Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Way too early, first money draft of the season results. 7th pick, 10tm, std scoring.

It's way too soon but I did a draft and it's for money so I figured I would report. Pick 7, 10tm, std scoring, 3wr, 2rb.

1. (7) Leveon Bell- Bell at 7?! Ok thanks. Someone took Zeke at 6. I am wary of his injury but he is too good to not take a risk on this late.

2. (14) Freeman- I wanted AJG but he went before me and I love Freeman. My plan this year is to swoop on Rb value since everyone is high on the wrs. This is one of my ideal starts.

3. (27) Brandon Marshall- Eh, I was not stoked about this pick but if Fitz is back I feel better. Funny thing is there was still a plethora of RB value out there but with 3wr and no flex I felt pressured to get a wr.

4. (34) Lat Murray- I was iffy about this pick. I just didn't like the wrs left and almost took JReed. I like Murray and feel he has upside in the offense this season. Not stoked, but I still feel I got a good player.

5. (47) Doug Baldwin- Took a major risk here on a guy many feel will crash down to earth. The wrs are picked clean at this point and the ones I like should be available later.

6. (54) Matt Jones- Love this pick and I now have 4 rbs I can start or trade. He is my sleeper to to end up a first rounder next year.

7. (67) Hurns- Say what you want but all 3 of my wrs are coming off of 10td seasons and expect similar roles on offense. He just signed a big deal so they won't just cast him aside.

8. (74) Big Ben- There is still qb value later but he was the last of the tier and feel he is a difference maker.

9. (87) John Brown- My man crush from last year. Oddly enough Fitz has yet to be taken and I took the 3rd option over the 1st. Wild huh? Possible reach but I still like him a lot.

10. (94) Moncrief- Love this pick, he has a ton of upside for a wr5. Wow. Feels better about my team at this point and just wanted to load up on young talent with upside.

11. (107) Fleener- Just taking a gamble that Brees new te is a breakout star. Needed a TE and passed up all the difference makers earlier. Low risk pick, will just drop and get another if it doesn't work out. Remember, 10tm free agent list is deep, dont draft backup te or qb.

12. (114) Yeldon- Did I mention I wanted you talent with upside? This seems a bit late for this guy who, despite Ivory, should still be the starter. Also Ivory has been banged up. Tell me this pick does not have upside.

13. (127) Devontae Booker- The rookie in Denver. Just a flier, it's early so if CJA gets hurt I have value. Plus look at Denver the last decade, it's the other guy who breaks out.

14 and 15 K and dst.

I probably would've taken Deangelo Williams (not if available) with the last pick. RB/RB needs to pan out for you.

I probably would've taken Deangelo Williams (not if available) with the last pick. RB/RB needs to pan out for you.

I was looking at Coleman but he got snatched. Deangelo was taken rnd 14 when I had to take a kicker. I should have grabbed him over booker. Either way my rbs are the deepest in the league by a mile so not too worried. Lat Murray and Jones on the bench could be better than most guys starters within a couple weeks.

I see a regression for Hurns, but 7th round is damn good value. Jones is good value for a starter in the 6th, but he had better be more consistent or it's a easted pick. Ben is my value qb of the year. Bmarsh and dougie balds as wr 1 and 2 are risky. Freemans schedule is the opposite of the cakewalk it was last year

Freeman as your second pick In a non ppr league , No .

Coleman will be getting more and more work .

Overall besides that one mistake I like your draft . Good Job .

And I bet it felt good to draft for real .

12. (114) Yeldon- Did I mention I wanted you talent with upside? This seems a bit late for this guy who, despite Ivory, should still be the starter. Also Ivory has been banged up. Tell me this pick does not have upside.

He was just so so so ....average last year. Had trouble punching it in from the GL as well. I thinking he's a pass catching back as long as Ivory is healthy.

Yea but Ivory can't stay healthy .

Think the Yeldon pick was a very good with very good value .

Freeman as your second pick In a non ppr league , No .

Coleman will be getting more and more work .

Overall besides that one mistake I like your draft . Good Job .

And I bet it felt good to draft for real .

He comes down to a preference, you either like him this year or not, we have already been debating him. That pick could have easily been Jamaal Charles or Lacy, Miller went the pick before. Just shows the range of guys that were available. If I went wr my choices were Nelson or ARob. If I wasn't so high on Freeman I would have gone for one of those guys.

Trade Freeman now for a WR

Nah. I like him, otherwise I would have just drafted a wr instead of him. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. We won't know til at least October. Just know I'm gaga for him and will be talking him up all year til he either gets hurt or falls on his face.

Nah. I like him, otherwise I would have just drafted a wr instead of him. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. We won't know til at least October. Just know I'm gaga for him and will be talking him up all year til he either gets hurt or falls on his face.

Don't disagree with liking him, I traded for him this off season. I just think sometimes after my draft shakes out I'll see a weak spot that I can fix early and I generally pull the trigger if the option is there.

I guess it pays to do these early.

I haven't done one of my own yet but I'm getting closer and as part of my prep I decided to take a second look at your draft this afternoon. What struck me were the values you were picking up from the 6th round on.

Using FFToday's latest ADP data for 10 team Standard (1043 drafts from 6/29 thru 7/6) as a guide...

You made Matt Jones the 54th pick and he's now going as the 48th.

Allen Hurns was your 67th and now he's at 56.

Ben Roethlisberger (74th)....now at 57.

John Brown (87th)...now at 78.

Donte Moncrief (94th)...now at 82.

Coby Fleener (107th)...now at 77.

T.J. Yeldon (114th)...now at 85.

To be honest, it may be more of a case where you were finding players who had slipped through the cracks than it was latching on to ones who would experience an updraft in their ADP value in the month or so that's transpired from your early June draft until now; but I still feel you raked in a nice "early bird" haul.

With luck, I'll be able to snag a couple bargains of my own here soon.

I love Freeman in any draft. I had Coleman last year. When Freeman is healthy he's the guy. Workhorse.