Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

GA Tech student shot and killed by campus police

I'm not a cop so I even hesitate but, I think we all can agree on:

1. Better training

2. Better non lethal options

3. Body Cams

With that said, these officers should not be fired or whatever in any way. A man was yielding a weapon, acting aggressively, not listening to repeated demands and walking toward them.

A man was

This is where you're wrong. Scout wasn't a man. It identified as one of those third/forth/fifth options that have been gaining popularity these last few years in our new and improved country.

I can't wait for the trial. It's gonna be like Abbott and Costello.

They were walking towards us aggressively.

Who is they? He was walking towards you aggressively?

Not He, They, with a weapon in Their hand.

In His hand?

No, Their hand...

• Like 1

With that said, these officers should hot be fired or whatever in any way. A man was yielding a weapon, acting aggressively, not listening to repeated demands and walking toward them.

Rule #1 for campus cops is "don't kill any students". Pretty sure his job is over.

• Like 1

It's only going to get worse.

You have office jockeys at their desks and deadbeat race baiters dissecting every move an officer makes in the line of duty. "Why didn't he shoot at his knee cap like in the movies?" They'll scream.

No kid will want to grow up to be a police office today or in the future. Unless maybe because grandpa and dad were and its in the bloodline. Other than that no sane person would want too. You're vilified by 1/3 of the country. Your every move is dissected. One mistake in a heated situation and YOU could be on trial. You'd be crazy to go into that profession when there are hundreds of others to choose.

State and City hiring standards will have to be lowered just to fill positions. High School Janitors will be like "Hell No, I ain't doing that job".

State and City hiring standards will have to be lowered just to fill positions. High School Janitors will be like "Hell No, I ain't doing that job".

HS janitors are surrounded by hundreds of kids with knives every day, yet we never hear about them killing any of them. :dunno:

HS janitors are surrounded by hundreds of kids with knives every day, yet we never hear about them killing any of them. :dunno:

Huh? That's prolly because when one of them starts doing crazy / bad stuff the Janitor call the cops. :doh:

Suicide by janitor never really took off as a thing.

I will never call someone a they/them or any of these other stupid pronoun BS. You are a he or a she. Pick one. Even if you're a guy who is Trans, fine, but I'm calling you a she. They have people in the Facebook links comment section correcting the pronoun. How focking dumb.

Huh? That's prolly because when one of them starts doing crazy / bad stuff the Janitor call the cops. :doh:

Not if they think they will shoot a kid for having a leatherman. :dunno:

If you are afraid of a sno flake hippie with a pocket knife 20 feet away law enforcement may not be for you.

This is kind of what I'm saying.

Plus they need to train different ways of dealing with these situations than drawing guns. 'Cause you don't draw em unless you're prepared to fire, and that's how this occurs.

I mean the citizen has a gun or machete or the like? Yeah probably need to draw your gun.

But a piddly little Swiss Army knife? Maybe there are other ways of dealing with that.

Plus this dude(?) obviously wasn't some hardened felon.

Plus they need to train different ways of dealing with these situations than drawing guns. 'Cause you don't draw em unless you're prepared to fire, and that's how this occurs.

I mean the citizen has a gun or machete or the like? Yeah probably need to draw your gun.

But a piddly little Swiss Army knife? Maybe there are other ways of dealing with that.

You were better off just agreeing with what Timmy said. You then went catywhompas.

What does a hardened felon look like? And are hardened felons the only ones capable of being violent? Not only have you watched too much TV, sadly you believe it. Grow up kid.

• Like 1

What does a hardened felon look like? And are hardened felons the only ones capable of being violent? Not only have you watched too much TV, sadly you believe it. Grow up kid.

I'll venture I know a little bit more than a pretend cop alias.

But it's definitely a tough job and can't really be judged with 20/20 hindsight, like I repeatedly said already

I'm telling you, we need to institutionalize these people. The psych drugs allow them to function, but if they don't take them it's useless. Thanks big pharma and liberals. It's blood is on your hands, not the campus police.

Reagan is a liberal now? :lol:

I'll venture I know a little bit more than a pretend cop alias.

But it's definitely a tough job and can't really be judged with 20/20 hindsight, like I repeatedly said already

Noting pretend about me, little boy. Time to grow up.

I will never call someone a they/them or any of these other stupid pronoun BS. You are a he or a she. Pick one. Even if you're a guy who is Trans, fine, but I'm calling you a she. They have people in the Facebook links comment section correcting the pronoun. How focking dumb.

I refuse to use "they" as well. "They" is a plural pronoun.

"He" and "she" don't work because Scoutnt wanted to be a snowflake and rejected those. Fortunately, we already have a gender neutral pronoun. Since Scout didn't like he/she, Scout can wear "it."

I refuse to use "they" as well. "They" is a plural pronoun.

"He" and "she" don't work because Scoutnt wanted to be a snowflake and rejected those. Fortunately, we already have a gender neutral pronoun. Since Scout didn't like he/she, Scout can wear "it."

His name is Scott, I doubt he changed his name to Scout, but if he did, what a Fig

the only Scout I know is from To Kill a Mockingbird

His name is Scott, I doubt he changed his name to Scout, but if he did, what a Fig

the only Scout I know is from To Kill a Mockingbird

I didn't make a typo. The deceased person's name is Scout, not Scott. Also, he/she/it specifically didn't identify as male or female, he/she/it was one of those new third category genderbender people.

I didn't make a typo. The deceased person's name is Scout, not Scott. Also, he/she/it specifically didn't identify as male or female, he/she/it was one of those new third category genderbender people.

I wasn't meaning to correct you, I have read his name is actually Scott, but when he forgot what sex he was, he went by Scout

Schultz, born Scott Schultz, did not identify as male or female and was majoring in computer engineering at Georgia Tech. The victim’s mother, Lynne Schultz, told the Journal Constitution that Schultz was a talented student but suffered from depression and had attempted suicide two years ago.

if I am wrong apologies

http://www.newsweek.com/scout-schultz-georgia-tech-police-shooting-666641

I wasn't meaning to correct you, I have read his name is actually Scott, but when he forgot what sex he was, he went by Scout

Schultz, born Scott Schultz, did not identify as male or female and was majoring in computer engineering at Georgia Tech. The victims mother, Lynne Schultz, told the Journal Constitution that Schultz was a talented student but suffered from depression and had attempted suicide two years ago.

if I am wrong apologies

http://www.newsweek.com/scout-schultz-georgia-tech-police-shooting-666641

The person's dead, maybe no need to be an assh0le about it? :dunno:

Not making light of the situation, but Im guessing suicide by cop. Couldnt continue to live as a woman in a mans body. Got drunk and high and armed himself to get the cops to shoot.

Hopefully the cop can take some comfort from the fact this kid was asking for it. There was suicide notes and he was the one who called 911 reporting someone with knife and gun.

Hopefully the cop can take some comfort from the fact this kid was asking for it. There was suicide notes and he was the one who called 911 reporting someone with knife and gun.

Interesting. Report of a gun (even if there wasn't one) definitely changes things a bit

Hopefully technology, can help here. Because I blame these cops zero. Buuuuut...

Maybe in the future there will be weapons that one can fire both rubber bullets and lethal bullets where you can easily/quickly switch (press a button).

Or tasers that go long distances and are very effective.

But until then, the cops life is more important to me than the guy with a weapon on a death wish. Sorry. I highly doubt these people woke up today hoping to kill somebody. In fact I'd wager they are having a difficult time with it.

Hopefully technology, can help here. Because I blame these cops zero. Buuuuut...

Maybe in the future there will be weapons that one can fire both rubber bullets and lethal bullets where you can easily/quickly switch (press a button).

Or tasters that go long distances and are very effective.

But until then, the cops life is more important to me than the guy with a weapon on a death wish. Sorry. I highly doubt these people woke up today hoping to kill somebody. In fact I'd wager they are having a difficult time with it.

It's a good thought, but how much stuff do you think a cop can carry?

Also fock the pvssies that go suicide by cop. Make some guy live with the fact that he had to shoot you.

I've flipped on this one.

It's a good thought, but how much stuff do you think a cop can carry?

I get it, I'm hoping technology can help is all. :dunno: I mean fock, every one of us has a supercomputer in our pockets. That's all I'm saying.

You'll agree, the point is to take down the perp while taking the threat away and making it home to your own family's. So I get it, just hoping the future holds more options.

I get it, I'm hoping technology can help is all. :dunno: I mean fock, every one of us has a supercomputer in our pockets. That's all I'm saying.

You'll agree, the point is to take down the perp while taking the threat away and making it home to your own family's. So I get it, just hoping the future holds more options.

I don't like it either that this troubled person died. It sucks for everyone actually involved. But when society (and the actions of some cops) have basically removed physical force from the cops tool belt (Eric Garner etc) this is what you get. The cop actually has less to fear legally in some instances if he shoots someone than if he subdues someone. A video of a cop fighting with this kid and winning won't play too well.

Pretty sure the cop that shot Scout is a female cop. We heard male and female cop voice, the cop in the light was clearly a man, the one in the shadow we couldn't see but that's the one who shot ... must be...

Pretty sure the cop that shot Scout is a female cop. We heard male and female cop voice, the cop in the light was clearly a man, the one in the shadow we couldn't see but that's the one who shot ... must be...

how do you know the cop didn't identify as they, and wanted to be the only they in town?

Also fock the pvssies that go suicide by cop. Make some guy live with the fact that he had to shoot you.

Agreed. Awful

how do you know the cop didn't identify as they, and wanted to be the only they in town?

Snowflakes are all special and unique. I doubt Scout/Scott had a sexy command voice like she did. :wub:

I have gone further the other way, cop should have let the miserable live. Shoot him in the friggin leg.

I have gone further the other way, cop should have let the miserable ###### live. Shoot him in the friggin leg.

Or the junk. Help him along his journey. :dunno:

I suppose tranny medical students practice sexual realignment surgery back and forth on each other and their friends. "Hey Scout we're having another re-wiring party". One thing that could have been bumming Scout out is if his nether regions started demonstrating the same problems as Michael Jackson was having with his face. It would explain why he had that swiss army knife with him.