Sign in to follow this  
jersey

Josh Gordon 2016?

Assuming Goodell lets Josh Gordon play in 2016:

1. When do you think he will be drafted?
  2. Where do you think it will rank as a WR by the end of 2016?

THE BAD:

• Odds are he will have QB issues
  • CLE is total mess
  • He can mess up and be done in the NFL with one little mistake

THE GOOD:

• He is a top 10 talent
  • Still young
  • Huge and solid speed for his size
  • He has had a top 5 season with a bad QB already
  • He could be the #1 WR in total points
  • If his head is on straight, he will have a major chip on his shoulder

Worried about his playing shape, otherwise all above I agree with. As for rank, you pays your money you takes your choice.

Did you bet against him the other times ?

I play in 2 keeper leagues and he's never been on one of my teams. I am considering making an offer for him now before his stock rises.

He's on my team every year he's played. He can ball. Puts up monster points most weeks.

I hope that he can get his head on his shoulders. I've never rostered him in a league before, but he's the type of talent that I absolutely love to see on the field in an NFL game. I don't care about fantasy in this instance. I just want to see a guy with so much potential be able to... (wait for it)...flash.

• Like 1

2014 disagrees with you.

No it does not. I didn't have him in 2014. I said every year he's played. Yes, he played a few games but not enough to count that as a year. I should have been more clear.

2 years out of the league basically. Still a disaster at QB. Issues.

I think he does about 800/6

Let's see if he even makes it to the field first .

Goodell would be a focking punk not to let the kid back in, especially after he got screwed by Cleveland when they suspended him for that last game of 2014. I'm not a fan of knuckleheads, but I think this kid has had some serious bad luck to go with his poor decision making.

America does like comeback stories.

Would like to see him make it back , and have a lot of success, he has made some really poor decisions like what was posted above I just pray that he does not repeat and blow it . He needs a new set of friends and that would help .

When I originally joined CCDL I drafted Rodgers for Gordon and a few picks, I've since fixed my WR situation and now have possibly WR1 for all my WR's (see signature) once Gordon comes back I'll either have some trade bait or another elite WR. Been waiting two years for this, finally maybe this year it will pay off.

2 years out of the league basically. Still a disaster at QB. Issues.

I think he does about 800/6

Yeah, maybe if they shorten the season to 8 games.

If the buzz starts in pre-season there will be some here in Ohio drafting him in the first round. But likewise in Ohio some wont draft a Brown in the first round.

If the buzz starts in pre-season there will be some here in Ohio drafting him in the first round. But likewise in Ohio some wont draft a Brown in the first round.

Uh... Antonio Brown

Look, I dont think anyone can deny the kid has talent. you dont put up the kind of numbers he did without talent.

The issue with him is has he sorted himself out.

is his head screwed on straight.

and even if it is....

he has been away from football for over a year. Will he be able to get back to where he was? if so, how long will it take?

These are all questions we dont have the answers to, and this is why he wont go in the first round of too many drafts.

These are all questions we dont have the answers to, and this is why he wont go in the first round of too many drafts.

He won't go in the first round of ANY draft if it's not littered with fish.

Having said that, should he be reinstated and have a decent camp/preseason, he's going to be going a lot higher than he should IMHO.

He won't go in the first round of ANY draft if it's not littered with fish.

Having said that, should he be reinstated and have a decent camp/preseason, he's going to be going a lot higher than he should IMHO.

I tend to agree with the number of possible players being in a 1 RB situation next year that I see rising for the first time in many years. That being said I can see if you draft first in a 12 man draft and get 1 and 2 in the second that risk and reward to recover will be valuable. Pairing Gurley with a stud receiver and a Gordon who has the potential to be a stud can be dangerous. If you are wrong about Gordon you still can recover.

Last time he played he didn't seem to be putting up those stud type numbers .

Last time he played he didn't seem to be putting up those stud type numbers .

In Gordon's first two games in 2014, he had 15 receptions for 195 yards on 29 targets. That's pretty studly to me.

In Gordon's last three games, where he didn't put up those "stud numbers", the Browns QB's statistics were: 33-for-69 for 382 yards, 1 passing TD (4th Q of Gordon's final game - Week 15), 5 INTs. That was also during the transition between Hoyer and Manziel.

Suffice to say, Gordon has shown more often than not that he is a game-changing wide receiver. The ultimate question is whether he can get acclimated to live game speed and the conditioning it takes. If he shows that he IS in that shape in OTA's, mini-camps, training camps, and preseason...there's zero reason aside from substance abuse to why he wouldn't be considered a top-10 WR in 2016.

The ultimate question for each fantasy owner is going to be: Are you willing to pay the price necessary to draft him?

So like I said , his last season he played he didn't put up them stud numbers . And it looks like you are blaming the qb situation, and from what I see the Browns Qb situation hasn't improved . So why should anyone expect stud numbers from him if the teams lack of Qb play will hurt his numbers ?

So like I said , his last season he played he didn't put up them stud numbers . And it looks like you are blaming the qb situation, and from what I see the Browns Qb situation hasn't improved . So why should anyone expect stud numbers from him if the teams lack of Qb play will hurt his numbers ?

Gordon played a total of five games. He had a bad three game stretch following a dominant two game stretch.

DeAndre Hopkins had a three game stretch before the fantasy playoffs last season (Week's 11-13) where he caught 13 passes for 176 yards and only one touchdown. Two of those weeks he failed to eclipse 9.0 PPR points.

It happens to every receiver every season.

Given Tony Romo's injury history and the lack of support behind him are you going to say Dez Bryant is going to be at or worse his production from last year? Circumstances matter. As does context.

As to why there's hope:

1) Offensive minded head coach with a track record of success.

2) #2 draft pick that is 100% locked towards a QB that is 10x better than any QB in Cleveland in the last 20 years

Ok let's look at what you said , and now based on what you said where would you right now today ( no feet held to the fire) where would you rank him based on what ifs ?

Ok let's look at what you said , and now based on what you said where would you right now today ( no feet held to the fire) where would you rank him based on what ifs ?

The middle of the third round is right around when I'd nibble, but he damn sure wouldn't be my first WR taken lol.

I'd have him lumped in with guys like Brandon Marshall, Martavis Bryant, Randall Cobb (whom I really love for 2016), and Jarvis Landry group. All guys with fairly safe floors, possible top-15 upside next year.

Maybe he outperforms them at the end of the year, but my first three picks are usually safety first. So honestly I doubt I ever get to sniff the guy in redraft next year. But if I get pole position in a redraft, and he's sitting there at the 3/4 turn, I'm gonna nab him

Talk is cheap till we get a feel for things with pre-season, and more important for me is mock drafting to know what others are doing. Here is what I am prematurely thinking.

Possible Number 1 RBs- Freeman, Peterson, Martin,L.Bell, Gurley

Possible Number 1 WRs-A. Brown, J.Jones, D. Hopkins, OBJ, A. Robinson, AJ Green, Dez, Jeffery, Edelman, Jordy Nelson

If I land 1 of these backs and 1 of the receivers I take Gordon and then shoot for Greg Olsen or J. Reed. After that I look for best available starters, grab 2 QBs back 2 back around 9th round and a second TE and open the flood gates for RBs I hope start when injuries happen. It all looks good on paper until the majority rides the same wagon and the best hand is the guy who swims upstream.

Why would you rank Dwill as a rb 1 , Bell should be back next season .

Gordon's value is obviously linked to the quality or lack thereof at QB. Too bad he's not suiting up for Indy or NE

Gordon's value is obviously linked to the quality or lack thereof at QB. Too bad he's not suiting up for Indy or NE

Just cant be sold on a guy who continues to make mistakes no matter how clean he stays.

Hanging with JFF is not a good look, for any player at this point.

What, did Gordon say "pass" when the blunt came around to him? Hopefully he said no to the bump JFF no doubt offered him too.

The middle of the third round is right around when I'd nibble, but he damn sure wouldn't be my first WR taken lol.

I'd have him lumped in with guys like Brandon Marshall, Martavis Bryant, Randall Cobb (whom I really love for 2016), and Jarvis Landry group. All guys with fairly safe floors, possible top-15 upside next year.

Maybe he outperforms them at the end of the year, but my first three picks are usually safety first. So honestly I doubt I ever get to sniff the guy in redraft next year. But if I get pole position in a redraft, and he's sitting there at the 3/4 turn, I'm gonna nab him

Wow third round? Really? One of us is nuts because I'm thinking more like 7th or 8th round

Wow third round? Really? One of us is nuts because I'm thinking more like 7th or 8th round

That was a hypothetical based on a Utopian set of circumstances. Primarily, he shows up to mini camps, training camps, preseason and performs like he hasn't sat out of football for over a year. Given the likelihood of that coming to fruition, I will, fortunately or unfortunately, not be rostering him in any capacity next season.