Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Value of Allen Robinson

Ok, how do you all see him? I own him in pretty much all my keeper leagues and my only dynasty. That said, I don't see him hitting the same numbers he did last season. Is he a sell high candidate? I have an offer right now for Allen Robinson for Michael Thomas (NO Saints Rookie), and 2 first round picks (both likely to be around the 1.06 to 1.08) and the first pick in our second rookie draft in August, which is pretty much the same as having a mid first round pick in the rookie draft. So, in essence, 4 first round picks (if you include Thomas as he went at the 1.07 in our rookie draft) for Robinson. I see the Jaguars utilizing Thomas and Ivory MUCH more in 2016. I do love Robinson and got him in the late 2nd round of the rookie draft two seasons ago. I see Robinson more in the 75 reception range with maybe 9 TD's. Ivory is going to make a difference in that offense and there are more people now to share the wealth with. Thoughts?

• Like 1

It obviously depends upon the other keepers and thus who will be available at 1.06-1.08. I play 2 keeper, 2 qb league, full pt PPR. I'm keeping AB and Robinson, losing a first rounder for AB and sixth for Robinson. Even needing 2 qbs, the ppr has me weighing heavily on top wrs. Yes, Robinson may fall off a bit if the D can improve how they hope. I'm betting on Robinson scoring much higher than Hurns and being in the overall wr range of 5-7 after AB, Odell, Julio and Hopkins.

• Like 1

Selling him way short with 75. I never think of an RB cutting into a wrs workload, if anything a better run game increases his chances with more drives and longer drives. The passing game will be their bread and butter, I don't care who they brought in. Arob could even surpass last years stats and I would not blink.

Ok, how do you all see him? I own him in pretty much all my keeper leagues and my only dynasty. That said, I don't see him hitting the same numbers he did last season. Is he a sell high candidate? I have an offer right now for Allen Robinson for Michael Thomas (NO Saints Rookie), and 2 first round picks (both likely to be around the 1.06 to 1.08) and the first pick in our second rookie draft in August, which is pretty much the same as having a mid first round pick in the rookie draft. So, in essence, 4 first round picks (if you include Thomas as he went at the 1.07 in our rookie draft) for Robinson. I see the Jaguars utilizing Thomas and Ivory MUCH more in 2016. I do love Robinson and got him in the late 2nd round of the rookie draft two seasons ago. I see Robinson more in the 75 reception range with maybe 9 TD's. Ivory is going to make a difference in that offense and there are more people now to share the wealth with. Thoughts?

If it was me, unless I was completely rebuilding I would want a player in there too. Even if it's an undervalued player like a Jeremy Maclin. I have received so many low offers for him that it tells me his value still isn't where it should be.

Or that you're overvaluing Maclin. Kind of like I'm amazed no one is willing to pay for Olsen.

Or that you're overvaluing Maclin. Kind of like I'm amazed no one is willing to pay for Olsen.

Well the offers I am talking about were definitely not rejected because I was over valuing Maclin. He is a top 12 ppr receiver in my eyes, and his upside could easily put him inside the top 10. His value may be a little lower in the dynasty spectrum because of age or whatever else, but he should have more value based off of his performance from last year, which definitely wasn't his ceiling imo.

So if I were to trade him it would be a mistake because I would never get his true value in return. He is probably comparable to Decker where the perceived value doesn't match actual value.

• Like 1

Allen Robinson is clearly the #1 option in that offense.

Thomas will take some targets, but from what I saw last season, when he was out, Hurns had huge games. When he was in the lineup, Hurns was average.

His presence didnt seem to affect Robinson much at all.

nor would we expect anyone to take targets away from the #1 guy.

his presence will likely affect everyone elses touches. I cant see it affecting Robinson much at all.

I don't see Robinson catching 14 tds again this season , so I think his numbers drop some because of it .

Robinson and Baldwin and Ginn all avg 1 td per five rec I don't see any of them being that high this season .

If you can get a high return I would trade him , but it's gotta be a high return .

Four firsts is pretty high value, but who are you going to pick? W/O someone really attractive I'd hold unless you seek to rebuild. ARob will be top 15 wr for years to come. Picks are dicey.

If those picks were for next year, I'm all in. For this year, no thanks. Keep ARob.

I'm terribly confused here.

So Michael Thomas went in the rookie draft at 1.07...yet you're getting the 1.06 and 1.08 and you don't know who they are?

And then you get a 1st in the 2nd rookie draft?

I don't understand how the 2nd rookie draft is anything other than the 2nd round, or 3rd round or whatever continuation of the first rookie draft. That doesn't register to me as a 1st if the elite talent of this year's draft is off the table.

Regardless, the 1.06, 1.07, and 1.08 in this year's draft is not equivalent in any capacity IMHO to Allen Robinson. Even if you assured me of getting Sterling Shepard with one of the other picks, I'm not giving up Robinson for only rookies THIS year.

If I could get Shepard and Thomas, along with a top 5 2017 1st...I might get begin the back-and-forth talk however

I'm terribly confused here.

So Michael Thomas went in the rookie draft at 1.07...yet you're getting the 1.06 and 1.08 and you don't know who they are?

And then you get a 1st in the 2nd rookie draft?

I don't understand how the 2nd rookie draft is anything other than the 2nd round, or 3rd round or whatever continuation of the first rookie draft. That doesn't register to me as a 1st if the elite talent of this year's draft is off the table.

Regardless, the 1.06, 1.07, and 1.08 in this year's draft is not equivalent in any capacity IMHO to Allen Robinson. Even if you assured me of getting Sterling Shepard with one of the other picks, I'm not giving up Robinson for only rookies THIS year.

If I could get Shepard and Thomas, along with a top 5 2017 1st...I might get begin the back-and-forth talk however

No. lol The picks that are not Michael Thomas are for NEXT season. One of the picks, on top of two firsts next season and Thomas, is the first pick in the next rookie draft. There are still about 6 very good players available, and this pick holds the value of an early to mid first rounder in any rookie draft as the draft is after the preseason. You have the top pick of pretty much anyone.... In the past, I've traded for this pick just because injuries will always turn some unknown into a stud after the preseason. I'm still undecided, but thank you to all who posted. The info is nice to have.

No. lol The picks that are not Michael Thomas are for NEXT season. One of the picks, on top of two firsts next season and Thomas, is the first pick in the next rookie draft. There are still about 6 very good players available, and this pick holds the value of an early to mid first rounder in any rookie draft as the draft is after the preseason. You have the top pick of pretty much anyone.... In the past, I've traded for this pick just because injuries will always turn some unknown into a stud after the preseason. I'm still undecided, but thank you to all who posted. The info is nice to have.

as mentioned earlier....

if your team is somewhat barren, and you need to rebuild from the ground up, this isnt a bad move. You will have lots of high draft picks coming up.

if your team is competitive, its a different story.

you may still make the deal if you have lots of depth at WR.

if you dont have lots of depth at WR, and think you have a shot at winning this year, you dont make the deal.

I like where your heads at but I would try to maximize with proven players instead of picks... I do love michael thomas though.

Robinson is their go-to option when the Jags fall behind. In fact, Bortles was forced to throw more often because of that reason. The Jags did draft some nice defensive players, but we still won't know how much impact it will make this year. A-Rob is a great asset in a come -from behind game. And let's face it, the Jags will have to throw a ton once again due to some glaring holes in their D. They are almost always in the come -from behind mode. Will Bortles continue to improve or will he regress?

Or, will the draft picks and FA's come through?

Ivory had a good year in 2015, but he is always a major injury concern. I like A-Rob in the end to produce again this year.

Robinson is their go-to option when the Jags fall behind. In fact, Bortles was forced to throw more often because of that reason. The Jags did draft some nice defensive players, but we still won't know how much impact it will make this year. A-Rob is a great asset in a come -from behind game. And let's face it, the Jags will have to throw a ton once again due to some glaring holes in their D. They are almost always in the come -from behind mode. Will Bortles continue to improve or will he regress?

Or, will the draft picks and FA's come through?

Ivory had a good year in 2015, but he is always a major injury concern. I like A-Rob in the end to produce again this year.

I think the Jags defense will be improved. the only question I have is how much better will they be?

Ramsey and Jack are both playmakers on D and fill big needs for the team. Assuming both play at least adequately in their rookie year, this is still an upgrade on what they had and the defense will improve at least marginally.

If they play well, this defense will be at least average to above average.

if either plays like a stud in year 1 this defense becomes above average. Keeping in mind that a good player improves the players around him (likely because players in other positions arent covering for mistakes that would have happened for the previous guy) the arrow is pointing up for Jacksonville.

I do think that the improved defense will result in some changes to the Offense.

-More running the ball to kill the clock when they have a lead.

-Less yardage for QB's & WR's and likely more TD's for the team as a whole. Whether those extra TD's go to the WR , the TE, or the RB postion is a matter of debate, but the pie will be bigger for TD's and thats usually a good think for all fantasy players on the team.

That being said, Bortles will be one year older and somewhat improved. it is very possible that the downgrade in passing yardage due to the better 'D' will be made up for in extra TD's and better throwing efficiency I expect from Bortles.

Bottom line: I think Bortles and the WR's have similar seasons to last year.

that being said: to answer the initial question on this thread: If you think that Robinson is unlikely to repeat and is headed downward, then you should unload him for maximum value. I'm not sure I'd be keen to unload him, but you do have a good offer there. If you think hes still trending up (or will stay the same) you should strongly consider keeping him.

we still dont know what your team is looking like, but as I mentioned in my previous post, what you really should do is largely dependant on where your team is at as a whole. without all that info, I cant give you a better answer.

• Like 1

I tried and tried to get A Rob from the owner in my main money league. He didn't want to trade. So, I set my target on OBJ and got him. I'd say it worked out.

The Jags will be a very improved team, and I expect A Rob if healthy to be a huge part of that. I could see 95, 1400, 12 as very realistic for him.

You received the better player .

I don't see Robinson posting more than the 80 rec he had last season for about 1250 yards and 9 or less tds this season .

If I was in a keeper league he would be on my sale real high list .

I think he as a lot of upside and talent , but I'm not sure that Bortles throws for 30 plus tds again .

This team wants to protect there young defense and I think they will make a good attempt to establish more of a run game than they had last season .

I made an offer for Robinson giving up Demaryius Thomas and pick 1.9 in a 10 team 12 keepers .5 PPR 2QB league. The other owner is "intrigued" by the offer. What do you folks think? (I am stacked at WR with D. Thomas, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones and Devante Parker and we start 4WR)

I made an offer for Robinson giving up Demaryius Thomas and pick 1.9 in a 10 team 12 keepers .5 PPR 2QB league. The other owner is "intrigued" by the offer. What do you folks think? (I am stacked at WR with D. Thomas, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones and Devante Parker and we start 4WR)

Why aren't you going after a running back or a qb? I think Robinson is worth that, especially since he is probably more valuable. I would try to flip Robinson to an owner for a qb or RB since there is always someone who loves Robinson in a league.

Do you have any Rbs on your team , and if so who ?

Why aren't you going after a running back or a qb? I think Robinson is worth that, especially since he is probably more valuable. I would try to flip Robinson to an owner for a qb or RB since there is always someone who loves Robinson in a league.

Yeah, that is probably good advice. I need to upgrade my QBs (Palmer, Stafford, Flacco) and only have 2 true starting RBs (AP & CJA start 3). With only 6 bench spots it is tough to develop young talent. I usually hope to get lucky on waivers like last year with DeAngelo Williams. Sorry, didn't mean to get so deep into my team, I was more just wondering wether the 1.9 + DT was enough to get Robinson. The pick has little value to me because that player would need time to develop and I can barely cover bye weeks with so few bench spots. Thanks for the input!

Im buying Robinson. Depends on how my draft goes but I plan on getting him as my number 2

I see him as a low WR1 or a high WR2. Down a little from last season but still a strong starter.

He'll put up something like

85 receptions

1250 yards

9 TDs

Give or a take a little in any category

I can't see Robinson lasting long enough to be someone's second Wr .

Im buying Robinson. Depends on how my draft goes but I plan on getting him as my number 2

Might want to try something a bit more competitive... Something like bee keeping or stamp collecting if your league is letting Robinson slip to the point where he's your number two.

Might want to try something a bit more competitive... Something like bee keeping or stamp collecting if your league is letting Robinson slip to the point where he's your number two.

He could go WR WR with a late first round pick possibly.

He could go WR WR with a late first round pick possibly.

My initial thought as well, end of 1, top of 2. Can't see it any other way.

End of rnd 1, Take the RB that fell even tho he is an annual top 5 stud, and Arob. Great start.

He's a prime candidate for regression, as is Baldwin. You can sell him for a bundle. But he's a hold for sure imo, whereas Baldwin is a sell.

I opted to keep him. The trade offer I received was more than fair, but after looking at my roster, Robinson's age and overall team situation, I felt it best to hang on to him. With him, I have a shot to compete if he is as good as people think. The problem is I have absolutely zero depth on the team at WR. None. I have 3 starters and we start 3. My only back up is Perriman in Baltimore. I made some trades this offseason and killed my depth, but did so to pick up better starters. As of now, I have Robinson, Beckham Jr. and Hurns as my starters. Not bad in PPR, but not the best. I dislike having both Hurns and Robinson on the same fantasy team, but I'm pretty much stuck unless I trade Robinson for two undervalued WR's. I'm not even sure we have a roster in our league with two guys like that. It's a 12 team dynasty and most of the decent players are spread out amongst the teams. We don't have a single "number one" team in the league. The rosters are very balanced, so the league is wide open in terms of who can win.

The thing that gets me excited about ARob continuing with success, is watching him after the ball is in the air. That's where the greats shine and while he's far from a great, that's an area that is really impressive about his game.

I opted to keep him. The trade offer I received was more than fair, but after looking at my roster, Robinson's age and overall team situation, I felt it best to hang on to him. With him, I have a shot to compete if he is as good as people think. The problem is I have absolutely zero depth on the team at WR. None. I have 3 starters and we start 3. My only back up is Perriman in Baltimore. I made some trades this offseason and killed my depth, but did so to pick up better starters. As of now, I have Robinson, Beckham Jr. and Hurns as my starters. Not bad in PPR, but not the best. I dislike having both Hurns and Robinson on the same fantasy team, but I'm pretty much stuck unless I trade Robinson for two undervalued WR's. I'm not even sure we have a roster in our league with two guys like that. It's a 12 team dynasty and most of the decent players are spread out amongst the teams. We don't have a single "number one" team in the league. The rosters are very balanced, so the league is wide open in terms of who can win.

Cant you just trade Hurns for a WR you value equally?

Lots of people love him too. You should be able to find someone who will do a one for one. I'd just look at players who were statistically similar to him last year, toss out the ones you dont like and make offers on the ones you do.

sooner or later someone will bite.

trust me, this is a team that is pointed in an upward direction and lots would want to buy into that offense while the purchase price is reasonable.

That way, you hang onto Robinson and diversify your risk.

• Like 1

Agree. I'd shop Hurns and target a player like g tate or watkins. Sweeten the deal with your 2nd for his 3rd if needed.

Agree. I'd shop Hurns and target a player like g tate or watkins. Sweeten the deal with your 2nd for his 3rd if needed.

Watkins would be a nice pickup, but I'd bet money the Watkins owner is not selling.

I could be wrong, but there are a lot of guys who have a man crush on him (much in the way many had one for Megatron)

anyhow, good luck.

I think people liked having megatron on there teams , because he helped them to win fantasy football titles .

Watkins not so much .

Not to sure if I trust Watkins , seems injury prone to me .