Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

I Exercised My 2nd Amendment Rights today

Thats pretty fast for a casual runner. How many days a week do you run?

2-3 times a week. I want to get back into where I have different workout runs. Such as speed runs, sprints, distance, fartlicks, speed drills, etc. Been busy (and lazy) lately so I need to start focusing back on doing that. Honestly back in the AF (especially when I was in PJ school) you had to run the mile and a half in less than 9:30 JUST to get in to the program. This is after swimming 500 meters, doing pull-ups, 50+ push-ups, 50+ sit-ups, and 50 meters underwater. So I was training to do that actually in 8 minutes and some change.

2-3 times a week. I want to get back into where I have different workout runs. Such as speed runs, sprints, distance, fartlicks, speed drills, etc. Been busy (and lazy) lately so I need to start focusing back on doing that. Honestly back in the AF (especially when I was in PJ school) you had to run the mile and a half in less than 9:30 JUST to get in to the program. This is after swimming 500 meters, doing pull-ups, 50+ push-ups, 50+ sit-ups, and 50 meters underwater. So I was training to do that actually in 8 minutes and some change.

I run sporadically, but it comes fairly naturally to me at ~7 min/mile pace. I bet a friend I could beat the 5K time I ran in my twenties as a forty year old. I was able to do it, but won't make that same bet at 50.

Even more impressive for a disabled veteran with a history of various knee, neck and shoulder injuries.

:D

I run sporadically, but it comes fairly naturally to me at ~7 min/mile pace. I bet a friend I could beat the 5K time I ran in my twenties as a forty year old. I was able to do it, but won't make that same bet at 50.

Yea see I hated having to run that distance for speed. I'm more of a sprinter when it comes to speed and for distance I'd rather go at my own pace. I haven't really pushed myself when it comes to trying to do it as fast as I can. I just want a certain time so I try and get it to that. I'd rather do sprints and am built more for those short bursts than I am for distance. It's one of the reasons why I could play college ball was cause I could run a 6.7 60 yard dash.

Ask newbie about his technique for fartlicks. Hes a master I hear.

Yea see I hated having to run that distance for speed. I'm more of a sprinter when it comes to speed and for distance I'd rather go at my own pace. I haven't really pushed myself when it comes to trying to do it as fast as I can. I just want a certain time so I try and get it to that. I'd rather do sprints and am built more for those short bursts than I am for distance. It's one of the reasons why I could play college ball was cause I could run a 6.7 60 yard dash.

You should really join the special Olympics since you're disabled.

And retarded.

You should really join the special Olympics since you're disabled.

And retarded.

You should join haters anonymous since you're so jealous you can't see straight. Sucks to be old, useless, and have someone in their 20s accomplish more than what you have while you're in your 50s doesn't it?

You should join haters anonymous since you're so jealous you can't see straight. Sucks to be old, useless, and have someone in their 20s accomplish more than what you have while you're in your 50s doesn't it?

I think it is a fair question as to how you can run when you left the military due to knee injuries from your paratrooper training. :dunno:

I think it is a fair question as to how you can run when you left the military due to knee injuries from your paratrooper training. :dunno:

Not that hard when all I did was tear something. I mean you see athletes who tear their tendons all the time return and start back playing. You guys sense of medicine is beyond idiotic sometimes. Didn't leave the military due to injuries either and it's pararescue not paratrooper HTH

Not that hard when all I did was tear something. I mean you see athletes who tear their tendons all the time return and start back playing. You guys sense of medicine is beyond idiotic sometimes. Didn't leave the military due to injuries either and it's pararescue not paratrooper HTH

Well now that you're all better, I assume you'll be informing the govt that you no longer need those disability checks?

Well now that you're all better, I assume you'll be informing the govt that you no longer need those disability checks?

Again, you show your lack of medical knowledge and just knowledge in general. But then, you've shown how bitter, jealous, and just plain dumb you are so it comes as no surprise

So why did you leave the military and why do you get disability checks? :dunno:

I've explained this quite a bit before.

To protect his identity! Oh wait: That's why he lied about being a doctor. :unsure:

Once more for us bitter, jealous dumb types.

Nope. If you're too retarded to get it after the first 10 times then you're a lost cause. Better to just put the gun to your head and pull the trigger so the human race cause take a step forward

You want info? Fb me. Couple guys on here already have

You want info? Fb me. Couple guys on here already have

I don't think I have enough time to keep up with another one of your internet lives.

I don't think I have enough time to keep up with another one of your internet lives.

Sucks for you then bro. Then again I suppose if you had to see anything else that you want/wanted to do then you would explode from jealousy.

Maybe we need fewer guns and drunks?

But for the sake of argument, how many guns do you think are enough? Like our bloated military, private gun ownership in the US far outstrips the rest of the civilized world.

The police are 15 minutes away from a 30 second crisis. I don’t care if you have a gun or my neighbors have a gun, I feel safest when I can protect myself.

For the sake of argument, if guns are outlawed how many criminals will respect that law?

Maybe we need fewer guns and drunks?

But for the sake of argument, how many guns do you think are enough? Like our bloated military, private gun ownership in the US far outstrips the rest of the civilized world.

Since the popular claim is that guns = death, one would conclude that our mortality rate would be much higher than any other 1st world country on Earth.

In the total list, we're 94th in murders/capita.

Here's why we will never give up our guns:

As Venezuela amply demonstrates - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-18288430 - you ban guns, and suddenly the entire population is helpless to the whims of the tyrants. And that's exactly what happened.

It is idiotic to somehow believe that it cannot happen here.

The police are 15 minutes away from a 30 second crisis. I don’t care if you have a gun or my neighbors have a gun, I feel safest when I can protect myself.

For the sake of argument, if guns are outlawed how many criminals will respect that law?

I don't care if you feel safer, the data shows people with guns in the home are more likely to be victims of homicide, suicide and accidental death, period. All the vigilante justice fantasies are irrelevant if you're killed by your own weapon.

Per capita gun ownership in the US is already the highest in the world, and our gun violence is topped only by developing world sh!tholes. I'll ask again, when would you consider the number of guns enough to provide the safety you assume?

It's weird: If I were in an active shooter situation or had a break-in I would love to have a gun in that instance. At the same time I know the odds of that ever happening to me are extremely slim even living in a big city, and actually owning a gun is a danger to my kids and family and therefore not worth the potential benefit.

It's weird: If I were in an active shooter situation or had a break-in I would love to have a gun in that instance. At the same time I know the odds of that ever happening to me are extremely slim even living in a big city, and actually owning a gun is a danger to my kids and family and therefore not worth the potential benefit.

Exactly what most rational folks conclude when they analyze the big picture. Plus we ain't gonna stop a tyrannical government if it decides to unleash its military on us.

Since the popular claim is that guns = death, one would conclude that our mortality rate would be much higher than any other 1st world country on Earth.

In the total list, we're 94th in murders/capita.

Here's why we will never give up our guns:

As Venezuela amply demonstrates - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-18288430 - you ban guns, and suddenly the entire population is helpless to the whims of the tyrants. And that's exactly what happened.

It is idiotic to somehow believe that it cannot happen here.

History has shown this time and time again. Good post

• Like 1

And that's a decision you should have the right to make. For yourself. It isn't just about self-defense, as I posted above. You can punt on your responsibility to protect your fellow citizens from domestic enemies to our Constitution; from a tyrannical Government - like Venezuela is now experiencing. Don't worry, the consequences of the fact that the Constitution also gives you the right to be a puzzy are probably protected by those around you who choose to pass on that wuss choice.

Unless we grow too many wusses. Leftists are hard at work at that.

Exactly what most rational folks conclude when they analyze the big picture.

Love how you poison the well by declaring that it's only rational to draw the conclusion you draw. Well, no it ain't, pork chop. One can rationally draw either conclusion, because it's a matter of comfort, not sanity.

Let's do a thought experiment. Or you can run away.

What, do you suppose, are the odds of you being mugged in your lifetime? Of being in a convenience store during a robbery, or something like that?

Give me what you think those odds are.

Now, give me what odds you'd assign to your ability to be responsible with your weapon in your household, to ensure the safety of members of your family.

Now compare them, and tell me how this isn't just about your worry that you're not responsible.

Plus we ain't gonna stop a tyrannical government if it decides to unleash its military on us.

Oh? Then you don't know a thing about our military. I'll give you a hint: if the public was pushed to the point of actually having to defend itself from tyrannical actions in Government, the people would split into factions: Government teat-sucking progs, many of whom don't have guns anyways, but just love anything the Gubmint does - and everyone else.

And the military are made up of citizens as well. Did it not occur to you that the military would split in a similar fashion? That the ideology of the majority in the military may be more right-wing than you'd like?

That they'd align with those that fight tyranny?

You couldn't have thought it out that far, or you'd never have drawn such a pithy - and incorrect - conclusion.