Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Rolex Watches

I hate jewelry. The only thing I've ever worn besides my wedding ring are watches. Never had an inkling to ever own a Rolex. I guess I don't get it.

I tend to have 2 to 3 hundred dollar watches in rotation. Never really wanted even a TAG.

My parents both have one.

Dads is a submariner. Nice looking watch. But I'm sure you could get something just as nice for a tenth the price.

Moms is gold and has a diamond bezel. I think it cost north of 30g's.

When they go out, she rocks that, some diamond earrings that are probably about 3 carats each, and her wedding ring that has gotta be five carats. That thing could sink the titanic.

Crazy as Fock, but whatever, it's their money.

Once we went to a football game at the liberty bowl in Memphis. Not a great neighborhood. She wore all that.

I insisted she take it all off and lock it in the glove box of the car. Just begging for a mugging wearing north of 60k in jewelry in the focking ghetto.

I have a low-end one.

One reason I'd not pay for one. They'll always be someone giving you the look 'Oh; you have the XYZ model. How affordable.'

I would never spend that kind of money for a watch, even if I were filthy rich.

Nor would I.

I have a Fossil watch my wife bought me for XMAS. Great looking watch and if something happens to it, I don't have to sell a car to replace it.