Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Is there anyone after round 3/4 you think will produce like a 1st?

We were on this topic at work yesterday. Is there anyone you think who will be drafter after round 3 or 4 that could put up first round numbers. We are going to do something fun with this. Once we come to a general consensus of where we will draft players, we are going to draft only guys with high ceilings, giving no regard to their floor, for a higher stakes redraft league. We are all kicking in a little of the entry fee, so it's not a big deal if the team doesn't win a game. We just want to see what happens when you draft players based on their ceiling. The other idea is this; We will trade out of the 1st and 2nd rounds altogether. I have done this in the past with pretty solid success. Half those picks are going to bust, and you can pick up solid players in rounds 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

So, regardless of floor, who are the starting players you feel could honestly perform as a 1st or 2nd rounder?

Latavius Murray

John Brown

Duke Johnson

Ameer Abdullah

Michael Crabtree

Latavius Murray

John Brown

Duke Johnson

Ameer Abdullah

Michael Crabtree

I agree about Duke Johnson and think he is being incredibly undervalued. He is on our list already and a guy I think could finish the season in the top 5 to 7 in PPR leagues. He is multi talented and Crowell is an idiot. I will check on the others. : )

Matt jones if you consider him a 5th rounder. Could easily have a top 5 season and be next years first rounder. He is my Tre Mason this year (last year I predicted Mason would blow up while Gurley rehabbed. Didn't happen.).

Lat Murray is a bother guy like that. Always chase young talent that has not been paid yet on a good offense.

At wr I'll say JBrown, so much talent and good situation.

D Parker wr Dolphins and D Murray Rb Titans .

• Like 1

Kelvin Benjamin I believe could be a top 5 WR, it's a long shot but he's going to have the chance.

Jeremy Langford for the Bears, but he could be a bust as well.

Plenty of QBs could fit that mold potentially, Brees, Bortles, Carr, Eli, etc.

I don't see any way that KB is top 5. Like someone else said, a ton of his work came in garbage time, and he was shut down a lot of the time when the game mattered. Cam still isn't the most accurate passers either.

Josh Ferguson (RB, IND) is one I'm watching, has a chance to be Thomas Rawls 2.0.

Josh Ferguson (RB, IND) is one I'm watching, has a chance to be Thomas Rawls 2.0.

Is he big enough to run between the tackles? I don't believe he is.

Is he big enough to run between the tackles? I don't believe he is.

5'10" and 200lbs, he's on the small side. Still, that's comparable with Lamar Miller or Jamaal Charles. Word is the team likes him as more than just a third down type, I think he has a good chance to be the #2 there at the start of the season. Gore is 33yrs old.

Yea I like that one J Ferguson .

Jerrick McKinnon.

How did NEWPOSTERGUY! get your login and what have you done with the real Mensa!?

I don't see any way that KB is top 5. Like someone else said, a ton of his work came in garbage time, and he was shut down a lot of the time when the game mattered. Cam still isn't the most accurate passers either.

Would have loved to have seen Benjamin last year. Sucks that he got injured and couldn't play all season. But I do believe he will/can be top 5 in that offense

Rawls I can see .

None of ther others can I see doing so .

Some of the guys mentioned will have a nice year and be values where they are drafted, but of all the names listed Donte Moncreif is the guy I would be least surprised at achieving 1st round worthy stats for 2016, he may do it.

I think the odds are certainly against it but I do believe there is an outside shot he catches a lot of TDs, like 12-15. That with around 1100-1200 yards would certainly put him as a 1st rounder.

He is way down the list. It's going to take an AP injury to make him relevant.

Had a chance before and underwhelmed

Had a chance before and underwhelmed

You mean when he was a rookie and the offense was very poor? Like when he averaged 4.8 YPC as a rookie? Or 5.2 YPC last year? 27 receptions as a rookie? Not sure how that is underwhelming.

I never understood the rip that Mckinnon got after his rookie year. It was so uncalled for. A bunch of parroting yet again.

• Like 2

Lat Murray has a improved offensive line and could have a really good year. No one seems to like him that much.

McCoy could easily bounce back, no competition.

C.J.Anderson was a 1/2 rounder last year. he finished strong.

Dion Lewis possibly if he rebounds from his injury.

WR's with a outside chance.

Michael Floyd, Cooks and T.Y. Hilton.

Ol Slats. Man I was big on him last year. He got his touches and majorly disappointed me. I am still holding him in one dynasty and still believe there is a chance for him to become good. I just don't get how he looked so explosive two years ago, and then last year I don't remember him having a single big play. Jeremy Hill has had more big plays! And that dude is sloooow.

5'10" and 200lbs, he's on the small side. Still, that's comparable with Lamar Miller or Jamaal Charles. Word is the team likes him as more than just a third down type, I think he has a good chance to be the #2 there at the start of the season. Gore is 33yrs old.

Lamar Miller although 5-10 like J Ferguson, Miller is 225lbs... thats a huge difference

Lat Murray has a improved offensive line and could have a really good year. No one seems to like him that much.

C.J.Anderson was a 1/2 rounder last year. he finished strong.

Dion Lewis possibly if he rebounds from his injury.

Watch out for the rookie D Washington guy is going to take some work away from Murray

Watch out for the rookie D Washington guy is going to take some work away from Murray

Yeah we will see. I am always big on the rookie backs.I am sure I will have shares of this guy too. It's hard to be patient sometimes.

I had shares of M.Jones, Gordon, Gurley and D.Johnson last year. I listened to all the retards from every source out there and dropped D.Johnson literally 3 days before CJ2k got hurt. I made the playoffs in all my leagues but could have possibly won 3 titles if I held on one more week.

I shortened your quote.

Murray, I can totally agree on. Looks like the largest issue on the Oakland line has been resolved this offseason (see the O line changes & their impacts for details about this)

Mccoy could (and probably will) bounce back. I'd be surprised if he goes outside of round 3-4 though. so I dont know that he fits the subject matter here.

Ditto for TY.

cooks & floyd have the potential. The issue with Floyd is there are a lot of mouths to feed.

cooks: Not sure he should be going outside of round 3-4 either. He's a young player on the rise with Brees as his QB and he got 1100 yds Receiving & 9 TDS last year. That being said, if he does go that late, hes a nice pickup.

Yeah we will see. I am always big on the rookie backs.I am sure I will have shares of this guy too. It's hard to be patient sometimes.

I had shares of M.Jones, Gordon, Gurley and D.Johnson last year. I listened to all the retards from every source out there and dropped D.Johnson literally 3 days before CJ2k got hurt. I made the playoffs in all my leagues but could have possibly won 3 titles if I held on one more week.

I refused to drop him. I was going down with Djohns sitting idly on my bench if he didn't get play time, because I knew if he got the chance he would be that guy to lead teams to a ship. One team I was so far out by the time he started that I didn't have a shot. If I had one more damn win at that point I could have had a real chance.

which retards?

which retards?

Rotoworld is good for screwing up your season if you listen to their analysis.

Coach Bruce Arians indicated David Johnson will be the odd man out in the Cardinals' running back corps moving forward.

Chris Johnson has been anointed Arizona's lead back, while a now-healthy Andre Ellington is likely to take over David Johnson's old "nickel back" role. "It’s not hard, because the young guy sits," Arians said, referring to David. We wouldn't bet against David Johnson making noise later this season, but for now he's on the fringe of roster worthy and droppable in 12-team leagues. At least, until Ellington gets injured again.

Matt Forte

Don't see Forte making it .

Jets seem to want to really work on a RBBC approach .