Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

At what income level...

I generally expect my salaried folks to put in 45 hours/week. I do probably 48 hours a week on average (if you don't count the quick replies to email via my phone while "not working").

I generally expect my salaried folks to put in 45 hours/week. I do probably 48 hours a week on average (if you don't count the quick replies to email via my phone while "not working").

Why? If someone can do the job in 40 hours how come you make them sit around for 5 additional hours.

Why? If someone can do the job in 40 hours how come you make them sit around for 5 additional hours.

Don't get me wrong, if someone can do the job in 35 hours, then I don't care but I've focked up the workload if they can do it in 35.

Don't get me wrong, if someone can do the job in 35 hours, then I don't care but I've focked up the workload if they can do it in 35.

Yes, but you also focked up the workload if they are working 45 hour weeks every week.

I work so much my co-workers started making comments about how I'm always there at 8:30 and 9pm.

I only charge OT (we get paid straight time) if I feel like the program management is wasting my time making bad decisions.

It's expected that you need to work at least 50 hrs/wk where I'm at if you want to get good raises and be considered for promotions.

I worked in a similar industry, both as a contractor and employee, and I get what you are saying. First as a contractor, the only time in my 30 year professional career I got paid hourly... wait, what? I can sit here surfing the interwebs, or go to the gym (very nice at this company), and you'll pay me for that? Cha ching! I got my work done and more compared to other contractors, so they offered me a salaried position which I accepted for "security." But that introduced the concept that I was supposed to work a certain number of loaded hours, which seemed low until you included training (mandatory six sigma for instance) and vacation.

Anyway, now I'm back in my old industry in which I have no focking idea how many hours I work. I'm traveling the next 3 days meeting customers, how many is that? I'll answer emails on the weekends as well. But then I'll run errands when I'm not traveling. And I get paid well. :dunno: