screen game. He doesn't fumble the ball. Going against a 6 man front he has the ability to get past the first level and house it on any run. With

Denver has a relatively small window at a championship. I know that they like Ball and Anderson behind him, but if I was going all in CJ could be the missing piece in that offense.

Can they afford him? Ball owners would be devistated.

I don't think he would be a good fit in Denver. That offense is not looking for a home run hitter at RB. They want the kind of guy that can reliably bang out 4 or 5 yards, and that isn't Chris Johnson.

Worms CJ has a career ypc of a lil more than 4. Sure he dances and gets stuffed, but I don't think he's in the game when DEN needs to bang out 4 or 5. That's Ball all the way. CJ is in on 3rd and obvious passing downs much like Moreno was last year. Hard to trust that 2nd year rb with Peyton, and Fox has a history of going veterans over young players.

What NFL offense does not look for big play talent?

Nice selective editing there. The point is CJ is the kind of runner who often takes losses in the hopes of breaking a big one. That style of running does not fit what Denver does offensively.

The point is CJ is the kind of runner who often takes losses in the hopes of breaking a big one.

What runner in the NFL doesn't hope to break the big one? Denver's offense doesn't require players with big play ability? I don't get it.

To me moreno was a perfect fit for this offense. A work hard grind it out every play type of rb with good hands. Ball is that type of rb except i am unsure of his pass catching ability.

I think CJ would be a great addition but unless hes willing to take the vet minimum i dont see how denver signs him.

Maybe what denver needs is a qb who doesnt have a noodle for an arm? Denver can run a two qb offense where peyton stands next to the qb behind center and tells him where to throw. Peyton can still do his pre snap stuff and all.

What runner in the NFL doesn't hope to break the big one? Denver's offense doesn't require players with big play ability? I don't get it.

Clearly you don't.

Let's look at these different hypothetical lists of yardage gains per run:

Player 1: 1, 0, 2, 0, -3, 30

Player 2: 5, 4, 6, 5, 7, 3

Both add up to 5 yards per carry, but Player 1 caused you a few three and outs before ripping off a big play while Player 2 steadily moved your offense down the field.

Broncos hate three and outs.

As a Jets fan I'd be ok adding him on a short prove it contract.

We have a great line and he'd be a nice change of pace behind Ivory.

As a Jets fan I'd be ok adding him on a short prove it contract.

We have a great line and he'd be a nice change of pace behind Ivory.

Ivory would be ahead of Johnson? I don't see that happening.

Hmm, as opposed to other teams that like three and outs?

Some teams are big play offenses. They don't LIKE three and outs but if they hit enough home runs then they'll take the occasional dud. That is not Denver's offensive philosophy. HTH

Ivory would be ahead of Johnson? I don't see that happening.

It might be a 1.a 1.b situation and they would prob rotate...with Johnson getting more 3rd down work.

As an aside I don't think CJ is going to find a true starter situation and going to the run heavy jets behind a solid line might be his best move for production.

I'd be interested to see what Johnson's true 40 time is today, as I think he has lost a step.

Or two.

Broncos hate three and outs.

What teams don't hate three and outs?

And with the example you provided, I will take the guy who can go 30, and score from anywhere on the field, anytime.

I will stop now, as you don't see my point. Philosophies do not differ from team to team. The Jaguars, Broncos, Giants all want to do the same thing... Score points, win games. What is different is talent pool, and style of offense. For instance, a team that runs out of a pistol may require a more mobile QB than a pure pocket passer; however, when you want to compare big play potential vs. the 4/5 yd every carry bell cow, I just don't get it. Some suggest a player like CJ may take 3 negative runs, before he goes for 30. Okay. But who are we comparing him to? What player runs for 3-7 yds EVERY carry. No one. If that were the case, that player would get the ball every situation, every down time permitting. That team would score everytime. Even players like Eddie George (who had a long successful career but I think YPC was around 4 or even less), took a fair share of negative/no gain plays. From a non fantasy perspective, I would still take guys perhaps smaller and faster that can go the distance every time ie) Faulk, Barry, D Mart

I'd be interested to see what Johnson's true 40 time is today, as I think he has lost a step.

Or two.

This. Has anyone excited about Johnson actually watched him play the last couple years? He didn't hit any "homeruns" last year. Only 5 runs of 20+ yds and none over 40. MJD, Stacy and Moreno all had same amount of 20+ runs.

And if you look at any of the advanced stats of missed tackles, elusiveness ratings stuff, Johnson is among the worst.

He is not the guy he once was by a long shot.

This. Has anyone excited about Johnson actually watched him play the last couple years? He didn't hit any "homeruns" last year. Only 5 runs of 20+ yds and none over 40. MJD, Stacy and Moreno all had same amount of 20+ runs.

To be fair, he took a screen pass over 60 for a score last season and also had a run over 70 in the preseason. I am not disputing he has lost a step, and not even really a fan but do think he can still be productive in the league.

I'd like him to land in Oakland so the 3-headed monster can battle it out! DMC, CJ, and MJD!