Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Redskins at Titans: In-Game Discussion

Inactives

Redskins: QB Colt McCoy, WR Maurice Harris, RB Samaje Perine, OG Tony Bergstrom, OT Ty Nsekhe, TE Vernon Davis, TE Jordan Reed

Titans: TE Cole Wick, OLB Sharif Finch, OLB Brian Orakpo, DL Matt Dickerson, OL Tyler Marz, OL Aaron Stinnie, CB Kenneth Durden

Adrian Peterson just went over 1,000 yards for the season. That is awesome at this stage of his career. Congrats ADP :first:

If Josh Johnson leads Washington to a comeback victory, he'll become my new favorite player for at least 2 weeks.

Adrian Peterson just went over 1,000 yards for the season. That is awesome at this stage of his career. Congrats ADP :first:

Agree. As a Packers fan he terrified me for a few years. Im not sure where i rank him but it is high.

Why do teams, like the Titans here, run the clock down and then call time out to avoid the delay of game? They stop the clock to kick. They punt and the ball is fair caught and no clock runs. Had they not called time out and punted, at least another 5 seconds or more would have run. Probably even 10s.

Everyone does this, but I don't get it.

I think you're wrong about no clock running when they punt. When you snap the ball for the punt, the clock should start.

Yeah, in fact, I just went back to punt. They snapped it at 20 seconds and it landed out of bounds at 14 seconds.

Why do teams, like the Titans here, run the clock down and then call time out to avoid the delay of game? They stop the clock to kick. They punt and the ball is fair caught and no clock runs. Had they not called time out and punted, at least another 5 seconds or more would have run. Probably even 10s.

Everyone does this, but I don't get it.

1, maybe 2 seconds. The clock starts with the snap for the punt. And the time out is to ensure everyone knows what they're supposed to do.

I guaren-damn-tee someone's championship game is going to be affected by that TD.

Not to mention the over/under changed on that play I believe (38)

Oh Josh

I'll have to take another look, but, that int looked like a combination of a possible bad throw and the wr slowing down on his route. I could be wrong.

I'll have to take another look, but, that int looked like a combination of a possible bad throw and the wr slowing down on his route. I could be wrong.

It was supposed to be to Josh Doctson, so I can see him screwing up. As a Doctson dynasty investor, I've been watching him be terrible for years.