Sign in to follow this  
bandrus1

Jay Ajayi traded to Eagles

Katz from Inside the Matchup, cares very little for Ajayi......

Ajayi is a mediocre talent that can’t catch passes which sounds a lot like LeGarrette Blount.

Feeling pretty good about him going forward. Didn't see the game yesterday but 8 carries for 77 is nice, and I don't think he was even touched on his TD run. Watching him pick his spots shows he has better vision than the bull, Blount.

8 carries, 3 of them were bad at 2 ypc or less. The other 5 were 5 ypc or better.

After their bye he is most likely not coming out of my starting lineup.

Feeling pretty good about him going forward. Didn't see the game yesterday but 8 carries for 77 is nice, and I don't think he was even touched on his TD run. Watching him pick his spots shows he has better vision than the bull, Blount.

8 carries, 3 of them were bad at 2 ypc or less. The other 5 were 5 ypc or better.

After their bye he is most likely not coming out of my starting lineup.

And keep in mind that was Denver's DEF. Not historically a pushover against the run :) So those 2 yd runs--that's something a lot of talented backs have been managing in Denver all year.

Wow. Inside the Matchup. Make no mistake, Katz DOES NOT LIKE JAY AJAYI!

Running Game Thoughts: In his first game with the Eagles, Jay Ajayi rushed for 77 yards and a touchdown on eight carries. If you’re an Ajayi owner, you absolutely should not be encouraged by what you saw and would’ve been best off trying to trade Ajayi off the big game. The Eagles do not care about your fantasy team or about having a feature back. They rotate RBs as they see fit. In that same game, Corey Clement had 12 carries, LeGarrette Blount had eight, and Wendell Smallwood had five. Smallwood’s carries came in garbage time so we can dismiss him, but Ajayi, Blount, and Clement are a three man committee. Ajayi is not going to see the volume and his touchdown run wasn’t all that impressive. Just about every RB not named Rob Kelley, Eddie Lacy, or Paul Perkins would’ve scored on that play. It was just incredibly well blocked. With Sean Lee out for the Cowboys, the Eagles will be able to run the ball well. Their backfield will produce strong fantasy numbers. Which guys put up those numbers is a complete guessing game and one I would want no part of.

I particularly enjoy the part about how his long TD run wasn't impressive, it was just well blocked.

I'd like to add that a lot of his runs in Miami were pretty impressive, but were just poorly blocked. :lol:

So then I'm not sure what to do with this......

Eagles OC Frank Reich expects Jay Ajayi to take on a bigger role against the Cowboys in Week 11.

"He's able to handle everything that we give him at this point," said Reich. "When I look at our game plan for this week, I look at it and there's probably not a play on there that I wouldn't feel comfortable putting his number on." Ajayi was limited to eight touches in his Eagles debut in Week 9, but had the bye week to study the team's playbook and has apparently been a quick study. LeGarrette Blount and Corey Clement will still be in the mix, but it sounds as if Ajayi could ascend to lead status in Week 11.

Who do we believe?

Wow. Inside the Matchup. Make no mistake, Katz DOES NOT LIKE JAY AJAYI!

I particularly enjoy the part about how his long TD run wasn't impressive, it was just well blocked.

I'd like to add that a lot of his runs in Miami were pretty impressive, but were just poorly blocked. :lol:

So then I'm not sure what to do with this......

Who do we believe?

I'm pretty sure he will be the lead back this week or next.

Blount is a risky start, but if you are in a pinch I'd say it's worth taking a chance on. I think there will still be some sets where Ajayi does not know all of his assignments and Blount will be the better call.

My guess is that it will be somewhere between a 50-50 and a 60-40 split in carries with Ajayi getting the larger portion.