Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB 2018

4 in a row for our Metties :cheers:

Yessss.

Jose Bautista is now a Met? why are the Mets such a focking clown show?

don't get me wrong, I love Joey Bats.... the real Joey Bats. He's not that anymore and the Mets are a joke of an organization. :doh:

Jose Bautista is now a Met? why are the Mets such a focking clown show?

don't get me wrong, I love Joey Bats.... the real Joey Bats. He's not that anymore and the Mets are a joke of an organization . :doh:

:mad:

Man Betts, is going nuts this month...

Hitting .390 with 7 HR and 14 RBI before his 3-run HR on the 22nd...

This guy needs to be in the same talk as Mike Trout... They both can flat out hit...

Man Betts, is going nuts this month...

Hitting .390 with 7 HR and 14 RBI before his 3-run HR on the 22nd...

This guy needs to be in the same talk as Mike Trout... They both can flat out hit...

Hit a line drive HR and then got an infield single with speed. Special player.

i cheer for them man but they make it hard.

I drafted Pedro and Colon in 1998.

Colon played with Franco, who played with Rose, who played with Joe Nuxhall, who played with Johnny Riddle, who played with Red Faber, who played with Billy Sullivan. 2018-1899 in 7 players.

How old is Bartolo Colon? He faced Eddie Murray who was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2003!

He faced Yankees Torres yesterday- Gleybor (sp?) was 3 months old when Colon made his first start.

Wow. Yanks lose 2 out of 3 to the sad sack Rangers, usually a tomato can. Umpires sucked in this series, both ways.

Did that just happen, my Rangers won a smash & bash series from the Bombers? We still suck, but it's great to see some promising life from our kids.. We may actually have something to build on.

Welington Castillo was suspended for 80 games by Major League Baseball on Thursday after the White Sox catcher tested positive for the performance-enhancing substance Erythropoietin (EPO)...

Welington Castillo was suspended for 80 games by Major League Baseball on Thursday after the White Sox catcher tested positive for the performance-enhancing substance Erythropoietin (EPO)...

Must go to the same Dr. in the Dominican Republic as Cano, Big Papi and Manny

The lead is growing.

also, I took you of ignore HT, don't fock it up :mad:

:cheers:

By the way, does anyone know what year it is? I thought it was 2018, but then I noticed that the best pitcher in baseball was Justin Verlander.

16 regular season starts since trade to Houston: 108.2 IP, 55 H, 13 R, 136 K, 20 BB

4 playoff starts: 34 IP, 21 H, 7 R, 38 K, 6 BB

In 2018, opponents are hitting .148 against him...he has given up more than 2 runs in a start once, and has given up 1 run or less in 8 of his 11 starts (with a 2 R/1 ER start mixed in).

By the way, does anyone know what year it is? I thought it was 2018, but then I noticed that the best pitcher in baseball was Justin Verlander.

16 regular season starts since trade to Houston: 108.2 IP, 55 H, 13 R, 136 K, 20 BB

In 2018, opponents are hitting .148 against him...he has given up more than 2 runs in a start once, and has given up 1 run or less in 8 of his 11 starts (with a 2 R/1 ER start mixed in).

He's been playing the best ball of his career since he left. I sure as fock hope Justin isn't tempted to wear a Houston cap on his HOF statue.

Did that just happen, my Rangers won a smash & bash series from the Bombers? We still suck, but it's great to see some promising life from our kids.. We may actually have something to build on.

Good series win for the Rangers. This just showed that the Yankees will definitely need to trade for another starter. They are in a great position to do it, with a farm system so loaded that they cant find a spot for some of their prospects.

Cole Hamels anyone?

He's been playing the best ball of his career since he left. I sure as fock hope Justin isn't tempted to wear a Houston cap on his HOF statue.

You never go full Wade Boggs.

The Hall decides on what cap they go in wearing, but they do listen to the player and weigh their input...

Read/heard that when he went to Houston one thing they did different was film him with a super high-frame rate camera and they found something that needed a small adjustment and it's made a huge difference.

Players don't get to choose their HOF caps anymore. They maybe asked preference, but the HOF has final say now, so Justin would need a lot more years in Houston before that would be his cap.

The Hall decides on what cap they go in wearing, but they do listen to the player and weigh their input...

My post wouldn't have been a moon landing if my damn wifi wasn't so slow. :)

Hanley Ramirez cut by the Red Sox...

https://www.mlb.com/news/hanley-ramirez-designated-for-assignment/c-278245918

The Red Sox designated Hanley Ramirez for assignment on Friday, making room on the roster for Dustin Pedroia, who was activated from the disabled list.

When a player is designated for assignment -- often abbreviated "DFA" -- that player is immediately removed from his club's 40-man roster, and 25-man roster if he was on that as well. Within seven days of the transaction (it was previously 10 days), the player must either be traded, released, or placed on irrevocable outright waivers.

In the midst of an 0-for-20 skid, the 34-year-old hit .254/.313/.395 with six home runs and 29 RBIs in 44 games for the Red Sox this year. In his four seasons with Boston since 2014, Hanley slashed .260/.326/.450 and garnered 78 home runs with 255 RBIs and 71 doubles.

Unless he's claimed, the Red Sox will pay about $15 million that remains on Ramirez's contract, which runs through the end of the 2018 season. It should not be assumed that the Red Sox are just going to eat the money and let Ramirez sign elsewhere. In fact, there is some recent precedent for a team DFAing an impending free agent and working out a reasonable trade. The Mets designated Matt Harvey for assignment on May 5 and then swung a deal with the Reds for catcher Devin Mesoraco a few days later. Both players are eligible for free agency this winter and have been performing well with their new clubs.

Mitch Moreland is expected to be the Red Sox full-time first baseman with some platooning from Blake Swihart.

Ramirez was the 2006 Rookie of the Year and a three-time All-Star with the Marlins. He finished second in MVP voting in 2009, hitting .342 to win the NL batting title. In that season, Ramirez had 106 RBIs and 24 home runs with 42 doubles in 151 games at shortstop. He won Silver Slugger Awards in '08 and '09 and was the Player of the Month in June of '08.

Ramirez signed a four-year, $88 million deal with the Red Sox in 2014. During his final year of the contract this season, Ramirez was on pace for a $22 million option for 2019 vesting. He was 302 plate appearances away from hitting that mark.

Ramirez hit just .163 with three home runs, 12 RBIs, four walks, two doubles and 14 strikeouts in 19 games in May.

Yanks win a tight one, thanks to Chapman coming on in the 8th to get the save. The really good closers do more than pitch the ninth. Torres 4 straight games with a HR.

Shin-Soo Choo became the all-time HR leader in MLB history by a player from Asia with his walk-off against the Royals...

Cleveland's bullpen is a dumpster fire. ERA over 6 (a full run higher than the next worst AL team) and that was before today's disaster. AL Central is a joke.

Cleveland's bullpen is a dumpster fire. ERA over 6 (a full run higher than the next worst AL team) and that was before today's disaster. AL Central is a joke.

Dumpster fire is being generous.

Brewers are going to be a tough out for anyone in baseball.

Mets

• Like 1

What a comeback by the Yanks last night. Houston better do something about that bullpen. You don't get away with that in the post season too often, even though they overcame it last year. They shouldn't count on it happening again.

It's not like Houston has the lowest reliever ERA in the AL. Oh, nevermind, that is exactly what they have.

It's not like Houston has the lowest reliever ERA in the AL. Oh, nevermind, that is exactly what they have.

Their bullpen sucks. It is known. And inherited runners scored would be a lot better way to judge a bullpen/reliever than ERA. Whip is also better. Some of you have much to learn. It's ok, pay attention and I'll show you.

Sipp, Smith, and Devinski have allowed 3 of 17 inherited runners to score. That is three solid relievers right there.

Since you brought up WHIP, Houston relievers are third in all of baseball with a 1.10 WHIP. Do they need a better closer? Sure. But even with Giles, they have a better save percentage than, say, the Yankees (or the Dodgers, Indians, Giants, Angels).

Red Sox bullpen sucks. They won't be able to win a 7 game series against a good team.

Some teams are literally going to be trading the farm for bullpen help at the trade deadline