Sign in to follow this  
Draft Discussion...

Talk about the draft here...

Who had good picks?

Who had bad picks?

Who reached on a pick?

Who has the best team that isn't owned by posty?

Might not be available at times?

Great job on the keeper draft, guys!

Nolan Arenado - 12th round, Anthony Rendon - 13th round, Christian Yelich - 19th round, Yordano Ventura - 24th round,
Danny Duffy - 27th round, Stephen Strasburg - 7th round, and Brian Dozier - 17th round, ...these were all excellent values.

In particular, ....it seems Ventura was the most impressive scoop, ....that late in the draft, ....with only a 24th round pick being sacrificed. The man is SICK vs. MLB hitters.

Good luck to everybody with the BIG draft!

Off to a great start... Kershaw was kind of surprising, but no fault in it...

I sent Rusty a Facebook message...

For 2.12, 3.01 - I'm off to a meeting and I am the presenter. Will have phone off.

No problem... I have a pick from kysar via text but I am waiting for confirmation...

The downside of having the bookends...

Obviously, Kinsler at 25 overall (probably more like 30-32 overall considering keepers) is a reach. But, with a ton of 2Bs already rostered, there was (probably) no way I'd have a shot at him at the 48/49 turn... Pleased to get Ellsbury at 24 though.

Also for the record. I work nights and weekends so generally around 4:00 - 9:30 it's hard for me to pick unless I know exactly who I want then I can sneak a text through for a proxy pick.

Also for the record. I work nights and weekends so generally around 4:00 - 9:30 it's hard for me to pick unless I know exactly who I want then I can sneak a text through for a proxy pick.

Hey everybody, Mike here, ...AKA Ghost, ...AKA forensic guy. I'm the one sending many of the annoying "You are up in the draft" text messages. If you have a short list of target players, ...and you get one of my texts, I will be happy to update you on WHO JUST GOT PICKED, ....and I can usually do the proxy pick for you. Everyone should let me know their first names, and geographic locations (unless you are sure I already know it).

I am Mike, Las Cruces, NM, mountain time.

Which time zone are you in, FouLLine?

By the way, Harry has gotten off to great start. Getting McCutchen at 6 and Cano at 19 were nice values (at least by ADP and default ranking standards). Those are 2 guys you'll rarely see on the same squad in a 12+ team league...

By the way, Harry has gotten off to great start. Getting McCutchen at 6 and Cano at 19 were nice values (at least by ADP and default ranking standards). Those are 2 guys you'll rarely see on the same squad in a 12+ team league...

I was going to take Cano but then decided to go with Tulo... Probably a bad idea...

I was going to take Cano but then decided to go with Tulo... Probably a bad idea...

It was hard to pass on both, already had Wong for 2nd, Tulo's the best hitter there is today if he could just stay healthy.

Soooooo....... how many points do we get per injury? (Cobb, Fernandez, Bautista, Gonzalez) :dunno:

Hopefully I can string together a few wins in between their trips to the DL. :thumbsup:

Outside of the 30 IP limit, sure, why not? Another dominant season in the making for posty, for sure ... :first:

BTW, sent text to strombn for 7.1 pick...

Outside of the 30 IP limit, sure, why not? Another dominant season in the making for posty, for sure ... :first:

BTW, sent text to strombn for 7.1 pick...

The whole reason I joined this league was to try to take down the great posty. So I'm hoping his trophy says a # one higher than my trophy.

Oh terrific, the jinx has been released... I thought I was in good shape this year with Smackdown out of the league and the you had to screw it up...

Oh terrific, the jinx has been released... I thought I was in good shape this year with Smackdown out of the league and the you had to screw it up...

Everyone is gunning for you....

Everyone is gunning for you....

Yeah apparently... Still not sure why yet...

To the new managers, we've had a running joke in this league with posty going back 6-7 years now... We crown him champ before the season starts to jinx his chances of actually winning. If I'm not mistaken, his curse continues... :wall:

Of course, I should talk, I've never won this league either in the 10 or so years we've been together.

FYI - we are on hold until the morning - posty is not feeling well and is heading to bed.

FYI - we are on hold until the morning - posty is not feeling well and is heading to bed.

Yeah getting your entire queue list sniped off can be nauseating.

For 10.12/11.1, give me some time to stress, fret, second guess and talk myself into believing that one of my targets may actually still be on the board 24 picks from now. :dunno:

Will pick within the hour...

The snippet I received from Posty said something about Ted having a medical procedure done today. A proxy was put in charge of his picks, ....but there was some confusion about the precise name of the player in question. So, ...we might be at a standstill until the confusion is resolved. That's all I have.

Oooh that stinks - hope all is well - certainly understandable ... Oh well, no big deal ... Thanks for the info!

Thanks all, only had half of my esophagus taken out instead of the whole thing, which means I don't need a feeding tube! :banana:

Holy crap! Are you serious? You just had half of your esophagus taken out and your making fantasy baseball picks? Now THERE'S dedication to a hobby! :cheers: Wow, good luck with recovery ...

Holy crap! Are you serious? You just had half of your esophagus taken out and your making fantasy baseball picks? Now THERE'S dedication to a hobby! :cheers: Wow, good luck with recovery ...

I wasn't cut, they used some kind of gizmo and went down my throat and burned it out, thanks to liquid narcotics I can function somewhat well, thanks!

Wow!! Glad are you able to function after what definitely doesn't sound like a "minor" procedure. Glad you are doing well! :thumbsup: Make sure to pop some of those narcotics and let them kick in before your picks! :first:

Does anyone have any news on FoulLine?

Does anyone have any news on FoulLine?

I texted him this morning and about 20 minutes ago... Nothing back so far...