Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Brett Hundley

Joe Callahan. He's a practice squad guy - just got pulled up to the starting roster as Hundley's backup - but hugely impressed in pre-season, to the point that there was an open debate both within the Packers organization and fandom regarding which of he or Hundley should back up Rodgers.

He's good.

Actually I know who he is, the Saints had him for a bit. They were impressed too.

I don't care how good he is. The pack o line is depleted. They are going up against a saints d that has some very good corners. Lattimore is grading in at an absolutely absurd 4 overall. And Crawley is grading in at 7. Ohh and toss in number 1 overall rated DE in Jordan

He's gonna die.

I have to (Watson bye) start Hundley (or Beathard, he's on WW) and just don't see how he's gonna have time behind Packer's o-line to throw. Maybe he'll surprise, but that would really surprise me. Only reason I chose Hundley over Beathard, he has far better receivers.

McCarthy is making it much easier to defend Hundley with his safespace play calling, that's for sure...

Hundley has killed Jordy Nelson's value.

RIP Jordy.

Hundley, welcome to the waiver wire. Good night GB.

Hopefully, this really exposes how poor Ted Thompson drafts, and how badly McCarthy coaches.

What Rodgers does week in and week out truly goes under appreciated.

I remember the Packer teams of the 70's and 80's. Believe me, I certainly appreciate what Favre and Rodgers have done for our franchise. I thank my lucky stars every Sunday that we currently have not had ONE, but TWO consecutive HOF QB's in 25 years that have made the Packers one of the best teams in the league for most of those years. It's simply amazing.

It's been a great run and I hope it continues.

• Like 3

Beathard looks like Joe Montana compared to Chumley............................

Here's my guess.

Hundley - if unleashed - would be fine. McCarthy, though, has micro-worried and micro-managed the game out of him. I can absolutely see McCarthy exuding the "we don't trust you" vibe - the game plan screamed that - and during practice was "be sure you don't turn over the ball; protect the ball; don't this; don't that". Result: guaranteed tension and fear of failure that always results in failure.

The worst coaches do that, and that's exactly what McCarthy is.

• Like 1

Here's my guess.

Hundley - if unleashed - would be fine. McCarthy, though, has micro-worried and micro-managed the game out of him. I can absolutely see McCarthy exuding the "we don't trust you" vibe - the game plan screamed that - and during practice was "be sure you don't turn over the ball; protect the ball; don't this; don't that". Result: guaranteed tension and fear of failure that always results in failure.

I agree, McCarthy's so fat he can't think.

Here's my guess.

Totally agree with this. I'm going to just hold Hundley as my backup (after I traded away Philip Rivers). My starting QBs in 2 QB league are Dak and Brees who have both had their byes but just in case one gets hurt, I'd rather just hold Hundley than pick up McCown to see what Hundley can do with some more practice and game experience and hopefully more trust from McCarthy. McCarthy said Packers had their best week of practice all year this week, so I'm still hopeful for Hundley. I really want to see Hundley succeed at the NFL level.

Hundley did not look good throwing.

Thank you for your assessment Mrs. Hundley. I'm sure your son will do better next time.

McCarthy is an idiot, I just saw his press conference from after the game. He also looks like Jabba the Hut, I see a heart attack in his near future.

Thank you for your assessment Mrs. Hundley. I'm sure your son will do better next time.

?? Why would you respond with that?

?? Why would you respond with that?

CODE: The post was overly generous and kind, as if a loved one had given it.

• Like 1

I remember the Packer teams of the 70's and 80's. Believe me, I certainly appreciate what Favre and Rodgers have done for our franchise. I thank my lucky stars every Sunday that we currently have not had ONE, but TWO consecutive HOF QB's in 25 years that have made the Packers one of the best teams in the league for most of those years. It's simply amazing.

It's been a great run and I hope it continues.

It's similar situation to that of Manning his last season with Colts where he missed the entire season and the Colts ended up being the worst team in the league.

People don't realize that you're replacing the best, with someone that's barely capable of being on an NFL roster...

That's an astronomical leap in talent at the most important position. Hundley's biggest issues coming out of college were his decision making and ability to read defenses....

That's why I didn't trust Hundley from the beginning. Packers need a game manager and Hundley is possibly the most opposite of that as possible.

Not you in particular but anyone in this thread that thought Hundley would step in and be even half as productive as Rodgers are simply delusional.

Well I completely whiffed here. My other option was Dalton and Hundley actually ended up outscoring him! Damn I miss Rodgers already...

At first I saw McCarthy dialing up a lot of run plays and very short routes and dumps. Finally he makes a play with his legs and gets that sweet TD run which saved an all time disaster of a fantasy day. I really thought that would increase his confidence and they'd open things up for him a bit but that play was literally the end of his production.

I'd love to hear Packers fan chime in who actually watched the whole game as I only saw bits and piece on Redzone. Was he nervous, erratic or just plain crap? Any hope going forward, not just for him, but for Packers WRs?

All I can say is the bye is coming at the perfect time for McCarthy and the Packers. Hundley is an easy cut for those of us who foolishly invested.

Hundley should be good for 20 points most of the week (high 25, low 15), but he is a poor man Dak... and I don't need another Dak.

Good bye Hundley, welcome back WINston.