Sign in to follow this  
Daltnator

My first pick in 2 keeper league

I'm in a dilemma as to my opening picks strategy for my work league. It's a 12 team PPR with passing TDs 4 points and rush/rec TDs 6. QBs score 1 point per 10 yards and standard scoring the rest of the way. It's a QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, TE, DEF, K lineup. The keepers will be as follows(a couple are best guesses): Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Foster, Forte, Lynch, Stacy, Jeffrey, McCoy, Marshall, Julio, Dez, Lacy, Demayrius, AJ Green, Charles, AP, Megatron, Graham, DeMarco,Morris, Andre Johnson(I think, only other option is possibly Tate),Decker(I think), and SJax(I think, only other option is possibly Fitz).

So.........

My keepers are Foster and Forte. I pick 3rd overall. Spiller, Monte Ball, Giovanni, Leveon Bell and Ellington are all back in the draft(I had Spiller, Ball wasn't on a roster and the Giovanni owner will keep Lacy and Dez, Bell wasn't rostered and the Ellington owner has Jamal Charles and Julio)

So........

I can't decide if I should take which ever one falls to me( I'm pretty sure the Skins fan picking 2nd wants either Garçon or DeSean) for my Flex at. Great value, which will mean my WR1 will be most likely from a tier 3/4 group or if I should take the best WR available, like an Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson(owner has AP and AJ Green), Mike Wallace or even Julius Thomas for my TE.

Does anyone think that ANY of the aforementioned RBs would be available with my next pick 19 picks later? I kinda doubt it. I hate to pass on great value for Spiller, Bell, Ball, Gio or Ellington, but I ALSO hate having a low end WR2 or high WR3 for my WR1. If I take RB with my first pick, I will probably have someone like Fitz, Percy, or Corderelle. Anyone fine with one of those guys being your WR1?

Thoughts? Opinions? Advice? Comments? I want whatever u got!!

Oh, PS.

The league only has about 4 or 5 other owners that are any good. The rest are either new to the game or don't do enuff homework and wing it!!

I doubt any of the RBs mentioned make it back to you, same with A. Brown, J. Nelson, and J. Thomas. So, grab whichever one you like best.

Also, I found out today that the commish jas changed the scoring for QBs to 1 point per 10 yards, so thats obvioulsy gonna bump.up the value of QBs. I wonder if I could wait till like round 5 or 6 and grab a Romo or the like?

Also, I found out today that the commish jas changed the scoring for QBs to 1 point per 10 yards, so thats obvioulsy gonna bump.up the value of QBs. I wonder if I could wait till like round 5 or 6 and grab a Romo or the like?

1pt. per 10yds passing? Grab Stafford with your first pick and enjoy it.

• Like 1

Yeah I would like Bernard, but the scoring for QBs does throw in a twist. For me I think the WR are so thick and close for the most part I would take a shot on Bernard, Foster scares me, and you have two top tear backs to build around. I would also consider Cutler or Romo. The Bears are going to have one of the easiest strength of schedules come playoff time!

Thanks, for the thoughts! I also saw where the commish has switched up the roster requirements as well. This year it's only 1 RB. You can start a second RB with your flex. I think I am definitely going to go Stafford with my first pick. The guy picking first will probably keep Bree's and Eric Decker, so he's gonna want to draft a RB, taking his pick of Spiller, Ball, Bell or Gio. The guy drafting next is keeping Stacey and Jeffrey. He told me he's probably going Garçon or DeSean Jackson with his pick(Skins fan). I don't think Stafford is on his radar. He COULD surprise me and take Stafford but I'm leaning towards no. And I pick 3rd.

I guess I will be getting the likes of Percy or Corderelle or Wallace or someone like that for my WR1.

How do other folks think those guys may pan out this year?

Keep em coming folks!! Please?