Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

What are you guys doing with the 4 pick?

...Gronk avg 12 points per game in ppr last season , Reed avg 11 and Walker and Barnidge avg 10 .

You had me scratching my head there because I had Gronkowski down for 17 pts per game and Reed for 17.7. I went back and double checked and the difference is that you forgot to factor in the receptions for these tight ends. Gronk's 1176 receiving yards and 11 TDs over 15 games bring him to 12.2 pts per game. Add in the 72 receptions and he goes to 17 pts per game. That makes him a little more competitive with the top receivers.

I doubt you will find any league where Jordy will go first round. Therefor trade down! If you pick Jordy at 4 in a live draft expect lots of laughs and people saying you could have got him in round 2

You have an obsession you need to get over before the draft. Remember nobody is drafting off your rankings.

That I do know I was answering the question that was posted .

Who would you take with the forth pick in a ppr league . I posted J Nelson .

He would truly be my pick at this position .

So laugh .

Ive seen some ADP sits that show he was picked in a ppr league as high as 1.05 .

Look it up .

You had me scratching my head there because I had Gronkowski down for 17 pts per game and Reed for 17.7. I went back and double checked and the difference is that you forgot to factor in the receptions for these tight ends. Gronk's 1176 receiving yards and 11 TDs over 15 games bring him to 12.2 pts per game. Add in the 72 receptions and he goes to 17 pts per game. That makes him a little more competitive with the top receivers.

Yea your right thanks , what I did was look at the non ppr stats . Sorry .

Still even with that said I looked it up also and your right , I've got Gronk ranked in my third round .

I always like ADP people, there the ones that leave the draft mad because they didnt get the people they wanted and blame there bad record on everyone else drafting stupid.

I see nothing wrong with people having their own rankings and sticking to them. If you really feel Nelson is the 3rd best WR then more power to you. I completely disagree but if that's your guy then you get him when you can because you won't like your team otherwise. What's the point in playing if you don't like the team you drafted. Sometimes going by someone else's ADP can make for a team you really don't like.

• Like 1

I always like ADP people, there the ones that leave the draft mad because they didnt get the people they wanted and blame there bad record on everyone else drafting stupid.

Agree with you . I don't bother with them and I do my own rankings .

I see nothing wrong with people having their own rankings and sticking to them. If you really feel Nelson is the 3rd best WR then more power to you. I completely disagree but if that's your guy then you get him when you can because you won't like your team otherwise. What's the point in playing if you don't like the team you drafted. Sometimes going by someone else's ADP can make for a team you really don't like.

Agree , doing my own rankings is always better bet then relying on the rankings of others who I don't even know .

I've been in some of these online mocks and I've seen people pick kickers in the first round , so when you get people who do mock drafts just to be and act like a child , that's not good enough for me I trust myself when it comes to fantasy football rankings

Agree with you . I don't bother with them and I do my own rankings .

I certainly bother with them, I just don't let them make or break me. I find them very handy if I am the first two or last two picks in the draft. They are just a guideline though, and a person has to have their own rankings, system, and reasons for either going in early for a player, or knowing they might be able to wait.

I certainly bother with them, I just don't let them make or break me. I find them very handy if I am the first two or last two picks in the draft. They are just a guideline though, and a person has to have their own rankings, system, and reasons for either going in early for a player, or knowing they might be able to wait.

Not everyone sees it the same way , when someone post a ranking of a curtain player many are quick to point out their ADP .

I know of many that don't draft their own team , but base their entire draft of ADP .

I've been in some of these online mocks and I've seen people pick kickers in the first round , so when you get people who do mock drafts just to be and act like a child , that's not good enough for me I trust myself when it comes to fantasy football rankings

You realize that sites that consolidate aggregate ADP data do so from real drafts and not mocks right? There is not one site whatsoever that takes ADP data from mocks without disclosing the ability to sort between real and mock (ie: MFL).

I do and I don't trust them , don't know them not involved in their draft . ADP is set by the picks of others that are not me .

And my rankings are my rankings .

So again with pick number for in a ppr league I take J Nelson . Next . Oh yea now you can laugh now .

Don't be so sinsutive , it's fantasy football and it's never exact and most things never seem to go as plan.

I'm taking a shot with my own rankings and was answering the question that was posted .

So I take it you all don't like my personal rankings , good .

Yeah if you know the adp sheets your leaguemates are going off of you have an advantage. Weepaws you have a lot to learn about ffball. I though this one was pretty basic.

Going off your own rankings is perfectly fine. How often does consensus get it right? Never? Its always topsy turvy by years end and we are saying "Dammit, I knew so and so would break out but everyone would laugh if I had taken him over xyz!"

Now, about Weeps Jordy nelson 4th overall ranking, I dont see anything wrong with it. Are the top 4 wrs set in stone? No. I will bet you right now that AB, Julio, Obj and hopkins do not all finish in the top 4. Heck, all 4 of them will be lucky to finish top 10 as usually 40-50% of top 10 wrs dont finish that way the next year. However, I am still ranking those 4 as my top 4 wrs and after them I would take my top few rbs still before thinking about Jordy, even in ppr. But Jordy could easily...very easily be a top 3,2 heck even top overall wr for all we know. If you like a guy, go get him as long as its not a full round reach. You can think Danny woodhead will be top overall rb but that doesnt justify taking him rnd 1 since you could have gotten other guys then still get Danny later. Ya dig? Class dismissed.

I can draft a guy 5 rounds to early and people will scratch there heads, but then i can draft a guy 5 rounds later then his adp knowing all along i could. What makes this important is the guy i got 5 rounds to early i wasnt sure when he would be drafted. Just need to pay attention to how the draft is going and have several options when possible and move up the players you are targeting. An example of this would be I could take a quarterback 5 rounds to early knowing fully well there are 20 WRs I feel the same about. Also I love to lead the drafts, make everyone get nervous and always be the first to the punch.

I'll take Green and Jordy at the turn, but this is a keeper league so a few guys are already off the board. It'll basically be best available WRs, so it could be ARob instead but I feel pretty good about those 2 being there.

Edit: just to add, I don't care if you pick Jordy 1st overall. Not my team, not my money. I can't see the future.

Never reach more than 2 rounds for a guy. If a magic genie told you that Nelson Agholor would be the top wr, that doesn't mean you take him rnd 1. You take him a few rounds early to ensure you get him, but you could have had other guys AND Agholor if you waited. Now your depth will suffer when you could have had the top overall wr (remember, genie told you) as your wr3-4. Simple concept lost on many. Guys who reach the first few rounds end up with bad overall teams cuz the value dries up.

Guys who reach the first few rounds end up with bad overall teams cuz the value dries up.

This

Tough choice in a standard 12 team PPR (or what should be the standard these days). I guess I'd have to take Le'Veon (and use a pick on DeAngelo) as he is the best RB when he plays.

Hopkins got a lot of garbage time stats last year, they had no RB with Arian hurt and the other Texan WRs should get some targets this year. Gurley is intriguing and maybe safer at the moment but that offense isn't great. CJ1K will get his share of touches in Arizona. AP doesn't catch the ball; score as highly in PPR. I think Dallas won't want to overwork Ezekiel early; maybe they ease him into 3rd downs or McFadden just gets them.

I don't trust ANY RB to get 20+ touches for 16 weeks anymore which is why I wouldn't want to pick 4th if AB/OBJ/JJ go 1-3.

Jordy Nelson at 4? No.

I took David Johnson at 4 in the July ppr mock. I feel pretty confident with him. The whole CJ will get touches seems obvious since Djohns can't take every carry. The amount of receiving he will get, plus the majority of early down work, plus he is the goal line back.

Only if its creditable to do so . I can't rank Nelson from last season , and we both know that .

I don't see where the Packers picked up any one at the Wr postion to replace Nelson .

So I don't see any reason why he won't be back into the same roll he had in 2014. .

Same Qb yea that's my pick at number four . Thanks for the chat .

He's a speed WR. I'm not comfortable using my first rounder on him coming off a knee. Even more so given

There is a chance he's there in the second.

Several options here it comes down to who you value more Hopkins or your top RB. Id lean Hopkins, imo i think the offense will be better with Miller in the backfield and the addition of Fuller i think some pressure will be taken off Hopkins. Also Osweiler should be an upgrade from the QB's he had last season.

Bell, easily. He is the #1 back by far....every RB has weakness (AP is poor in the receiving game, Gurley is on a crummy team)...Bell is the focal point of a potent Steelers offense.

The ONE drawback to LB is he gets injured. It's not lack of will or want, he just has bad luck with it. But I'd take Bell without blinking, but would make sure to get DWiii as handcuff. Then you have the very best RB in football, no questions asked.

A month later and a Bell suspension........what are the plans with the #4 pick?

RB: Peterson, Gurley, Johnson

WR: Hopkins, Green

I do not see Gronk here.

I would take Hopkins Gurley or Johnson. Not sure which since I go back and forth on all three of them. Sometimes I even consider Green.

AJ GREEN is the safe pick at 4.

That is what I have been thinking. I have been going back and forth between Green and Hopkins. Since it is my first round pick I am leaning towards Green because it is safer.

This whole thread might be the best argument for auction drafting that I've ever seen. Lol. You can take whoever the F@#k you want for the right price.

This whole thread might be the best argument for auction drafting that I've ever seen. Lol. You can take whoever the F@#k you want for the right price.

Feel better now?