Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Is Jamaal Charles a buy low?

I have Blount and am looking to trade him and trying to find kinda buy low RBs that would be worth Blount before Dion Lewis comes back and muddles it up. Jamaal Charles and Christine Michel were my two guys I targeted and already got shot down on Michel. I'm debating trying to trade for Charles but there's so much unknown

I think that would be a good buy low target. I'm a Ware owner and hope that he can keep some work but Charles would have that upside that could tilt a match up as a RB2 if he comes back and gets 60%+ of the work. It is a big if but worth the gamble. Blount is going to be risky going forward and there is the hip issue. I don't know that a Charles owner would jump at that trade. They've held him this long and probably have hope that he could go back to a RB1.

I think given Charles injury history and age he's at best going to be part of a committee with Ware for ROS.

No because nobody knows right now what he is yet. Owners are hoping he returns to his old self. Doubt they are selling low not knowing yet.

Buy low? I dont think so.

Buy No is more like it.

dont get me wrong, I love the guy, but clearly hes not healing as well on this ACL injury as some others have.

Traditionally this injury sets you back 2 years, and lately Because ADP and Gurley did it in less than a year, people think that's the new norm.

I suspect the new norm is 18 months (assuming a successful surgery) and that ADP and Gurley did it faster because they are freaks of nature.

My guess is that when he does come back, he may not be the same.

At this point trading for an injured guy at his age who will be lucky to give you half a season doesnt sound like a great play unless you're getting him super cheap.

The owner that has Charles is not going to sale low .

They drafted him to high to begin with, and would be hoping for some return from him for doing so.

Ware is avg right now 13 att per game and 4 targets per game .

That's not really a lot of touches now.

A sane Charles owner isn't going to sell now after holding on to him for 6 weeks to see what he has.

And Brady has already 'muddied up' Blount's value. White was always going to be one of the main beneficiaries of Brady's return.

Ware is avg right now 13 att per game and 4 targets per game .

That's not really a lot of touches now.

Ware is the future. Charles about done.

Future is not this weekend.

anybody who has Charles has been sitting on him since draft day. They have too much invested in him right now with the pick and tied up roster spot to let him go. If he bombs this weekend, particularly if he gets a lot of touches, then he becomes a buy low candidate.

Future is not this weekend.

Future is now though.

R.I.P. Jamaal Charles. You had a nice run.

Will once again to answer your previous post.

Ware isn't getting much touches while Charles wasn't playing , so I would expect less now that Charles is playing.

A sane Charles owner isn't going to sell now after holding on to him for 6 weeks to see what he has.

A Valid point.

But... sometimes with additional injuries people will panic and make the move to save their season. If looking to buy low, now is the time to inquire.

A Valid point.

But... sometimes with additional injuries people will panic and make the move to save their season. If looking to buy low, now is the time to inquire.

Well, I think I just took advantage of this in one of my two most important money leagues. I think acquiring Charles is still a potential league-winning move (even if he is splitting time), assuming of course the rest of your team is pretty well set. I fully acknowledge Ware isn't going away, but when your coach thinks a player is HOF-worthy (as Reid does with Charles), he's not going to leave him on the short end of a committee all season long.

As such, I moved Forte and Enunwa for Charles and Buck Allen (who I'll drop this week) this morning. I have no problem with how Forte is running (same as last year as far as I'm concerned), but if the Jets aren't going to use him as a receiver and can't block for him any better than they are, he's not going to be of much use. I know the schedule eases up after this week, but I have no interest in playing the guessing game between Forte and Powell if I can get a piece of the RB-centric Chiefs' offense. Enunwa was my fifth receiver and I fear we've already seen his best as well with a QB change likely coming in the next month for NYJ.

FYI: The next four KC opponents are NO, IND, JAC and CAR.

Even better for me: I have Dion Lewis stashed, so hopefully this "easy" stretch will be more than enough time to bridge the gap for his return. At worst, I get to choose between JC and Lewis around Week 10 to be my RB2 behind Zeke.

Well, I think I just took advantage of this in one of my two most important money leagues. I think acquiring Charles is still a potential league-winning move (even if he is splitting time), assuming of course the rest of your team is pretty well set. I fully acknowledge Ware isn't going away, but when your coach thinks a player is HOF-worthy (as Reid does with Charles), he's not going to leave him on the short end of a committee all season long.

FYI: The next four KC opponents are NO, IND, JAC and CAR.

I don't really understand that logic. Just because he's had a HOF worthy career that means they owe it to him to still start over the better, younger RB? Doesn't make much sense to me when you factor in his injury history. They're going to take it easy on Charles. Why give him 20 touches when Ware is healthy with fresh legs and ballin? I don't buy it. I think Charles owners are going to be very disappointed this year.

If you can get him cheap I say go for it. If he's back to his old self Ware won't be much competition for him.

I don't really understand that logic. Just because he's had a HOF worthy career that means they owe it to him to still start over the better, younger RB? Doesn't make much sense to me when you factor in his injury history. They're going to take it easy on Charles. Why give him 20 touches when Ware is healthy with fresh legs and ballin? I don't buy it. I think Charles owners are going to be very disappointed this year.

Nowhere did I say JC was taking over the backfield. Ware has been VERY good and isn't going away, as I said above. I'll take a 50/50 or 55/45 split of JC on either side of the equation over the way Forte has been used lately. I'm not sure JC sees 20 touches until December (if then), but he's never needed that many to be highly productive anyway.

Nowhere did I say JC was taking over the backfield. Ware has been VERY good and isn't going away, as I said above. I'll take a 50/50 or 55/45 split of JC on either side of the equation over the way Forte has been used lately. I'm not sure JC sees 20 touches until December (if then), but he's never needed that many to be highly productive anyway.

But for where he was drafted? Hoping for a 50/50 split is terrible.

Also to buy low on a guy and basically hope for a 50/50 split sounds awful as well. Such limited value. I feel like with Ware at worst it's a 50/50 split and at best it's 75/25 or Charles gets hurt again. Way more upside there.

I didn't draft him, nor did I want to draft him b/c of the injury. I'm buying low, which is the title of the subject thread. The 50/50 split is worst-case scenario in my mind and better than what Forte has been getting of late. That's all I care about, not where JC was drafted (at least not at this point).

Also to buy low on a guy and basically hope for a 50/50 split sounds awful as well. Such limited value. I feel like with Ware at worst it's a 50/50 split and at best it's 75/25 or Charles gets hurt again. Way more upside there.

I don't care how it sounds, I care about getting 10-plus points out of my RB2 slot on a regular basis (something Forte hasn't done for a month). Charles has a better shot at doing that than Forte based on recent usage. And in case you haven't noticed, there are a ton of backfields splitting reps nowadays, so getting two clear feature backs on one team in a high-stakes league is very difficult. I'm betting on the plan that Charles will become the lead back sometime in the next month, but I'm not counting on it. There's always an element of risk to buying low. I'm giving up a RB I've started to spot-start and a WR I'm not going to start for a player I may be able to start every week at a weak position. This trade isn't going to hurt my team much - if at all - while I'm waiting for Charles to increase his snap count against a "weak" schedule.

Also, I'm buying into Reid's history of getting good fantasy production from two backs.

No need to get the panties all scrunched up meng I can read fine without the BOLD lettering lol. You're entitled to your opinion just like I am and I think Ware will be the more valuable back ROS.

Not sure why you keep bringing up Forte's name to the thread but honestly if you traded Forte within the last couple weeks you did so at his lowest point of value. Their schedule was tough. He should only improve from here on out.

Bilal Powell is not nearly the threat to Forte's touches as Ware is to Charles.

Believe me, you're not getting under my skin...I bolded for emphasis (because we clearly are not arguing about the same thing), not because I was trying to insult your intelligence.

It's a buy-low thread, right? Go a few posts up and look at where our conversation started. I gave readers my "buy-low offer" for JC.

If you watched the Jets over the last four weeks, you've probably come to appreciate they are "trending downward". Tough schedule or not, even mediocre teams don't typically get beat by double figures in four straight weeks. The defense is bad, which is going to lead to more garbage time (favoring Powell). Forte isn't getting third-down work anymore, favoring Powell and robbing Forte of his usual PPR value. And the Jets can't sustain drives, which means Forte may not even get many shots at the goal line anymore. Forte also isn't getting very much help from his o-line, so I think I've eliminated about every way Forte can score fantasy points.

Yes, the schedule lightens up after this week for NYJ and slightly better days are probably ahead for Forte, but I don't think the Jets are going back to handing the ball off to Forte 20+ times a game again either.

And what happens if I'm right about Charles becoming the lead back, even if it takes a month to get there?

Say whatever you need to say to this response, but I think I've said all I need to say.

I didn't draft him, nor did I want to draft him b/c of the injury. I'm buying low, which is the title of the subject thread. The 50/50 split is worst-case scenario in my mind and better than what Forte has been getting of late. That's all I care about, not where JC was drafted (at least not at this point).

This is a good point.

It's not about where he was drafted, its about what the market for that player is today.

This is a good point.

It's not about where he was drafted, its about what the market for that player is today.

Right. Unless you're selling like I would, (He was always DND for me) anyone who drafted him is still awaiting some kind of return. I doubt they would sell as low as people here would think. He just got back.

This thread reminded of one of Brian Westbrook's return from injury... I think there's some magic left. When I inquired of theCharles owner in my league, he asked for Bell

I think acquiring SPENCER WARE is still a potential league-winning move (even if he is splitting time), assuming of course the rest of your team is pretty well set.

There. Fixed.

• Like 1

Sigh. Are we still going to have to listen to Charles owners next week or will they do the right thing and drop him?

That is the stupidest thing I have heard.