Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Wiff appreciation thread

we could make it 21

I fry mine in bacon grease. :thumbsup:

I fry mine in bacon grease. :thumbsup:

if it's up to hyper trap door, he'll just spread the butter right on the chicken after it's cooked. It is a condiment after all.

if it's up to hyper trap door, he'll just spread the butter right on the chicken after it's cooked. It is a condiment after all.

That's called basting. And it's delicious

That's called basting. And it's delicious

I’m not a chef or anything, but I’m pretty sure basting happens before/during cooking- not after.

Im not a chef or anything, but Im pretty sure basting happens before/during cooking- not after.

With butter though, right? Butter makes everything better

With butter though, right? Butter makes everything better

Yup, you put butter under the skin.

Maybe Bier can chime in, but basting I think involves taking the drippings and and putting it over the skin while it cooks.

Maybe Beir can chime in, but basting I think involves taking the drippings and and putting it over the skin while it cooks.

i was just having fun watching the back-n-forth, but yeah. that's basting. with chicken and turkey, when roasting i put small diced cubes of butter under the skin...often with herbs or whatnot. i believe i posted my honey lavender chick a while back. same principle.

Maybe Bier can chime in, but basting I think involves taking the drippings and and putting it over the skin while it cooks.

Correct. Butter under the skin is awesome too. Ive roasted chicken in a thin quarter inch layer of French onion soup too and its crazy good if youre a saltaholic like me.

i believe i posted my honey lavender chick a while back.

Yes, you did, and it was divine! Although it goes by a funny code name in our household, now. When I was making it, the Mr. remarked that the smell reminded him of the stuff I put in my bath (lavender oil) so he now calls it bath water chicken. :lol:

Correct. Butter under the skin is awesome too. Ive roasted chicken in a thin quarter inch layer of French onion soup too and its crazy good if youre a saltaholic like me.

That sounds interesting, but doesn’t the bottom of the chicken get soggy?
  • Like 3

Yes, you did, and it was divine! Although it goes by a funny code name in our household, now. When I was making it, the Mr. remarked that the smell reminded him of the stuff I put in my bath (lavender oil) so he now calls it bath water chicken. :lol:

That sounds interesting, but doesn’t the bottom of the chicken get soggy?

he might mean mix :dunno:

I love it when scam wouldn't even die for his own fumble --in the Super Bowl! God forbid he gets his vulva strained.

Go eat some yogurt you no Talent hack.

SheMarcus Russell has more heart than faag Newton.

I appreciate Wiff because he keeps me away from this board.

I think everyone appreciates that.
  • Like 2

Anyone heard from wiff lately? It looks like his last post was on Thanksgiving.

Hope all is well.

Volty has vanished too. I sent him a text this morning, no answer.

I was wondering where wiff was a few days ago too. Hope all is good. I talked to Volty earlier in the week.

Maybe Wiff went to join Sho over at FBG?

Maybe his Mom grounded him?

Maybe he just decided to take a week vacation off the grid?

I was wondering where wiff was a few days ago too. Hope all is good. I talked to Volty earlier in the week.

Threw his back out reaching for a dropped TV guide from 2003. Will be a couple days til relatives come by for a pity check in. Plenty of food and half sodas on the floor so he will be fine.

• Like 1

Threw his back out reaching for a dropped TV guide from 2003. Will be a couple days til relatives come by for a pity check in. Plenty of food and half sodas on the floor so he will be fine.

I don't know why, but this made me think of the "Sloth" victim from the movie Seven.

Was it ever determined that Wiff is actually GFIAP? If so then it's actually fitting, as "Sloth" was "a pederast, actually".

Apologies to Wiff (RIP?) if he isn't.

Anyone heard from wiff lately? It looks like his last post was on Thanksgiving.

Hope all is well.

He had some pretty ominous posts before he went MIA. Hopefully he's OK.

Yeah, he said something about this probably being his last Thanksgiving, a couple of us responded with :huh: but I didn't see an answer (admittedly I might have missed it if he did respond). :dunno:

Hope all is well with him.

yah I was thinking those not so cryptic posts, maybe he was sick or something, but I hope he would actually let us in on things

I'm guessing he went down to the Cali / Messican border to help throw some tear gas on the brownies :dunno:

That would be very Wiff like, right?

Hope hes doing ok.

As someone who has struggled with substance abuse and depression/anxiety off and on throughout my life, I want all of you to know that you can reach out to me in private, if anyone ever needs someone to talk to. After 15 years here, you dudes are like a dysfunctional extended family to me.

I used to keep everything inside, out of fear of coming off as weak or whatever, but Ive since realized that its both empowering and therapeutic to talk about my struggles openly.

• Like 5

how come you guys dont freak out when i take a break from here?

Who are you?

He's around... Hid his status just like phillybore :pointstosky:

:wave:

:banana: