Sign in to follow this  
rbhorn

Keeper Thoughts

12 team PPR

2 keepers (our 1st year)

QB can be flex - 6 points per TD - so most teams play 2 QBs (I've plugged 1.5 QBs and .5 Flex into Draft Buddy)

16 round serpentine draft - I draft 7th (but there's a good chance that all 6 teams before me will have forfeited their picks)

Trying to decide on which 2 of these 3:

1. Nick Foles - Giving up a 13th round pick - with our scoring plugged into Draft Buddy and set at Compiler Draft Pick Recommended - is #4 QB and #42 overall

2. Zac Stacy - Giving up a 14th round pick - #14 RB and #23 overall

3. Julius Thomas - Giving up a 12th round pick - #2 TE and #28 overall

I think I'm giving up Kaepernick because he'd cost a 1st round pick, Alfred Morris for a 2nd round pick, and Antonio Brown for a 5th round pick. Antonio's a tougher pass as he's the #6 WR and #24 overall, but I think you can find good value at WR later (hell, 3 of my 5 by the end of last year hadn't been drafted).

Stacy's not a Top 10, but I'm guessing that Charles (1), McCoy (2), Forte (3), Petersen (4), Murray (5), Foster (6), Gerhart (7), Martin (9), Ball (10), Bernard (11), and Lacy (13), will all be kept. That will leave Le 'Veon Bell (8) (because I think he'll keep Forte & RGIII or Demaryius Thomas) and Sankey (12).

Thanks

That is a tough call, as all 3 are very good values. Hate to say it, but I think you need to keep Foles. I hate keeping a QB, but your league set up makes it your top choice.

After that, it gets harder. I'm not a Stacy fan, traded him away in two dynasty leagues after St. Louis drafted Tre Mason. Normally, RB > TE is an easy one, and would be the right choice here. It still is.

Foles

Stacy

I would keep Foles and drop Kaep definitely. Foles has a lot of potential.

It's a tough call and either choice would be okay but I would take Julius Thomas. Stacy is good and worth keeping but Thomas gives you a huge advantage at TE over pretty much all but 1 other team. You can get another RB as good as Stacy but not a TE close to as good as Thomas. In total points they will be close. Take the strategic advantage.