Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

John Elway

Recent accomplishments:

1) Saw the truth about Josh McDaniel and cleaned house.

2) Hired a good coach in John Fox.

3) Turned this defense around into a solid group.

3) Helped signed Peyton Manning.

4) Got rid of Tebow Mania.

5) Planted a BOMB in the Jets (AFC foe) locker room.

:thumbsup:

Recent accomplishments:

1) Saw the truth about Josh McDaniel and cleaned house.

2) Hired a good coach in John Fox.

3) Turned this defense around into a solid group.

3) Helped signed Peyton Manning.

4) Got rid of Tebow Mania.

5) Planted a BOMB in the Jets (AFC foe) locker room.

:thumbsup:

This far, I cannot disagree. Tebow may very well blow up the Jets.

Apparently the Jags offered more money and a better draft pick for Tebow. Makes you wonder why Elway chose to send him to the Jets instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow blows up the Jets.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow helps lead the Jets to a victory over Peyton and Denver in the playoffs.

Should be a fun circus to watch.

Apparently the Jags offered more money and a better draft pick for Tebow. Makes you wonder why Elway chose to send him to the Jets instead.

Tebow actually picked Jets > Jaguars. Something about being in a bigger market so he can spread the word better. Wish I could link to source, will update when I find it.

*Edit* Found it - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c664b/article/broncos-trade-tim-tebow-to-jets-jaguars-miss-out-on-bid

John Elway - One Horse Toothed Jackazz

Refused to play for the Colts and the Manning family refused lil Eli going to SD. Karma is about to kick them all in the groin.

Refused to play for the Colts and the Manning family refused lil Eli going to SD. Karma is about to kick them all in the groin.

Karma's not doing a great job...I mean since all have won Superbowls and all...

LMAO..beat me to it. I'd pay to have some bad karma like this.

I also wouldn't be surprised if by mid season Manning is out indefinitely and Elway wishes he had that Tebow kid back.

Tebow actually picked Jets > Jaguars. Something about being in a bigger market so he can spread the word better. Wish I could link to source, will update when I find it.

*Edit* Found it - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c664b/article/broncos-trade-tim-tebow-to-jets-jaguars-miss-out-on-bid

No he didn't. From that very article you linked.

"Tebow denied in his conference call with New York media that he was allowed to pick his destination."

The article stated Tebow denied he was involved in the decision of being traded to NYJ over Jax.

Oops - should have read the other posts thanks Gepetto.

Karma was just waiting for them to all get together in the same room. Karma is lazy nowadays.

Yeah Tebow picked NYJ ????????? In Jax he would be worshipped , he's from there , and he would day 1 start.

Elway is a scumbag for saying how he wanted to do right by him instead he totally focked him -- seriously why?? would you take the lesser end of the deal?????????

I wanted to see Tebow in Jacksonville. I think he replaces Sanchez by week 8.

Yeah Tebow picked NYJ ????????? In Jax he would be worshipped , he's from there , and he would day 1 start.

Elway is a scumbag for saying how he wanted to do right by him instead he totally focked him -- seriously why?? would you take the lesser end of the deal?????????

From everything I've read Tebow got the feeling that Jax didn't really want him and they were committed to Gabbert. He got the sense that he was wanted in New York and I think he believes he can beat out Sanchez.

If anything Elway might have focked himself b/c Denver is way more likely to see the Jets in the playoffs than the Jaguars.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this whole Peyton thing blows up.

From everything I've read Tebow got the feeling that Jax didn't really want him and they were committed to Gabbert. He got the sense that he was wanted in New York and I think he believes he can beat out Sanchez.

If anything Elway might have focked himself b/c Denver is way more likely to see the Jets in the playoffs than the Jaguars.

"From everything I've read Tebow got the feeling that Jax didn't really want him and they were committed to Gabbert"

I think this is the reason - it would be a tough situation to come into when the owner has forced you onto an unwilling coaching staff.

Jets have run more plays out of the wildcat formation the last two years than any team in the league. Brad Smith left prior to last season and the set was far less successful for them utilizing a RB at the QB spot.

Tebow has an opportunity to get on the field right away without having to beat out Sanchez for the starting spot. The more he's on the field, the more chance he has to make plays. The more plays he makes, the more chance he has to compete for the starting spot.

Oh, and Elway's a d!ck. Hope the whole thing goes horribly wrong.

Gabbert? Really? The guy that had probably the worst season of any rookie QB ever? He just barely completed 50% of his passes (33rd in the NFL), averaged only 5.4 yards per attempt (34th in the NFL), and finished with a 65 QB rating (34th in the NFL). And those rankings, mind you, are only among QBs who played a significant amount of their team's snaps over the season. Toss in the backups and Gabbert looks even worse.

I know he's still learning and his WRs were crap, but still, there's not a lot to be hopeful of there.

Say what you want about Sanchez (I have never been a huge believer myself), but he did take the Jets to two straight AFC Championship games.

Gabbert? Really? The guy that had probably the worst season of any rookie QB ever? He just barely completed 50% of his passes (33rd in the NFL), averaged only 5.4 yards per attempt (34th in the NFL), and finished with a 65 QB rating (34th in the NFL). And those rankings, mind you, are only among QBs who played a significant amount of their team's snaps over the season. Toss in the backups and Gabbert looks even worse.

I know he's still learning and his WRs were crap, but still, there's not a lot to be hopeful of there.

Say what you want about Sanchez (I have never been a huge believer myself), but he did take the Jets to two straight AFC Championship games.

Just as Trent Dilfer took the Ravens ....

Palmer :rolleyes:

The Raiders :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lol I just can't root for the Broncs! Sorry. :mad:

Longterm I would still take Gabbert over Sanchez.

Jimmy Clausen would beg to disagree.

Jimmy Clausen would beg to disagree.

And would you go all in on Jimmy Clausen if you were running an NFL team? That's my point.

This is all about the Jets wanting Sanchez to be their qb and continuing to utilize the wildcat, which they seem hell bent on doing. Jets+wildcat+wanting tebow=Tebow is a Jet.

IMO this had nothing to do with Tebow saying to himself 'you know I think Gabbert is worse than Sachez, I should go there.'

Jets have run more plays out of the wildcat formation the last two years than any team in the league. Brad Smith left prior to last season and the set was far less successful for them utilizing a RB at the QB spot.

Tebow has an opportunity to get on the field right away without having to beat out Sanchez for the starting spot. The more he's on the field, the more chance he has to make plays. The more plays he makes, the more chance he has to compete for the starting spot.

Oh, and Elway's a d!ck. Hope the whole thing goes horribly wrong.

Just curious....

Why is Elway a d!ck??

From everything I've read, he allows players to have a say in the final decision regarding personnel decisions (when applicable). Obviously he's doing something right..............cough cough::Peyton Manning::cough cough

My biggest question at this point:

Why is everyone assuming Peyton on Denver is a win? Or that Elway is a half decent GM?

Peyton was and maybe is a great qb. One of the best ever.

Denver was an 8-8 squad. Some good parts on defense, some good parts on offense but IMO not as good an overall team as Houston, New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh today and not necessarily any better than Cincinnati, NY Jets, San Diego, Oakland, or KC.

Peyton is a 9-10 playoff record qb coming from a dome to play in Denver.

Would home field in Denver even mean that much to the Peyton we knew of old?

Elway was great. Peyton was great but I'm not convinced this is going to work out at all.

If given the choices between Superbowl and implosion I'll take the latter.

Why is everyone assuming Peyton on Denver is a win? Or that Elway is a half decent GM?

Denver was an 8-8 squad. Some good parts on defense, some good parts on offense but IMO not as good an overall team as Houston, New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh today and not necessarily any better than Cincinnati, NY Jets, San Diego, Oakland, or KC.

Elway was great. Peyton was great but I'm not convinced this is going to work out at all.

Peyton took a craptastic Colts team to the playoffs. Without him they won 2 and lost 14. I think it's pretty obvious Denver will have a winning record in 2012.

Home Games

Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)

Oakland Raiders (8-8)

San Diego Chargers (8-8)

Cleveland Browns (4-12)

Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

Houston Texans (10-6)

New Orleans Saints (13-3)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12)

Away Games

Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)

Oakland Raiders (8-8)

San Diego Chargers (8-8)

Baltimore Ravens (12-4)

Cincinnati Bengals (9-7)

New England Patriots (13-3)

Atlanta Falcons (10-6)

Carolina Panthers (6-10)

They don't have any easy road game and Pittsburg, Houston and New Orleans visit them. Yikes.

If you have a chance to get one of the greatest QBs of all time, you do it. And worry about the rest later.

Just curious....

Why is Elway a d!ck??

Just my personal experience with the guy. Has nothing to do with how he does his job. Just found him to be a d!ck.

I agree with you.I also felt that way when I thought Peyton might go to miami.I think Peyton to Arizona would have been better.

I think you give tebow too much credit. He is not very bright and is happy just to be playing wherever it is.

I think you give tebow too much credit. He is not very bright and is happy just to be playing wherever it is.

2nd that.

Seems to have a very low vocabulary.