Sign in to follow this  
TxTech9

Is Olsen worth this?

12-team PPR

I offered a trade of Ryan Mathews and Rudolph to the Demarco owner for Olsen and he declined, but said he would probably do it for Martin and Rudolph.

His only RBs are Murray, Yeldon, Sankey and McCluster so I tried to sell him on Murray insurance but he didn't buy it.

Can I afford Martin for Olsen? Or am I overthinking this and it's no brainer win for me?

Leave a link

Thanks

Team in my signature--let me know if you can see my sig and want me to list my team.

12-team PPR

I offered a trade of Ryan Mathews and Rudolph to the Demarco owner for Olsen and he declined, but said he would probably do it for Martin and Rudolph.

His only RBs are Murray, Yeldon, Sankey and McCluster so I tried to sell him on Murray insurance but he didn't buy it.

Can I afford Martin for Olsen? Or am I overthinking this and it's no brainer win for me?

Leave a link

Thanks

Team in my signature--let me know if you can see my sig and want me to list my team.

Eek. I'm going to be biased here. Mathews and McFadden have been on my Do No Draft list for a few years now and Martin was on it this year after so many got burned by him last year, so I'm not surprised he shot down your offer.

Caldwell and Lombardi came out again yesterday and confirmed that whenever Joique is healthy enough to play, he's the #1 back in Detroit. That could be as early as week 1 as Bell started practicing with the team yesterday. Abdullah is the clear #2 until proven further.

Latavius is an unknown rookie still. But that's the risk of going WR-WR (I'm assuming since you have Megatron and Green at WR)

You would probably be better off flipping Matthews or Wright + any of your current RBs for better RBs. I'd package up Matthews and Abdullah for a teir 2-3 proven RB if you can. Try to take advantage of the Ameer hype train before the season starts and his stock drops from he preseason ADP.

Eek. I'm going to be biased here. Mathews and McFadden have been on my Do No Draft list for a few years now and Martin was on it this year after so many got burned by him last year, so I'm not surprised he shot down your offer.

Caldwell and Lombardi came out again yesterday and confirmed that whenever Joique is healthy enough to play, he's the #1 back in Detroit. That could be as early as week 1 as Bell started practicing with the team yesterday. Abdullah is the clear #2 until proven further.

Latavius is an unknown rookie still. But that's the risk of going WR-WR (I'm assuming since you have Megatron and Green at WR)

You would probably be better off flipping Matthews or Wright + any of your current RBs for better RBs. I'd package up Matthews and Abdullah for a teir 2-3 proven RB if you can. Try to take advantage of the Ameer hype train before the season starts and his stock drops from he preseason ADP.

I understand where you're coming from BUT I am more than happy to have Latavius and Woodhead as my RB1&2 with a stacked WR core. Abdullah is looking so good and can easily put up healthy Reggie Bush numbers in that offense. I didn't want to take McFadden but he fell to me in the 12th so I felt like I had no choice. As far as Mathews, he's one of the best handcuffs this year being in that high powered Eagles offense and I got him mainly as trade bait.

Olsen had 9 targets in the first half of the last preseason game, meaning he will be a MONSTER in PPR. Just my thoughts.. Any other opinions?

I understand where you're coming from BUT I am more than happy to have Latavius and Woodhead as my RB1&2 with a stacked WR core. Abdullah is looking so good and can easily put up healthy Reggie Bush numbers in that offense. I didn't want to take McFadden but he fell to me in the 12th so I felt like I had no choice. As far as Mathews, he's one of the best handcuffs this year being in that high powered Eagles offense and I got him mainly as trade bait.

Olsen had 9 targets in the first half of the last preseason game, meaning he will be a MONSTER in PPR. Just my thoughts.. Any other opinions?

Full disclosure: I'm a Lions fan.

Unless the coaches are sandbagging, Ameer won't immediately fill the Reggie Bush role (as far as # of touches goes). He very well could emerge as the lead back by the end of the season, and I'd love for that to happen, but he's cooled off a bit since that highlight reel Barry Sanders-esque run a few weeks ago. So you should temper your expectations on him for the first half of the season. I had him targeted for rounds 6-8 a few weeks ago, but by the time I drafted last night, his ADP was 4.1. Way too high for someone who has come out himself and said he is #2 behind Joique. The passing offense in Detroit looks much improved this year, so it could cut into the TD's for running backs. You should see if he'll do Ameer for Olsen straight up and then sweeten the deal if he comes back. Even Ameer + Rudolph for Olsen might work out in your favour.

Olsen will be a monster for you if you can land him - I had him last year. I wanted him again but he was going too high for my liking. There was better value at RB & WR in Rd 3 & 4 and lots of serviceable TE's going undrafted. After the top 3 of Gronk, Graham and Olsen, there is a huge 2nd - 3rd tier that are all about the same value-wise.

Mathews will be good trade bait if Demarco has injury troubles again this year after so many carries last year.

Demarco guy is an idiot likely forgot lengthy injury history + he broke his hand to end the yr. (He did get that TD in my Championship game... with a soft cast)

Olsen he might be #1TE... not typo. Blasphemy? Top 2 guys have injury history, Thomas is out 4 weeks... guys like Bennet and Dwayne are 1TE even Vernon with his 250 yds last yr.

Rudolph is a sleeper but risky... you got a top 1TE stand pat and all his RBs outside of Murray will likely fail... so just sit and wait? I package Abudulah who I think will be a dud... that said nobody knows who will be Lions 1RB. I have a feeling it will underwhelm.