Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

Official FFT Rookie Mock Draft

I'll start off with a easy one.. almost as surefire a rookie mock draft pick as I have ever made...

1.01 - Indy selects: Andrew Luck QB, Stanford

1.02 - Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

1.03 - Minnesota: Matt Kalil, OT, US

1.04 - Cleveland: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

1:05 - Tampa Bay: Morris Claiborne CB LSU

1:06 - Rams: Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame

1.07 - Jaguars: WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma StatE

1.08 - Dolphins: DE Quinton Coples North Carolina

1.09 - Panthers: DT Fletcher Cox, Miss. St

1.10 - Buffalo Bills: Riley Reiff, OT

1.11 - Chiefs: Ryan Tanhill QB, Texas A&M

1.12 - Seahawks: Luke Kuechley, LB

1.13 - Cardinals: David DeCastro, G, Stanford

1.14 - Dallas: Mark Barron, S, Alabama

1.15 - Eagles: Melvin Ingram DE, South Carolina

1.16 - Jets: Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama

1.17 - Bengals - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

1.18 - Chargers: LSU DT Michael Brockers

1.19 - Bears - Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford

1.20 - Titans - CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama

1.21 - Bengals - WR Kendall Wright, Baylor

1.22 - Browns - WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech

1.23 - Lions - Mike Adams OT

1.24 - Steelers - Kevin Zeitler OG - Wisconsin

1.25 - Broncos - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

1.26 - Texans - Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB, Illinois

1.27 - Patriots - Shea McLellin OLB Boise State

1.28 - Packers - Chandler Jones De/OLB Syracuse

1.29 - Ravens - Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama

1.30 - 49ers - Cordy Glenn, OT/G, Georgia

1.31 - Patriots - Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame

1.32 - Giants - Doug Martin, RB Boise State

1.02 - Redskins select: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

1.03 Minnesota selects: Matt Kalil, OT, US

If they were smart. It will probably be Blackmon...

Do you really think they will take Floyd over Blackmon?

Yes. Better pro prospect

1.07 Jaguars select: WR Justin Blackmon (Oklahoma State)

[Not sure if there are any Jags' fans on the bored; so, to keep this thing from stalling out, I'll make the pick as a frequent AFC South viewer with some familiarity of the Jags. Right now, the Jags DEF is quietly becoming pretty good. With this 1st pick, I think they look at either OL or WR -- either of which should help young QB Blaine Gabbert, who didn't look very good last year but who the organization has a lot invested in. Since Blackmon is still on the board in this scenario, he's the obvious pick here, with the Jags hoping they can grab an OT in the 2nd or 3rd Round. The combo of Justin Blackmon, Laurent Robinson, and Mike Thomas gives Gabbert some nice receiving options.]

My gut says the Bills really want a WR and although I don't know anything about Reiff's chances, I hope Floyd and Blackmon ARE gone by this pick so the Bills don't take a WR in rd 1. However I think someone will trade with Jacksonville, that pick will be Tannenhill, and the Bills will end up with whichever of the 2 WRs fall to this pick.

1.10 Buffalo Bills - Riley Reiff, OT

the chiefs are amazed that he is still here this late so in a unexpected move...

1.11 chiefs select: Ryan Tanhill QB, Texas A&M

Has their been any leaks as to who the Panthers might covet at the #9 pick?

Out of the top 10 teams. Assuming their will be no trades. This seems like it is the hardest pick for me to predict.

Kutulu - How did you come to this selection?

1.09 Panthers select: DT Fletcher Cox, Miss. St.

Out of the top 10 teams. Assuming their will be no trades. This seems like it is the hardest pick for me to predict.

per: drafttek.com

Todd McShay and Don Banks both have Fletcher Cox as the pick while CBS and Mel Kiper lists Dontari Poe as an option. Only Kiper has Cox below Poe on his board. The point is clear--the Panthers have a fantastic offense and a franchise defensive end. Adding a big body next to Charles Johnson is necessary for that defense (and team as a whole) to reach the next level.

If this is the way the draft was to unfold in front of Seattle. I think they would try to trade down. Not too far, but alittle bit, and maybe try to recoupe the 5th they don't have.

For this mock where we have to make picks.

I'd think we're looking at LB and DE's.

For the pick, I'm going to select: Luke Kuechley, LB

Hill and Rudd only have 1 year deals. Wright and Kuechley can be 2 out of our 3 LB's for years to come. And with an early round 2 pick, I think we can still get a pass rusher.

I would have loved to take Floyd for Car. pick...I don't know if they are thinking WR but someone to team with Smith and then eventually take over as the number 1 would habve been my line of reasoning, but he got snagged early.

Here's a write up I saw that mocked Cox to Car, but who knows?

Less than a year ago the Panthers invested two premium draft picks on Terrell McClain and Sione Fua and they were supposed to solve Carolina’s issues at defensive tackle. Unfortunately the Panthers finished near the bottom of the league in rushing defense again last season and the duo of McClain / Fua combined for just a single sack. It’s too early to give up on those two youngsters, but it’s also clear that Carolina needs to add another disruptive presence to the middle of their defensive line. Every year there is a player who is very highly thought of in league and scouting circles that the media and draftniks underrate and this time around it’s Mississippi St. DT Fletcher Cox. A terrific athlete with all the physical tools that you look for, Cox would be a perfect fit as a three-technique in Carolina and would give the team a legitimate pass rush threat on the interior. Memphis DT Dontari Poe and L.S.U. DT Michael Brockers will receive consideration as well and don’t rule out North Caroline DE Quinton Coples either. As a darkhorse keep an eye on Boston College LB Luke Kuechly since Thomas Davis’ future is up in the air and Dan Conner was lost as a free agent.

~draftcountdown.com

1.13 - Arizona selects: David DeCastro, G, Stanford

1.14 - Dallas selects S Mark Barron, Alabama

They could be tempted with Poe on the board to help the line, but the secondary continues to need some help despite addressing it in the offseason.

I'll take the Bengals

Edit: just pulled an all nighter. Someone else can make this pick when it comes up.

I was waiting for shovelheadt to take the #17th pick for the Bengals. I'll take the 21st as a fellow Bengals fan

Seems to have stalled a bit so I'll make a pick. Jets are happy when need hits value

1.16 LB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama

Seems to have stalled a bit so I'll make a pick. Jets are happy when need hits value

1.16 LB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama

Jet's fan. I think I'd be happy with this. Report's are that he might be a liability in coverage but the Jets need a pass rusher and he should fit that role well. Maybe as an edge rusher.

id be happy with upshaw or floyd as a jet fan

id be happy with upshaw or floyd as a jet fan

You don't see Floyd falling this far anywhere anymore, but maybe. Early mocks had the jets selecting him. :unsure:

You don't see Floyd falling this far anywhere anymore, but maybe. Early mocks had the jets selecting him. :unsure:

i actually glossed over him being taken 6th.

but either way experts and us alike are rarely correct on draft day. probably won't fall to the Jets but you never know.

i'd actually prefer they draft defense and get Edwards back. One of the biggest mistake the Jets made last off season was not sticking with what they had. Coming off a 2nd AFC title game, they should have made minor changes and kept continuity, especially on offense.

but either way experts and us alike are rarely correct on draft day. probably won't fall to the Jets but you never know.

i'd actually prefer they draft defense and get Edwards back. One of the biggest mistake the Jets made last off season was not sticking with what they had. Coming off a 2nd AFC title game, they should have made minor changes and kept continuity, especially on offense.

Was also considering a couple of CBs for the jets here.

Yeah. I wonder about his knees is it ? at this point but Plax instead of Edwards was a huge fail.

Jets desperately need another WR.

From a fantasy perspective I think Keller is a sneaky TE 2. He has flashed TE 1 stats every nearly every season for a few weeks and has the talent if ever used correctly, consistently.

Was also considering a couple of CBs for the jets here.

i dont see it happening with Revis, Cromartie still in the fold and having drafted Kyle Wilson 2 drafts ago. I don't think they have given up on him yet. All of them are still young.

there are far greater needs elsewhere

i dont see it happening with Revis, Cromartie still in the fold and having drafted Kyle Wilson 2 drafts ago. I don't think they have given up on him yet. All of them are still young.

there are far greater needs elsewhere

Agreed. I will be livid if they draft a CB. Don't think it's happening. If still sure there's some way they can f things up though. :)

I'm sorry for almost picking a CB for the jets. I've been sniffing a lot of glue lately.

I'm sorry for almost picking a CB for the jets. I've been sniffing a lot of glue lately.

Apparently there GMS have been too over the years.

Sorry for already hating! :) I've just been way disappointed with the off season.

Great pick Shovel! Out of the top 3 corners (Kirkpatrick, Gilmore & Jenkins) I'd prefer Gilmore. He's much faster than the other two & tackles really well. Agressive player who isn't afraid to hit someone.

This'll probably be Clements and possibly Pacman's last years in Cincy, so we need to address the position now. Looking forward to see who drops to #21 now.

Great pick Shovel! Out of the top 3 corners (Kirkpatrick, Gilmore & Jenkins) I'd prefer Gilmore. He's much faster than the other two & tackles really well. Agressive player who isn't afraid to hit someone.

This'll probably be Clements and possibly Pacman's last years in Cincy, so we need to address the position now. Looking forward to see who drops to #21 now.

Thanks. The more mocks I see, the more I notice Gilmore climbing higher and higher. A couple even had him in the top 10. If they do land him, I could see one of Clements, Pacman or Newman getting cut.

18. San Diego Chargers - LSU DT Michael Brockers

The Chargers could go a number of different directions here including other prospects on the defensive line. Brockers is talented and gives SD a lot versatility.