Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

DIVORCE

Where did I ever suggest arguing about bedroom sets and stuff?

I said take time to split the stuff up so both have the basic essentials to start over.

Walking away, leaving everything just isnt too smart.

• Like 1

I said take time to split the stuff up so both have the basic essentials to start over.

Some people aren't getting this

• Like 1

I think it was the part about taking as much of the houseware as possible, and cursing when you had to rebuy stuff. No one is suggesting walking away with nothing, but we aren't losing sleep over abandoning an oven mitt in the wake of our marriage ending.

I think it's cause we're grownups and can afford to buy new forks.

Yeah, you're not getting it. Bunny has been talking about how broke he is....

I think it was the part about taking as much of the houseware as possible, and cursing when you had to rebuy stuff. No one is suggesting walking away with nothing, but we aren't losing sleep over abandoning an oven mitt in the wake of our marriage ending.

GFC No one is saying get a lawyer because of an oven mitt

• Like 1

The biggest problem as I see it here is Mrs. Bunny got caught.

Yeah, you're not getting it. Bunny has been talking about how broke he is....

Oh... what happened to bunnies monies? :huh:

Oh... what happened to bunnies monies? :huh:

His insurance business has been struggling and he took out some personal loans to pay off employees despite the advice of the Geek Club, if I recall.

His biz is going bankrupt, he has no money and will soon have no place to live. Ive lived through that scenario and if I had to do it again, Id make damned sure I had some basic essentials to rebuild with.

I spent a week and a half on a friends couch, before I landed a job, and got an apartment and a car.

Living those first 6 months with only an air mattress, a tv and a guitar to my name made me see how dumb it was to throw money out the window when I could have just taken a day or so to get some basic sh!t together that would not have been argued about.

• Like 1

GFC No one is saying get a lawyer because of an oven mitt

Im using an extreme example; my point is dont fixate on the small stuff, as the resulting conflict may drag out matters and lead to legal involvement with monetary consequences.

Im using an extreme example; my point is dont fixate on the small stuff, as the resulting conflict may drag out matters and lead to legal involvement with monetary consequences.

I know what your point is. No one is saying go to court over some dishes and Tupperware. Idk why you feel the need to keep pointing that out or act like some of us are endorsing that path.

Vudu knows from the experience of a divorce. I know from moving out of my house with my wife and into a new one. I also know from traveling somewhere where I have to sustain myself for a long period of time. Its important to keep that stuff in mind. I didn't think we needed to also point out not to get a lawyer over an oven mitt, but at least you got that covered in case bunny was confused over what we meant.

I know what your point is. No one is saying go to court over some dishes and Tupperware. Idk why you feel the need to keep pointing that out or act like some of us are endorsing that path.

Vudu knows from the experience of a divorce. I know from moving out of my house with my wife and into a new one. I also know from traveling somewhere where I have to sustain myself for a long period of time. Its important to keep that stuff in mind. I didn't think we needed to also point out not to get a lawyer over an oven mitt, but at least you got that covered in case bunny was confused over what we meant.

Vudus initial post sounded petty. My examples were intentionally ludicrous to point this out. And Im not the only one to do so. But hes subsequently clarified what he meant, looking much more reasonable in the process.

Ive been through divorce as well, and it was just about as amicable as possible. Ive also known people who are still bitter years after the fact, in large part because they made a bad situation worse by fixating on inconsequential sh!t.

Vudus initial post sounded petty. My examples were intentionally ludicrous to point this out. And Im not the only one to do so. But hes subsequently clarified what he meant, looking much more reasonable in the process.

Ive been through divorce as well, and it was just about as amicable as possible. Ive also known people who are still bitter years after the fact, in large part because they made a bad situation worse by fixating on inconsequential sh!t.

My parents went to the focking mattresses man.

They had bought a set of outdoor furniature. Ended up half of it was at moms, the chaise lounges ended up at dads.

Mom was focking dads best friend (later my stepdad) who was, according to my dad, feeding her and thus her lawyer info about HIS infidelities (he had, for instance, knocked up another chick while mom was pregnant with my sister. As an aside, that chick ended up having an abortion, later did time for writing bad checks, and was even later raped by her own son. Dad knows how to pick em.)

Dad threatened to take out a billboard calling her a wh0re and such if she didnt give up custody. That didnt fly obviously.

Years later, mom and stepdad petitioned court for more support. Dad had me over and begged me to move in with him or he would lose his house.

They badmouthed each other my whole life. Three wives later, my dad is still bitter about it. Moms still married to stepdad (who much later in life adopted us) and moved on a long time ago.

The funny thing was that we were kids when all this went down, so we didnt really piece together all the stories until years later.

Anyway, moral of the story is, dont be my parents.

My parents went to the focking mattresses man.

They had bought a set of outdoor furniature. Ended up half of it was at moms, the chaise lounges ended up at dads.

Mom was focking dads best friend (later my stepdad) who was, according to my dad, feeding her and thus her lawyer info about HIS infidelities (he had, for instance, knocked up another chick while mom was pregnant with my sister. As an aside, that chick ended up having an abortion, later did time for writing bad checks, and was even later raped by her own son. Dad knows how to pick em.)

Dad threatened to take out a billboard calling her a wh0re and such if she didnt give up custody. That didnt fly obviously.

Years later, mom and stepdad petitioned court for more support. Dad had me over and begged me to move in with him or he would lose his house.

They badmouthed each other my whole life. Three wives later, my dad is still bitter about it. Moms still married to stepdad (who much later in life adopted us) and moved on a long time ago.

The funny thing was that we were kids when all this went down, so we didnt really piece together all the stories until years later.

Anyway, moral of the story is, dont be my parents.

Moral of the story, dont grow up hill billy

No it didn't. You were intent on being a Dbag from the get go.

No it didn't. You were intent on being a Dbag from the get go.

Yeah, it came off that way. Very pompous. The same happened with the cigar thread. Well one person he knew smoked them because of a status symbol, there for doc made up his mind that all people who smoke them do it for the same reason

A few years back, my friend called me after getting back from a tour. Said his wife (4 11As or maybe Bs) had left and took everything. Im like, well, sad that she left and took a bunch of sht.

I went to visit and got a much clearer picture.

He had tried to take a band mate to lunch to celebrate the guys birthday- credit card rejected. His buddy had to buy their own birthday lunch.

Turns out she cleaned out the bank account.

As for the house?

She took everyfockingthing

And I mean everyfockingthing

He borrowed a couple camping chairs from his mom- all the furniture was gone.

Got a little 19 black & white sitting on a milk crate.

Borrowed an army cot to use as a temporary bed.

Dishes, cookware & silverware all gone.

I mean everything. There wasnt a towel left- she even took the shower curtains and toilet paper.

He had to start over from the moment he got off the road- every single thing we take for granted had to be replaced.

• Like 1

I dont think youre getting it. The point is when you start down that path of I need this and I should get that you end up in a bitter contested battle that involves lawyers, costs a ton of money, and will leave you worse off in every way.

So no, dont just immediately give up the farm but be prepared to concede on basically anything as none of it will be worth the battle in the end. In fact if youve got custody issues too start with the property and let her win any issue there. Then when you get to custody thats where you try to hold the line. Realize you will most likely get focked in court so if you can come to any kind of agreement thats half-decent then take it and never look back.

Then how do explain Igotworms, MDC, and Mmmmbeers posts, which all implied the same?

My post about fiestaware entirely joking.

• Like 1

Yeah, it came off that way. Very pompous. The same happened with the cigar thread. Well one person he knew smoked them because of a status symbol, there for doc made up his mind that all people who smoke them do it for the same reason

Well, you and shots agree on this, so I guess there’s something to it. But I honestly don’t know WTF was pompous about my initial post - did you think I was judging Vudu?

And I still think the vast majority of people start smoking cigars due to peer pressure or as a status symbol (also peer pressure) :wave:

I completely understand how that is a douchey statement, but your assumptions about my experience with cigars are completely off base.

I dont think youre getting it. The point is when you start down that path of I need this and I should get that you end up in a bitter contested battle that involves lawyers, costs a ton of money, and will leave you worse off in every way.

So no, dont just immediately give up the farm but be prepared to concede on basically anything as none of it will be worth the battle in the end. In fact if youve got custody issues too start with the property and let her win any issue there. Then when you get to custody thats where you try to hold the line. Realize you will most likely get focked in court so if you can come to any kind of agreement thats half-decent then take it and never look back.

This. Pick your battles wisely.

Worms and Pen, you guys really aren't getting it. I can't explain it any more simply.

He shouldn't get a lawyer for an oven mitt. He also shouldn't abandon every single item to her and just assume it's easy to start over from scratch. Again, I never thought we should even have to explain the latter part since bunny seems to be fairly intelligent.

Hey bunny, here is some advice, dont get a lawyer over an oven mitt. :lol: Wow! Thanks guys! :lol:

• Like 1

Worms and Pen, you guys really aren't getting it. I can't explain it any more simply.

He shouldn't get a lawyer for an oven mitt. He also shouldn't abandon every single item to her and just assume it's easy to start over from scratch. Again, I never thought we should even have to explain the latter part since bunny seems to be fairly intelligent.

Hey bunny, here is some advice, dont get a lawyer over an oven mitt. :lol: Wow! Thanks guys! :lol:

That. was. sarcastic. HTH

Waaaa youre being pompous! You hurted my feewings :cry:

I could actually see it happening now

Baby, I love you still, but we are splitting. All I want is all the beer in the house.

We are out

Shlt

Waaaa youre being pompous! You hurted my feewings :cry:

Damn, I didn't think I was that pompous. I will dial it back from now on :thumbsup:

Then how do explain Igotworms, MDC, and Mmmmbeers posts, which all implied the same?

D bags too. Bad sample.

D bags too. Bad sample.

I was joking about the fiestaware.

I have no firsthand experience with divorce but I would probably try to work out an amicable split of big ticket items like furniture and electronics, especially if B.B. is the one moving out. You could spend thousands on that stuff. The little things like kitchen items etc probably arent worth bickering over.

BB should consult a lawyer before voluntarily leaving his own house either way.

• Like 1

So what possessions did you take with you when you divorced?

• Like 1

So what possessions did you take with you when you divorced?

Climbing shoes. Rope. Vegan cookbooks. Buttplug.

None. Dont sweat the small stuff

Left the kids behind too right