Sign in to follow this  
hagler

Handcuffs that are worth the draft spots...

Some options to secure the "team" running game in Rds. 5-8 :

This drafting strategy will most likely require the starting RB selection in Rds. 5 or 6 and the backup RB selection in Rds. 7 or 8........you can probably skip one pick, then grab the backup.

These selections are most likely for a #3 RB for a bye week or injury protection...

A.Green & S.Gado

C.Brown & L.White

F.Taylor & G.Jones

These RBs combos are ranked fairly close together anyway---so, you're not giving up too much value.

A.Green #33 Gado #42

C.Brown #27 L.White #40

F.Taylor #32 G.Jones #38

----------All Tier 4 RBs-------------------

Also, the thinking could be that once other teams in your league see that the first RB goes (Green,Brown,Taylor), they might lay off the backup for that guy and target another player....leaving the door open for you to secure the backup.

Are any of these combinations worth using two picks in alternating Rds. in order to secure a #3 RB handcuff?

I like Jones this year. I'd take a chance on him even if I did not draft Taylor. He may vulture TD's until Taylor's inevitable injury. Then he will start.

agree with this. i'm hoping to pick up jones late but i think everyone knows about his opportunity. i won't pick taylor so it won't be handcuff.

brown/white looks too much like rbbc. both will probably play all year & you don't get much from either. if brown stays healthy, i think lendale gets a bunch of carries anyway.

green/gado - stay away. health issues for both but maybe more important, a terrible ol.