Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2018

I read somewhere that there will be only six trips to the mound visits without a pitching change per game. That includes any player leaving their spot to talk to him, including the catcher.

I read that as well... Dumb rule...

I read somewhere that there will be only six trips to the mound visits without a pitching change per game. That includes any player leaving their spot to talk to him, including the catcher.

Its going to be interesting, Willson Contreras makes a ton of mound visits..

0 way to enforce it. Puts umpires in a bad position to have to play bad cop when Gary Sanchez wants to make that 7th mound visit in the 9th with 2 on and no one out. How do you stop him? Heard thr fines MLB can impose are laughable at best.

Should just have a pitch clock. Let the players cry but thr average time of a 9 inning game was something like 3 hours 15 minutes and just a fee years ago it was under 3 hours.

In a sport with little action, you can't have games dragging on that long. Baseball purists like to say "f the yonder generation, baseball is timeless", but he numbers don't lie and thise dinosaurs will be dead soon.

Don't like or trust the JD Martinez signing.

Why didn't anyone else want him?

I hope I'm wrong

Then again, who cares about baseball.

What have they done to speed up the game?

:sleep:

Arizona wanted him badly... just no one wants to gI've him the money and contract length he was looking for. Teams don't want to give anyone those deals. Martinez waned Boston, so ultimately they got it done with a front loaded deal.

Arizona wanted him badly... just no one wants to gI've him the money and contract length he was looking for. Teams don't want to give anyone those deals. Martinez waned Boston, so ultimately they got it done with a front loaded deal.

Wanting him badly, means wanting to pay. Ergo, they didn't want him that badly.

29 HR in 56 games 16 at Chase field. Why wouldn't they want to keep him?

0 way to enforce it. Puts umpires in a bad position to have to play bad cop when Gary Sanchez wants to make that 7th mound visit in the 9th with 2 on and no one out. How do you stop him? Heard thr fines MLB can impose are laughable at best.

Should just have a pitch clock. Let the players cry but thr average time of a 9 inning game was something like 3 hours 15 minutes and just a fee years ago it was under 3 hours.

In a sport with little action, you can't have games dragging on that long. Baseball purists like to say "f the yonder generation, baseball is timeless", but he numbers don't lie and thise dinosaurs will be dead soon.

Or how about the times the ump gets hit by the ball and the catcher goes out to let him compose himself? Just sit there and watch him?

Because he defense is non-existent?

From everything I've heard, teams don't want to get stuck with contracts like pujols, ellsbury etc anymore. So unless it's mike trout or bryce harper, forget about it.

It's not that teams didn't want JD, it's that his agent, Boras? Was setting the price too high.

Notice how many players are still unsigned or how long it took many of the dominos to start to fall this year.

Tim Lincecum, Texas Rangers nearing a deal

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/finalists-tim-lincecum-dodgers-rangers-175201950.html

UPDATE: Jeff Passan of Yahoo reports that Lincecum “is deep into talks with the Texas Rangers” on a one-year major league deal, and the expectation is it gets done soon. Passan says that it’d likely be for a job in the bullpen, and that Lincecum could challenge for the Rangers’ open closer role.

12:52 PM: Jon Heyman reports that Tim Lincecum is deciding between two or three teams and is expected to sign in the next day or two. Heyman names two of the finalists: the Rangers and Lincecum’s longtime rivals, the Los Angeles Dodgers. Heyman says Lincecum is preparing to fly to Arizona, so his decision appears imminent.

It would be weird to see Lincecum in a Dodgers jersey after seeing him for so long with the Giants, but a job’s a job. At this point, of course, the free agent Lincecum is looking to get back to the big leagues any way he can.

Lincecum has not pitched at all since 2016, and hasn’t pitched well for many, many years. He attracted a lot of attention earlier this month during a showcase in which he reportedly threw in the 90-93 mph range, however, and has since drawn considerable interest, with Heyman reporting that at least two clubs have offered him guaranteed major league deals.

From everything I've heard, teams don't want to get stuck with contracts like pujols, ellsbury etc anymore. So unless it's mike trout or bryce harper, forget about it.

It's not that teams didn't want JD, it's that his agent, Boras? Was setting the price too high.

Notice how many players are still unsigned or how long it took many of the dominos to start to fall this year.

COLLUSION :mad:

COLLUSION :mad:

teams are finally getting smart. can't have all that dead money.

Boston ultimately got JD by front-loading the deal, if I read correctly. It also helped that by all reports, Boston was where he wanted to play.

Boston was where he wanted to play.

helps when it's the only team willing to pay

Has one of the Mets starting pitchers blew his arm out yet?

Degrom is already hurt

Royals sign Lucas Duda. Hey, he helped us win one championship.

:bench:

Royals sign Lucas Duda. Hey, he helped us win one championship.

:bench:

Can't wait to steal him from u

Omg - this team is racing from train wreck to clown show. :lol:

David Wells is talking comeback with Rangers. Maybe Charles Nagy is next?

David Wells is talking comeback with Rangers. Maybe Charles Nagy is next?

The Ballpark is going to be empty this year. I should get some great deals on close seats all year long. :thumbsup:

The Ballpark is going to be empty this year. I should get some great deals on close seats all year long. :thumbsup:

That's a positive way to look at it. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the gun show when the Yanks roll in.

Enjoy the gun show when the Yanks roll in.

For sure, I can't wait to see them... The Ballpark will have prolly more Yanks fans that Rangers fans. :(

It's interesting to see what the Royals have done in the past few weeks. The one year signings of SS Alcides Escobar, 1B Lucas Duda and CF Jon Jay have firmed up all the questions with the roster and have given the Royals the opportunity to start SS Aldaberto (used to go by Raul) Mondesi, 3B/ 1B Hunter Dozier and CF Bubba Starling the year together at Triple A and come up later this season or all together next year. Lineup now probably looks something like this:

CF Jay

2B Merrifield

1B Duda

C Perez

DH Soler

LF Gordon

RF Bonifacio

3B Cuthbert

SS Escobar

With Danny Duffy, Jason Hammel, Ian Kennedy, Nate Karns and Jake Junis starting the year in the rotation. For the Royals to have a shot at a wild card I think our #s 4 and 5 need to step up and look like legitimate #2 and #3 starters with Hammel and Kennedy eating up innings. This probably isn't a 100 loss team anymore, but I still don't see them competing for the division and more likely to end up with about 76 wins.

Nevermind, moose is back accepting a deal well below the qualifying offer the Royals initially offered him :dunno:

Looks like the Royals broke Bumgarner :sadbanana:

always so fockin sweet when your favorite teams' seasons overlap :banana:

always so fockin sweet when your favorite teams' seasons overlap :banana:

The Chiefs and Royals overlap every year...

The Chiefs and Royals overlap every year...

that benchmark for me is whether or not the royals are playing meaningful baseball when the chiefs are playing :thumbsup:

Rangers starting rotation:

Cole Hamels

Doug Fister

Mike Minor

Matt Moore

Martin Perez

with Bartolo Colon waiting in the wings................ If that doesn't strike fear in the hearts of the League, I don't know what will. :D

Cole Hamels

Doug Fister

Mike Minor

Matt Moore

Martin Perez

with Bartolo Colon waiting in the wings................ If that doesn't strike fear in the hearts of the League, I don't know what will. :D

Colon got cut a couple of days ago...

Cole Hamels

Doug Fister

Mike Minor

Matt Moore

Martin Perez

Minor should be a decent #3 guy :dunno:

Colon got cut a couple of days ago...

Jeebus, that's how bad it is.. I didn't even keep up with this trash team over the weekend - how funny. :lol:

Bird out 2 months. Mount Crushmore will have to wait.

Phillies should play at or above .500 this year. They should have at least five everyday players who are promising rookies or 2nd year players. I havent been this excited for a baseball season in a long time.

If Stanton or Judge were to make a run at 62 HR's, wonder what everyone will make of it.

Considering that they would still fall 11 HR short of the record, just talk for them approaching 60...

If Stanton or Judge were to make a run at 62 HR's, wonder what everyone will make of it.

In NY? Not much. Only interested in WS titles.

Bird out 2 months. Mount Crushmore will have to wait.

Greg Bird has to be in the top 10 of overrated players right?

Greg Bird has to be in the top 10 of overrated players right?

No. When he plays he's great. He just doesn't play much