Sign in to follow this  
dcgangstas

Ted Ginn Signs with New Orleans

Just came across the wire and confirmed by Dianna Russini.

Sounds like a Brandin Cooks trade is imminent. Patriots maybe?

Wow what a power push for the ff value of M Thomas.

Knew he was the better over all player and now his stock is going to soar.

The Patriots offered the 32nd pick before and were turned down. That could be on the table again. Cooks in the NE offense with Brady? Good Lord.

If this goes down, Michael Thomas' value skyrockets. Ginn won't warrant the same number of looks that Cooks got.

Gangstas: I agree. NE played NO in the preseason - I think early in 2016. Cooks torched them for TWO long TD catches.

After the game, Belichick was quoted as saying how glad he was it was just a preseason game, and he didn't have to play against Cook for real. Cook obviously made an impression on him. As did Welker, when he was with MIA. And, Belichick then traded for Welker in the offseason!

• Like 1

It raises Thomas value? Or maybe it is time to trade him because people will mistake it as a good thing. Thomas gets top coverage if Cooks leaves. So unless the pass schedule is really easy, then I don't know if Thomas can handle being the only real option for Brees.

It also means I don't think Cooks is just a speed guy. I thought the Arizona game told us all we need to know. They rolled Peterson over to Thomas and gave Cooks secondary coverage. All he did was have two tds over 65 yards. He absolutely dismantled secondary coverage.

It's why Cooks is fed up with Payton being a dip shlt. He knows he is an absolute weapon and should be featured, not used as a decoy or seen as just a different version of Willie Snead.

I would agree, with Cooks leaving or looking like he's leaving, that will raise the Value of M Thomas.

So shopping him wouldn't be a bad ideal.

"Patriots acquired WR Brandin Cooks and a 2017 fourth-round pick from the Saints in exchange for a first and third-round pick in the 2017 draft."

I told ya!!! :banana:

It raises Thomas value? Or maybe it is time to trade him because people will mistake it as a good thing. Thomas gets top coverage if Cooks leaves. So unless the pass schedule is really easy, then I don't know if Thomas can handle being the only real option for Brees.

Thomas is one of the best route runners that's come out in recent history. I'd say equally on par with Amari Cooper. The lack of shutdown corners in that division also hint if he does decline it won't be excessive.

As for the only real option, Willie Snead might not get the fantasy credit he deserves, but he's a legit weapon in that offense.

Snead could very well flirt with 80 catches and 1000 yards this year. I doubt his ADP even surpasses round 6 too

It also means I don't think Cooks is just a speed guy. I thought the Arizona game told us all we need to know. They rolled Peterson over to Thomas and gave Cooks secondary coverage. All he did was have two tds over 65 yards. He absolutely dismantled secondary coverage.

It's why Cooks is fed up with Payton being a dip shlt. He knows he is an absolute weapon and should be featured, not used as a decoy or seen as just a different version of Willie Snead.

I didn't see it that way... but you may be right. Can Thomas do it as THE man? History is littered with wideouts like Randall Cobb and Reggie Wayne who couldn't do it once the other guys (Nelson, Harrison) were out.

Look at Golden Tate without Calvin

or

Alshon Jeffery wihtout Brandon marshall

we could do this all night...

• Like 1

Yeah I agree about Snead.

He scored four tds last season , that could double this next season.