Sign in to follow this  
Sho Nuff

Another school shooting. Houston

If you were from any other state you probably could find any article and pass it off, but youre from Iowa so Im calling you out. Never happened.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the entire story was fabricated. I can't find one article coming from Iowa about schools getting locked down yesterday. Not a single thing. Turning into an agenda pusher. That sh!t didn't even happen. I hate when people make BS up.

If you were from any other state you probably could find any article and pass it off, but youre from Iowa so Im calling you out. Never happened.

I'm not that good at google, but....

http://www.kwwl.com/story/38260312/2018/05/Wednesday/three-schools-in-iowa-school-district-on-lockdown

Waukee police say a call came in shortly after 10:30 a.m. from someone claiming they saw a white male on the Viking Trail near Stivers Ford with a rifle. The man was wearing dark clothes and had a backpack.

Seriously though, I doubt it was even a real gun. Probably wasn't even a gun honestly of any form. Wouldn't be surprised if it was some kid with a black bat. You freaked out over nothing. No one is paranoid but you.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the entire story was fabricated. I can't find one article coming from Iowa about schools getting locked down yesterday. Not a single thing. Turning into an agenda pusher. That sh!t didn't even happen. I hate when people make BS up.

Don't be a bigger moron than you normally are on here. I really need to link the stories? Or play the phone calls we're getting from schools? Dont accuse me of shiit.

Given the information we had why risk it.

This was an interesting article.

Yeah, I thought it was a good summary. I know none of these dipsh!ts will believe it, but I was pretty neutral regarding gun control before I looked at the data. It’s easy to be dogmatic about the second amendment and leave presumably law abiding citizens and their guns alone. But after reading articles like that and the primary literature, I learned two main points of which I was unaware:

1. Private firearm ownership does not increase safety or the likelihood of being a victim of crime.

2. Suicide is a major part of our gun problem.

It pretty clear #2 is inconsequential in many people’s eyes. While I find that disturbing, I don’t see how anyone who’s critically thought about the issue can ignore the facts and keep advocating the status quo. While the NRA and ignorance are still winning the battle, I think we’ll see meaningful changes in gun policy in our lifetime if the current trends continue.

Eh, I'd disagree with the first statement, most guys just have 1-2 a few boxes of ammo and keep it in a safe. Most gun owners aren't hobby shooters.

Not saying most gun owners are hobby shooters, I'm saying most can afford the ammo.

Jesus, thats the second instance in this thread where 90sbaby was unable to use simple technology. Im starting to think he's really an old dude whose retirement hinges on cryptocurrency. His political views clearly aren't those of a young person and he lives in Florida, so I guess it makes sense.

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought it was a good summary. I know none of these dipsh!ts will believe it, but I was pretty neutral regarding gun control before I looked at the data. It’s easy to be dogmatic about the second amendment and leave presumably law abiding citizens and their guns alone. But after reading articles like that and the primary literature, I learned two main points of which I was unaware:

1. Private firearm ownership does not increase safety or the likelihood of being a victim of crime.

It pretty clear #2 is inconsequential in many people’s eyes. While I find that disturbing, I don’t see how anyone who’s critically thought about the issue can ignore the facts and keep advocating the status quo. While the NRA and ignorance are still winning the battle, I think we’ll see meaningful changes in gun policy in our lifetime if the current trends continue.

Well, there is that pesky little data about suicides that I posted like, yesterday? that you have already conveniently forgotten about. :dunno:

As a hint, it is disingenuous to presume that any deaths caused by guns would not have happened in the absence of guns. HTH

Well, there is that pesky little data about suicides that I posted like, yesterday? that you have already conveniently forgotten about. :dunno:

As a hint, it is disingenuous to presume that any deaths caused by guns would not have happened in the absence of guns. HTH

Not sure what your talking about. Which post? All I recall was somebody mentioning Japan, which is big outlier for suicides.

As far as gun deaths go, we dont know whether they would occur in the absence of firearms, but we know guns make killing much easier. At a state and national level, where guns are, increased death results. Meanwhile increased gun restrictions are associated with decreased deaths. How do you interpret those findings?

Read the Scientific American article Jerry (post 441) It lists the seminal articles supporting gun control. The preponderance of evidence supports what Ive been saying repeatedly in these gun threads. Id love to hear how you dismiss their findings. TIA.

ETA I found your post about suicide. I never said gun ownership was the only predictor of suicide, but it definitely increases the risk of completed suicide. Factors like poverty and population density are also big contributors. Here is the US map comparing gun ownership and suicide rate: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/magazine/spr08gunprevalence/

ETA2 I also responded to your suicide map long ago, right after you originally posted it.

Jesus, thats the second instance in this thread where 90sbaby was unable to use simple technology. Im starting to think he's really an old dude whose retirement hinges on cryptocurrency. His political views clearly aren't those of a young person and he lives in Florida, so I guess it makes sense.

37% of 18-29 year olds voted for Trump. Pay attention.

Which would mean 63% did not...

Which would mean 90's political views are not an outlier for young people, as Pen insinuated/lied about.

Which would mean 63% did not...

Hillary didn't get all of that 63. Trumps numbers were pretty much in line with other republicans for that age group.

Hillary didn't get all of that 63. Trumps numbers were pretty much in line with other republicans for that age group.

She got over 50%, the highest of any age group. Trump did worst with them.

She got over 50%, the highest of any age group. Trump did worst with them.

No worse than Romney. And like I said, 90's political stance isn't rare. 4 out of 10 (at least) people his age have the same views. Your attempt to marginilize him has not succeeded

Which would mean 90's political views are not an outlier for young people, as Pen insinuated/lied about.

Lied? WTF is wrong with you?

I made a joke about 90s tech savviness based on his age and political views. I was correct that a minority of young people supported Trump, but you want to get in a pissing match because it wasnt a small enough minority?!? Jesus, STFU already.

No worse than Romney. And like I said, 90's political stance isn't rare. 4 out of 10 (at least) people his age have the same views. Your attempt to marginilize him has not succeeded

37% is at least 4 out of 10? Or are you assuming non voters supported Trump at a higher level? :wacko:

And who said Romney was popular with millennials?

Lied? WTF is wrong with you?

I made a joke about 90s tech savviness based on his age and political views. I was correct that a minority of people supported Trump, but you want to get in a pissing match because it wasnt a small enough minority?!? Jesus, STFU already.

No, you were belittling him. Too bad you were wrong.

37% is at least 4 out of 10? Or are you assuming non voters supported Trump at a higher level? :wacko:

And who said Romney was popular with millennials?

Republicans, no matter the candidate, struggle with that age group. Have since the 60's. Pay attention, I'll learn ya real good.

Yeah, I thought it was a good summary. I know none of these dipsh!ts will believe it, but I was pretty neutral regarding gun control before I looked at the data. Its easy to be dogmatic about the second amendment and leave presumably law abiding citizens and their guns alone. But after reading articles like that and the primary literature, I learned two main points of which I was unaware:

It pretty clear #2 is inconsequential in many peoples eyes. While I find that disturbing, I dont see how anyone whos critically thought about the issue can ignore the facts and keep advocating the status quo. While the NRA and ignorance are still winning the battle, I think well see meaningful changes in gun policy in our lifetime if the current trends continue.

I have long suspected that firearm ownership increases the likelihood of firearm deaths for a number of reasons: kids getting ahold of the weapon, gun owner accidents, owners inciting a lethal reaction by drawing when its not warranted etc. The article isnt proof of that but seems to support that belief.

I wouldnt call #2 inconsequential but it is definitely less tragic IMO than homicides. I will grant you that a gun waiting period would reduce suicides though.

Noblesville middle school :(

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/active-shooter-situation-at-noblesville-middle-school

more T@p's.

eta: two critical and shooter in custody.

Lends credence to whoever suggest the copycat theory was a big driver behind these things.

Lends credence to whoever suggest the copycat theory was a big driver behind these things.

Christ... Do this at the beginning of the year. Why beat your brains in studying all time and getting stuffed in lockers by the football team only to wait until the last week or two to shoot up your school? Kids are dumb as s***

Christ... Do this at the beginning of the year. Why beat your brains in studying all time and getting stuffed in lockers by the football team only to wait until the last week or two to shoot up your school? Kids are dumb as s***

They waited almost the entire school year for a teacher to fock them, but at some point you have to realize it isnt happening.

More kids are planning their attacks as we speak most likely. Figuring out dads lock box code, waiting til he gets drunk and passes out etc. Hope it’s not one of your daughters that catches a stray next time.

They waited almost the entire school year for a teacher to fock them, but at some point you have to realize it isnt happening.

Oh shiit....true.

I have long suspected that firearm ownership increases the likelihood of firearm deaths for a number of reasons: kids getting ahold of the weapon, gun owner accidents, owners inciting a lethal reaction by drawing when its not warranted etc. The article isnt proof of that but seems to support that belief.

I wouldnt call #2 inconsequential but it is definitely less tragic IMO than homicides. I will grant you that a gun waiting period would reduce suicides though.

If it were just one or two studies that supported my first point I’d remain skeptical. But every well designed study comes to the same conclusion. Not sure how much better proof you can get.

I don’t think suicide is less tragic, and it is pretty irrefutable that guns make it more likely. It’s amazing how pissed off some of these guys get when it is even mentioned, completely ignoring everything else because they figure there are other ways to off oneself.

If it were just one or two studies that supported my first point I’d remain skeptical. But every well designed study comes to the same conclusion. Not sure how much better proof you can get.

I don’t think suicide is less tragic, and it is pretty irrefutable that guns make it more likely. It’s amazing how pissed off some of these guys get when it is even mentioned, completely ignoring everything else because they figure there are other ways to off oneself.

Not sure what gives you the impression that anyone is "pissed off". Most of us just don't think it's relevant to a discussion on gun control. We don't equate suicide with other forms of gun violence. When you bring it up we just tune you out. Doesn't mean we're "pissed off."

Read a pretty badly written thesis connecting SsRIs - brain drugs - and specific school shootings.

The Raw data is pretty compelling.

Like one in five or six kids are on brain drugs these days. - not so in the eighties.

' course, chicken/egg, correlation, causation.

Still, Big Pharma, huge money.

May be something to that.

Not sure what gives you the impression that anyone is "pissed off". Most of us just don't think it's relevant to a discussion on gun control. We don't equate suicide with other forms of gun violence. When you bring it up we just tune you out. Doesn't mean we're "pissed off."

Im not equating it either. Just saying it is relevant in the big picture. :dunno:

Noblesville middle school :(

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/active-shooter-situation-at-noblesville-middle-school

more T@p's.

eta: two critical and shooter in custody.

Tees & Peas.

What do we got here? A middle schooler trying to get in his claim for fame before the school year ends? Taken into custody. So what do you do with this piece of garbage? I know I would just execute him and wouldn't lose a second of sleep. I would include his parents as well because they have failed magnificently. We can't have them breeding anymore.

More kids are planning their attacks as we speak most likely. Figuring out dads lock box code, waiting til he gets drunk and passes out etc. Hope it’s not one of your daughters that catches a stray next time.

How about we do a contest: Who can pick the state where the next school shooting takes place. This generation is 99% pure garbage.

Read a pretty badly written thesis connecting SsRIs - brain drugs - and specific school shootings.

The Raw data is pretty compelling.

Like one in five or six kids are on brain drugs these days. - not so in the eighties.

' course, chicken/egg, correlation, causation.

Still, Big Pharma, huge money.

May be something to that.

Yeah, this is a part of the problem. Everyone is on ADHD drugs, they all got asthma and they are retarded.

Yeah, this is a part of the problem. Everyone is on ADHD drugs, they all got asthma and they are retarded.

Shonuff graduated already.

One day. You backward mother fockers will get it. Until then. The tree off freedom is watered with the blood of children in schools.

One day. You backward mother fockers will get it. Until then. The tree off freedom is watered with the blood of children in schools.

I'd say the backwards mother fockers are the ones who want to take away rights and use children to as shields while doing it.

I'd say the backwards mother fockers are the ones who want to take away rights and use children to as shields while doing it.

Awesome! How many more kids die in schools before we're all backwards? I mean, it took a few thousand Americans to die in the WTC to completely overhaul our mode of flight, trample on the 4th amendment, but don't focking mess with the 2nd. God bless the Patriot Act, but heaven forbid touching our precious 2nd. Fock you guys.

Awesome! How many more kids die in schools before we're all backwards? I mean, it took a few thousand Americans to die in the WTC to completely overhaul our mode of flight, trample on the 4th amendment, but don't focking mess with the 2nd. God bless the Patriot Act, but heaven forbid touching our precious 2nd. Fock you guys.

Its Max...he probably thinks you are a crazy liberal.

Each and every 2A crusader in here would change their tune if it was their daughter catching a hot stray in a shooting. They would be first in line holding the protest sign arm in arm with David Hogg himself if need be.