Sign in to follow this  
cousinal111

Dion Lewis

Getting some vibes that the Pats are looking long and hard at Arian Foster. This signing would cut into production of Lewis and Blount!

Is Foster due back soon ?

I dont draft patriots rbs. Dont matter they hype or the talent. It will always be the other guy, never your guy.

I dont draft patriots rbs. Dont matter they hype or the talent. It will always be the other guy, never your guy.

The glass is always half-empty.... :lol:

I researched this guy pretty long and hard and actually took him in a 20 team dynasty startup over Melvin Gordon. The thing that impressed me the most was his ability to actually run the ball. He's patient, he gets low and he has a lot of force for a little guy.

Unlike someone like 2.5 YPC James White in 2015 who I view as just a nice receiving back, I think Dion can fall more into the all around weapon that guys like Sproles and Woodhead are. He's too special not to have on the field if healthy IMO.

His career YPC certainly fits right now.

Sproles 5.0

Dion Lewis 4.8

Woodhead 4.3

Vereen 4.2

James White 3.0

He was also an absolute workhorse at college.

Lewis set the Big East freshman rushing record previously held by Tony Dorsett.[14] The lightly recruited running back was third nationally in rushing (1,799 yards, 5.5 avg) and broke LeSean Mccoy's record for most points by a Pitt Freshman on December 5, 2009 for the Big East championship against the Cincinnati Bearcats.[11] He broke Dorsett's record for most rushing yards by a Pitt freshman during the 2009 Meineke Car Care Bowl, after which he was named the game's MVP.[15]

he may not be healthy all year, but when he is and the matchup is favorable, must start rb1.

if you have depth, he will help you.

If you have depth he will help you ! Where would you rank him let's say in a 12 team ppr ?

If you have depth he will help you ! Where would you rank him let's say in a 12 team ppr ?

I've seen him anywhere from RB 12-22

Wow that high huh , in a 12 team league he is then being looked at has a low 1 and a high 2 .

Wow that high huh , in a 12 team league he is then being looked at has a low 1 and a high 2 .

He performed like that and more last year when he was healthy. Especially in PPR.

But he ain't gonna stay healthy, not with anything approaching a normal workload anyway

Yea his stats in a ppr league where without question a Rb one .

Just hard to draft a Patriots Rb has a number one Rb .

I had my money on the wrong guy (blount) last year and missed out Dion. I'm not making that mistake this year. If I can get him for cheap. I'm all over it.

I took him in the 4th round in the July Mock draft on here. I thought he was the best available at the time.

I took him in the 4th round in the July Mock draft on here. I thought he was the best available at the time.

I would say he has the highest ceiling of who's available. I think it's a bit too risky to take him in the 4th with all of that talent still on the board.

I had my money on the wrong guy (blount) last year and missed out Dion. I'm not making that mistake this year. If I can get him for cheap. I'm all over it.

Well for cheap, yeah. But that ain't happening.

Guess it depends on what you call "cheap" but he ain't falling to the mid or later rounds

Well for cheap, yeah. But that ain't happening.

Guess it depends on what you call "cheap" but he ain't falling to the mid or later rounds

Coming off major injury + people's distaste for Belichek... its possible. Cheap for me would be under $10... closer to $5 would be amazing.

Coming off major injury + people's distaste for Belichek... its possible. Cheap for me would be under $10... closer to $5 would be amazing.

I'm definitely adding him as a target for my auction league. Good call.

I would say he has the highest ceiling of who's available. I think it's a bit too risky to take him in the 4th with all of that talent still on the board.

But what was the talent on the board when I already had 3 top WRs?

im keeping ap. so hoping to get dion late 4th early 5th.

He's only radar in my PPR auction league but I'd be shocked if he went for less than $15-20. Don't think I can go that high for him but it will be tempting. Most likely I'll just drive up the price a bit for whoever does get him

^ I like White, and as nice as he was receiving the ball down the stretch, he averaged a horrid 2.5 YPC.

I think his role is secure today but it someone shows more knack between the tackles it may not be.

I've seen Lewis ADP in the 5th round. You should pass on Lewis, get someone like Golden Tate instead and get Charles Simms 5 rounds later.

• Like 1

I've seen Lewis ADP in the 5th round. You should pass on Lewis, get someone like Golden Tate instead and get Charles Simms 5 rounds later.

who's charles simms?

White is atrocious. He is an ok pass catching back who works ok playing with Tom Brady. I would be surprised if they stuck with him just because he knows the system, rather then get someone with some actual skill.

It's not just the knee. Dion Lewis has never finished an NFL season IIRC. If it ain't the knee it'll be something else. He is small and brittle. It's too bad because he really is an electric player but his body just can't hold up

I have a sneaky suspicion that Donald Brown will be the most productive back in that backfield this year.

Which means...I'm staying the fock away from it.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Donald Brown will be the most productive back in that backfield this year.

Donald Brown has never lost a fumble in his career. You know belichick loves that

His is as injury prone, if not more than Lewis.

I would invest a late , very late draft pick on J White .

When the smoke clears theirs the player to own at the Rb postion on the Patriots .

Don't expect an early return , be patience and draft him late .

I would invest a late , very late draft pick on J White .

When the smoke clears theirs the player to own at the Rb postion on the Patriots .

Don't expect an early return , be patience and draft him late .

He sucks. Well as a runner at least. 2.5 ypc

James White is horrible. He is an ok pass catcher at best who benefits from working with Brady. He is absolute crap running the ball. He isn't even one dimensional, more like 3/4 dimensional. I would hope the Patriots have someone with actual talent to step in in case Lewis isn't ready.

It's early but I like the value on both Simms and Brown. Not everyone picks up the Patriots' scheme quickly and that's something to be assessed

Never said he was good .

I'm looking at it this way , he might be the last one still standing come playoff time based on the injury history of some of the other Rbs .

Also haven't all the players that have played with Brady benefited from working with him ?

So late late pick up might work if everyone else is hurt .

Never said he was good .

I'm looking at it this way , he might be the last one still standing come playoff time based on the injury history of some of the other Rbs .

Also haven't all the players that have played with Brady benefited from working with him ?

So late late pick up might work if everyone else is hurt .

Pats do not want to be in the position of relying on him again. Got a taste of it last year and they know how limiting he is for their offense.

Likely the whole reason they went out and got Donald Brown.

Agree with about why they went out and sign Brown , but given injury history with both Brown and Lewis , he might just be the last one still standing . It's a longggg reach and it's just that a very late reach .

Agree with about why they went out and sign Brown , but given injury history with both Brown and Lewis , he might just be the last one still standing . It's a longggg reach and it's just that a very late reach .

Even if Brown is the last man standing the thing about him not being able to move quickly really limits his value.