Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

You ever had to personally put down a pet?

So it wasn't mine. We lived in the country, and had livestock and farm aminals.

One morning in high school I'm coming out before school to do "chores" ie feed and water the aminals.

I set out and hear something raising a focking ruckus in our chicken coop. I run back into the porch and grab a 12 gauge thinking fox, coyote, skunk etc...

Run over ther and low and behold my cousin's dog from about half a mile away down the creek comes running out muzzle all bloody, trailing chicken feathers. He runs across the creek and I smoke him. Deed... but I felt bad.

Walked in and told pops... he said he'd bury it. I didn't tell my cousin what I had to do... she had little flyers looking for her dog. :(

In retrospect... meh I was a farm kid it was no big deal to do thus... once a dog starts killing farm animals.

Now.. there's the answer to an unsolved mystery out there.

Twice.

Well once, technically.

few years back, I carried our Boxer to the car, we were on our way to the vet to put her down and she died on the ride (not even a 5 min ride) :cry: now I'm crying.

Yes, but the neighbors still don't know :o

my in-laws did this when my wife was little. The neighbors dog a great Dane was allowed to run free in the neighborhood, bit my wife put her in the hospital for like a month with blood posioning. They continued to let the dog run free, rat poison + steak is what they gave it I believe.

Not a pet per se, but my dad's mother had the Alzheimer's pretty bad and just kept hanging on and hanging on.

Did you ever see the big Indian at the end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

I tell my dog he is a wothless bag of crap all the time. Shat for brains..doofus...dumbazz...

I put him down daily...but in an enthusiasric voice.

• Like 1

my in-laws did this when my wife was little. The neighbors dog a great Dane was allowed to run free in the neighborhood, bit my wife put her in the hospital for like a month with blood posioning. They continued to let the dog run free, rat poison + steak is what they gave it I believe.

A friend of my dads had a similar situation. Neighbors dog would chase the kids. Bit one. Chewed up lots of stuff, garden hoses, etc.

Bowl full of antifreeze solves that problem.

2 puppies from a chihuahua liter that were not breathing right. Pellet through their tiny little head brought a quick end to the suffering. Sucked

Yeah, as much as I absolutely love dogs more than anything else on this planet, I would tend to think as a parent if even the cutest motherfucker bit my little girl I would end that dude fast.

Qualifying that, unless she just pestered the shiit out of the dog.

I've seen that too. Unsupervised kids ripping on the dog's ears on the tail squeezing it around the neck the whole shebang. They don't know better, but their parents do. If the dogs were the dogs supposed to be and the kid isn't and he or she is pulling that crap ? Then that's on me as a parent.

I hate when dogs get targeted when they're absolutely baited into something like that.

But, as you see a lot of times, if some dog bust loose and goes after my kid? Oh hell no.

I have zero emotional ties to animals/pets. They are just fvcking animals. Not people. Get over it.

I have zero emotional ties to animals/pets. They are just fvcking animals. Not people. Get over it.

This is one of the signs of a psychopath

This is one of the signs of a psychopath

Kettle. Black ?

I dont get super emotional about animals. The people who treat their animals like genuine children, that's some stupid shlt

weird we took our dog for a walk today on these trails at this old monastery near our house and crossed paths with a great Dane named the same name as the great Dane that bit my wife when she was little... Name is/was Duke.

A few times when I was a kid, we were dirt poor and there was no option to take any animal to the vet. We lived in actual poverty,

I wouldnt go this far. I have loved pets.

That said, when the vet bill gets to a certain point... yeah doc, go ahead and put it to sleep. A new one is way cheaper.

Our neighbors cat got hit by a car. They paid $10,000 for reconstructive hip surgery for a focking cat. Crazy.

Personally, I think its wrong to spend serious money on health care for animals when most humans dont have access to it.

I dont get super emotional about animals. The people who treat their animals like genuine children, that's some stupid shlt

Yeah. It should be legal to slap anyone who refers to their fur babies.

I have not. However I put my gfs pet down with her at the vet. Long term pet. He was an American bulldog. Worst experience of my life. I stg. This is not a joke. After going through the experience IIII will do it myself. Never again.