Sign in to follow this  
phillygrrl08

Crowell

He'll be fine. He's gone back on it and apologized. We need to just move on and realize he's just a football player not Gandhi.

I'm so sick of the NFL being over run with all this tabloid stuff.

I don't think it's too big of a deal. The man made some very emotional responses on social media at a very tough time. I'm sure we've all said stupid things in the heat of the moment before. The problem is that he put it out in the public. Tensions are high across America right now and I think many people have the right to feel upset.

• Like 1

Back in the day I said and did a buncha dumb ######. Thankfully social media and the internet didn't exist back then.

Back in the day I said and did a buncha dumb ######. Thankfully social media and the internet didn't exist back then.

Were you a professional football player?

Were you a professional football player?

He's a person, doesn't matter. Sometimes emotions get the best of you and you aren't thinking clearly until the action has already been done. If the events that took place last week didn't affect you in a large way then you wouldn't know. I won't pretend to know the emotions he was going through at that moment.

He's also not the first person to post that pic on social media. I saw it posted a few times by very upset people online. Doesn't make it appropriate but I understand their anger.

• Like 1

There's no justification for what he posted. None.

In regards to a fantasy football perspective, this is going to be interesting to see how Hue handles this. If people realistically think this is just going to go away, they likely have their head in the sand. For a team that has historically struggled consistently, with an entirely new coaching staff, is the headache of having training camp kick off with these types of questions worth it? Particularly for a running back who is nothing extraordinary.

If he is suspended either by the team or the league, Duke Johnson's stock is going to go up big time considering where he's being drafted. Ultimately, money and sponsorships will dictate whether the team or the league do anything. It's been a relatively quiet story...but I'd be willing to guess the events taking place next week in Cleveland might bring it more to the forefront again.

He's a person, doesn't matter. Sometimes emotions get the best of you and you aren't thinking clearly until the action has already been done. If the events that took place last week didn't affect you in a large way then you wouldn't know. I won't pretend to know the emotions he was going through at that moment.

He's also not the first person to post that pic on social media. I saw it posted a few times by very upset people online. Doesn't make it appropriate but I understand their anger.

I understand all this and the difference between keeping your emotions in check and not but thanks for the lesson.

I understand all this and the difference between keeping your emotions in check and not but thanks for the lesson.

I understand everyone has strong feelings.

and I think everyone knows some people have an easier time keeping their emotions in check than others.

This is why some stud players are cool as can be while others are not.

and honestly, If you are a young black guy who has been on the wrong end of racism a number of times, I think you are gonna be sensitive to the issue moreso than a white guy like myself who has rarely been the target of anything racism related.

I'm upset about it, dont get me wrong, but If I put myself into those shoes, I dont know that I'd be as forgiving, and I know I'd be far more emotional about it than I am now.

anyhow, not making excuses, just trying to lend some perspective to the situation.

• Like 1

I don't think it's too big of a deal. The man made some very emotional responses on social media at a very tough time. I'm sure we've all said stupid things in the heat of the moment before. The problem is that he put it out in the public. Tensions are high across America right now and I think many people have the right to feel upset.

I agree, plus whoever wrote that apology for him did an outstanding job.

There's no justification for what he posted. None.

In regards to a fantasy football perspective, this is going to be interesting to see how Hue handles this. If people realistically think this is just going to go away, they likely have their head in the sand. For a team that has historically struggled consistently, with an entirely new coaching staff, is the headache of having training camp kick off with these types of questions worth it? Particularly for a running back who is nothing extraordinary.

If he is suspended either by the team or the league, Duke Johnson's stock is going to go up big time considering where he's being drafted. Ultimately, money and sponsorships will dictate whether the team or the league do anything. It's been a relatively quiet story...but I'd be willing to guess the events taking place next week in Cleveland might bring it more to the forefront again.

No one will care. Everyone said the Eagles were going to eat a ton of sh¡t over signing Vick, and they got like 13 protestors for the home opener and everyone forgot about it.

He's a no-name runningback on a team no one outside of Cleveland cares about it.

I understand everyone has strong feelings.

and I think everyone knows some people have an easier time keeping their emotions in check than others.

This is why some stud players are cool as can be while others are not.

and honestly, If you are a young black guy who has been on the wrong end of racism a number of times, I think you are gonna be sensitive to the issue moreso than a white guy like myself who has rarely been the target of anything racism related.

I'm upset about it, dont get me wrong, but If I put myself into those shoes, I dont know that I'd be as forgiving, and I know I'd be far more emotional about it than I am now.

anyhow, not making excuses, just trying to lend some perspective to the situation.

Absolutely! Perspective is key. I say all the comments on the reports about Crowell and some are terrible. They are doing exactly what Crowell did and have an immediate emotional response without even thinking about it. Sometimes people just want to say something or post something in order to hurt others even though they don't truly mean it.

I seriously doubt that he wants to slit the throat of any person. Fine him, suspend him a game or do both and then move on. If he does it again then we have a real situation.

If Riley Cooper wasn't let go neither will Crowell be.

If I put myself in others shoes and pull a Riley Cooper, then I might be suspended at my job. Most likely not, but I'd have alot of people who now hate my guts.

If I pull a Crowell, I'm fired immediately, and will probably have a tough time finding a new job once a potential new employer checks my social media background.

Seriously, if smart phones and social media existed back in the day, we'd all be in trouble.

Seriously, if smart phones and social media existed back in the day, we'd all be in trouble.

Yep

If I put myself in others shoes and pull a Riley Cooper, then I might be suspended at my job. Most likely not, but I'd have alot of people who now hate my guts.

If I pull a Crowell, I'm fired immediately, and will probably have a tough time finding a new job once a potential new employer checks my social media background.

Nah.

Sorry, guys......this is too much. I strive daily to be merciful and forgiving. In fact, I do forgive Crowell....even though it is likely that his "apology" was the result of his sudden realization that dollars were at stake. Also, I have done stupid stuff in the past, and paid the price.

However, the image that he tweeted was not just a "regrettable" post. It was heinous....especially in light of what had JUST HAPPENED to several brave Dallas officers. He unveiled his true feelings. He deserves to lose his job, just like any of us schmucks would, had we sent out the same image. In case you are not aware how vile his post was, you can check it out for yourselves (WARNING - DISTURBING):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnG9qXzWEAA8emP.jpg

Sorry, guys......this is too much. I strive daily to be merciful and forgiving. In fact, I do forgive Crowell....even though it is likely that his "apology" was the result of his sudden realization that dollars were at stake. Also, I have done stupid stuff in the past, and paid the price.

However, the image that he tweeted was not just a "regrettable" post. It was heinous....especially in light of what had JUST HAPPENED to several brave Dallas officers. He unveiled his true feelings. He deserves to lose his job, just like any of us schmucks would, had we sent out the same image. In case you are not aware how vile his post was, you can check it out for yourselves (WARNING - DISTURBING):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnG9qXzWEAA8emP.jpg

Had not seen the pic.

Quite disturbing indeed.

Check the timelines. He posted it before Dallas happened, but after the 2 other deaths.

Couldn't see a timeline on the tweet. However, I will take your word for it and stand corrected......but my sentiment remains unchanged.

Not only was it posted before the Dallas shootings he didn't create the pic. That picture had been posted all over social media by many other upset people. I believe he saw it and re-posted it as a way to hurt other people in order to make others feel his pain.

Sometimes I really get worried about what this country is turning into. I'm glad I live in a quite area in Iowa and not in a larger city.

Not only was it posted before the Dallas shootings he didn't create the pic. That picture had been posted all over social media by many other upset people. I believe he saw it and re-posted it as a way to hurt other people in order to make others feel his pain.

Sometimes I really get worried about what this country is turning into. I'm glad I live in a quite area in Iowa and not in a larger city.

I live in nice quiet suburbs. I love it.