Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

Zeke 6 game suspension has been upheld.

However, Elliott is still expected to play Sunday night against the Giants. Since the suspension appeal process wasn't finalized before 4 PM ET on Tuesday, the six-game ban is expected to be delayed until next week. The NFL allegedly admitted as much in court on Tuesday. This thing is far from over, and an intense legal battle between the NFL and NFLPA is just beginning. Elliott is awaiting ruling from Texas court on his temporary restraining order, which is expected Friday. If it's granted, Elliott could be available all year. If not, he'd likely serve his six-game ban. There's a number of ways this could still go.

I would laugh so hard if Cowboys fight for first half of season and lose him for playoff stretch.

Take your medicine its inevitable

Very disappointed in the NFL for convicting someone who hasn't been convicted in a court of law. Really?

I would laugh so hard if Cowboys fight for first half of season and lose him for playoff stretch.

Take your medicine its inevitable

Coming from a guy who cheers for a rapist QB

• Like 1

I think he plays all season - i'm drafting him at 14 in about 10 mins (if hes there)

I just took him 21st overall. I wanted to wait till the third round but didn't want to let another team take him. I'm willing to take some bigger risks in my last draft of the year.

Very disappointed in the NFL for convicting someone who hasn't been convicted in a court of law. Really?

You need to let that go. The court of law and the NFL are two completely separate entities and once you acknowledge that it won't bother you as much.

The second this news broke I leveraged it to move Dmac to the Zeek owner. I think Zeek eventually gets back on the field. I don't love the return but I needed someone who at least had the chance to start longer than 6 games.

Dmac, J. Reed, K. Allen

For

CJ Anderson, T. Kelce

You need to let that go. The court of law and the NFL are two completely separate entities and once you acknowledge that it won't bother you as much.

He's also being suspended for something he wasn't proven to have done. That makes zero sense. The NFL can just suspend anybody for anything at anytime? This isn't smoking weed, public drunkeness, simple assault, etc. This is domestic abuse, which is a pretty serious charge to a mans reputation.

It's absurd to acknowledge. What's the point of the legal system if it can't even protect your rights as an employee?

• Like 1

He's also being suspended for something he wasn't proven to have done. That makes zero sense. The NFL can just suspend anybody for anything at anytime? This isn't smoking weed, public drunkeness, simple assault, etc. This is domestic abuse, which is a pretty serious charge to a mans reputation.

I'm not taking sides in the actual case, but there are different standards for action in difference spheres. A person can be found not guilty in criminal court and yet be forced in civil court to pay millions for the action they were not found to have done in criminal court. As was said above, same for a private company like the NFL. Just how it is.

CBA agreed to it. So yes, NFL can.

I'm not taking sides in the actual case, but there are different standards for action in difference spheres. A person can be found not guilty in criminal court and yet be forced in civil court to pay millions for the action they were not found to have done in criminal court. As was said above, same for a private company like the NFL. Just how it is.

OJ

CBA agreed to it. So yes, NFL can.

I don't think the CBA agreed to guys found not guilty to still being found guilty.

Now he's found not guilty but has a guilty NFL stoke one. Next time he's found not guilty in court...strike two form the NFL and see ya? It's wholly absurd.

And I'm a Skins fan defending Zeke!

It's absurd to acknowledge. What's the point of the legal system if it can't even protect your rights as an employee?

Your rights as an employee are governed by the code of conduct you agree to, and in most cases sign, when you join that company as an employee. In this case every player is an employee of the NFL. And just like any other employee, if you don't like or agree with the rules set out by that employer then you go work somewhere else. It's that simple. And the better news for the majority of NFL players is that they got a College education paid for...

Now this is a very simple concept to prove. Anyone that wants to see first hand the difference between "court of law" and "company code of conduct" simply walk into work tomorrow morning and tell your boss to f#$@! themselves. They aren't going to call the police, but I'm sure you'll understand what a "code of conduct" is.

Your rights as an employee are governed by the code of conduct you agree to, and in most cases sign, when you join that company as an employee. In this case every player is an employee of the NFL. And just like any other employee, if you don't like or agree with the rules set out by that employer then you go work somewhere else. It's that simple. And the better news for the majority of NFL players is that they got a College education paid for...

Now this is a very simple concept to prove. Anyone that wants to see first hand the difference between "court of law" and "company code of conduct" simply walk into work tomorrow morning and tell your boss to f#$@! themselves. They aren't going to call the police, but I'm sure you'll understand what a "code of conduct" is.

So if I don't beat my wife and I get suspended from work for a month regardless of the legal system's ruling, that's okay with you?

No, it's not. I know it and you know it.

Let's go out on a limb and say he actually didn't beat her. The legal system said they couldnt prove it. What if they couldn't prove it because she was trying to blackmail him and had a friend give her some bruises. It's all out there.

Point being, what's the point of a legal system?

I just assume he bend over, serve it starting now - get it over with.

But what if she actually is blackmailing him and he's innocent?

Just throwing it out there. He's still a doosh lol.

Let's go another step. So, in the future if some guy is found guilty by the legal system, and the parallel NFL investigation finds him innocent....does the player get suspended?

This is a joke of a system and cannot work.

So if I don't beat my wife and I get suspended from work for a month regardless of the legal system's ruling, that's okay with you?

Let's go out on a limb and say he actually didn't beat her. The legal system said they couldnt prove it. What if they couldn't prove it because she was trying to blackmail him and had a friend give her some bruises. It's all out there.

Devil's advocate: If you have an employee who the public thinks beat his wife, the evidence 'looks bad', but he's found not guilty, and yet everyone you do business with still thinks he's guilty...should you have the right to let that employee go?

Yea, I'm not saying it's perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but domestic violence is a big no-no in the NFL. The NFL only exists as form of entertainment...that's it. And the players are in essence the product. The actions of the players, be it on the field or in their home, lend to the reputation of the company and the product. That's why the NFL has it's rules.

As for the legal system the burden of proof when bringing legal action against an individual is quite a bit different. The state must be able to prove without a a doubt that the individual being charged did commit the crime in question. That's a bit harder than just having to prove that the person broke company rules. A prosecutor must take into consideration the cost to the taxpayer, and the fact they get only one shot because of double jeopardy. By not filing charges at this time they are leaving the door open to proceed forward with charges later if they feel like they gain the evidence to prove without a doubt as long as the statute of limitations hasn't run out.

Devil's advocate: If you have an employee who the public thinks beat his wife, the evidence 'looks bad', but he's found not guilty, and yet everyone you do business with still thinks he's guilty...should you have the right to let that employee go?

No because that's illegal and wronglful termination and the company would get sued in a millisecond.

Let's go another step. So, in the future if some guy is found guilty by the legal system, and the parallel NFL investigation finds him innocent....does the player get suspended?

This is a joke of a system and cannot work.

Ok. So stop talking big on a fantasy football forum if you think that employers should not have the right to suspend or fire employees based on public image or other reasons. And get to work in your personal workplace and neighborhood and fight against it. Then expand into greater and bigger arenas in our legal and political systems in the United States. If you don't do this, then you truly don't care about all you are mouthing off against in such an extreme way.

Ok. So stop talking big on a fantasy football forum if you think that employers should not have the right to suspend or fire employees based on public image or other reasons. And get to work in your personal workplace and neighborhood and either fight against it. Then expand into greater and bigger arenas in our legal and political systems in the United States. If you don't do this, then you truly don't care about all you are mouthing off against in such an extreme way.

Are you 8 years old?

• Like 1

Are you 8 years old?

Haha. I realize you can never come back with any intelligence so I get it. :)

It is so nice Elliot is suspended and it's final. Now this board can be fun again.

No because that's illegal and wronglful termination and the company would get sued in a millisecond.

No, totally not wrongful termination in many states. The United States is generally governed by what's called At-Will employment. This means that your boss can fire you for almost any reason, even because he just doesn't like you. As long as you aren't being fired for reasons that are covered under civil rights (religion, gender, age, etc), and a select few exemptions that various states recognize (can't be fired for filing workman's comp claims, for example, in some states) you can be fired for any damn reason at all. Eight states don't even recognize any non-civil rights exemptions at all. Employer can fire an employee for almost any reason.

Now, if you have a written contract that expressly addresses such things, different story. In the NFL, the contract does in fact seem to allow what Goodell is doing. In my employee example, if you don't have a written contract with the employee, and that employee's reputation is hurting your company, you can fire away. Again, without a contract specifying otherwise, you as the employer have the right to fire someone because you just don't like them anymore. That's the law.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2001/01/art1full.pdf

Haha. I realize you can never come back with any intelligence so I get it. :)

It is so nice Elliot is suspended and it's final. Now this board can be fun again.

Suspended? He's playing week one, and may play after that...where are you getting your information from?

This could really get ugly for FF owners. If the temporary restraining order is upheld Friday (which it very well could), dragging things out, then this could very possibly put Zeke in a position of being suspended during the FF playoffs.

This could really get ugly for FF owners. If the temporary restraining order is upheld Friday (which it very well could), dragging things out, then this could very possibly put Zeke in a position of being suspended during the FF playoffs.

Possibly, but Elliot's lawyers will make sure to push this through until next year. A domestic violence case is much more serious than a deflated football, I would think they would want to get this correct.

Not the same because most people aren't under contract with their employers

Playing in the NFL isn't the same as working the cash register at 7-11

Not the same because most people aren't under contract with their employers

Playing in the NFL isn't the same as working the cash register at 7-11

You're right, it's completely worse for the NFL player, because their contract specifically allows this kind of treatment. The general employment law of the land allows my employer to fire me for these sort of reasons. The NFL has both At-Will employment law and the godlike powers granted Goodell by contract that are working against the players. You're absolutely right that they aren't the same. It's worse.