Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Women on NFL telecasts.............................................

Whichever gal did the MNF opener was awful. I just hated her nasally annoying voice. Nothing to do with chauvenism either...

You do not have to use the statement "Nothing to do with chauvinism" to say you do not like any person at the job they are doing. The liberals want to force hatred down our throats by saying if we don't like how a woman or a black person or whatever race person does their job then we are either misogynistic or racist. Total crap. For my entertainment, i don't want women announcers or sideline reporters or whatever in men's sports. If the majority of people want them, then that is fine. That is what the people want in their entertainment. I just don't want it shoved down my throat for the sake of doing it.

The fact that women have been and still are the subject of massive amounts of discrimination is not the same thing as the belief that they are weaklings who must be protected. That's a strawman argument.

"protected classes cannot possibly be equal--they are underclasses by definition. "

This makes no sense. Women have been relegated to a second class--that's an undeniable fact. It's not the attempts to fix the biases that have put women in that situation. They are not being treated equally, including by the rules of most establishments, governmental and corporate. To claim for example that we should try to be 'fair' by 'not seeing gender' is to ignore the fact that the system is biased against women. In order to achieve fair treatment later, we must treat different groups differently now--because the system is unfair now.

Consider--following the Civil War, blacks were no longer subject to slavery. So what if schools at the time, right after the war, said "Great, now that we treat everyone equally, we'll make our admission standards fair--everyone gets admitted based on GPA, regardless of race." You think there would be a lot of blacks admitted to those schools, with their 'fair' and 'colorblind' admissions policies? The people who hadn't been educated, didn't have money to afford education? Their situation was in no way reflective of their capabilities--just of their realities. Former slaves would have stood no chance of getting into schools based on 'equal' admission standards. Yet the whites could pat themselves on the backs and say "See? No racial requirements! We're doing the right thing!"

There's simply a difference between equality and equity. Women are perfectly capable. But when the same resume that gets accepted at 100 companies with a male name gets rejected at 100 other companies when you put a female name on it, the competence of women is suddenly facing the monolith of a biased society. To say we should be working to fix that problem is not to demean women at all.

Simply put: to say that we should be 'working to fix the system for women' is very different from saying that we should be working with women to fix the system. :)

I would not have wanted to see a woman play the role of Tony Montana in Scarface and I would not have wanted to see a man play the role of Princess Buttercup in The Princess Bride. Just like I don't want to hear a woman play the role of sports announcer for men's football games, and I don't care to hear a man play the role of sports announcer for women's tennis.

Whether it's in the booth during the game, pregame, postgame, whatever-I'd much rather listen to a guy who actually played the game rather than a woman trying to be "one of the guys". If they (NFL, BS, Fox, etc) want women to be seen, show the cheerleaders more.

Exactly!

I only say this because NONE of the women sportscasters seem like they LOVE football. The only one I've ever thought that did was Phyllis George in the 70's.

ALSO......MY PET PEEVE is......

When the Sportscasters have a guest, player, or other and talk during the fockin' football game!!! :wall:

Whether it's in the booth during the game, pregame, postgame, whatever-I'd much rather listen to a guy who actually played the game rather than a woman trying to be "one of the guys". If they (NFL, BS, Fox, etc) want women to be seen, show the cheerleaders more.

I like the hot ones. I don't care what they say, if they try to be serious and analytical, so long as they're hot I could care less. And show some cleavage.

I dont really pay attention to them when watching the games. Kind of tune that out and just watch the game

For my entertainment, i don't want women announcers or sideline reporters or whatever in men's sports. If the majority of people want them, then that is fine. That is what the people want in their entertainment. I just don't want it shoved down my throat for the sake of doing it.

This begets an interesting point. Is the ever increasing female presence in broadcasting a reflection of "what the majority wants" or is it some SJW scheme to "shove it down your throat"?

I don't see or hear many females in baseball or hockey broadcasts at all. I see a few here & there in NBA. Lots in soccer & tennis, track and field, etc though.

I read a lot of female journalists in pretty much every sport, many good to great ones (Mary K Cabot in Cle being but one) but for this argument we're talking NFL.

Could it be that the NFL itself is encouraging the networks to promote female talent in an effort to appeal to the widest fan base possible?

Samantha Bee you would hate me for the following. But let's face it, shed hate me regardless.

One of the Criterion for both TV and radio especially Sports has to be a decent voice. After all, that's the medium. Unfortunately, there are far too many women who just have absolutely horrific voices. Certainly not suited for their jobs. Is it unfair? Maybe. But that's also why we don't have 400 lb weather people. Can I do it? Maybe. But nobody wants to watch it.

There are tons of women who have absolutely beautiful sonorous mellifluous voices. And guys would tune in just to hear their voices where in content would be secondary. But for the love of Mike, get these scratchy voice shrill shrieking lesbians off the air.

Honest to God, when it came to the election? The idea of listening to Hillary Clinton's voice for 4 years? God, she constantly sounds like she's scolding me. And when she's not doing that? She's adopting some fake accent to condescend to plaques or Latinas or Southerners or you name it.

Anywho, your voice matters. It is the single biggest tool on display when you're recovering Sports.

nope still hate it, think its stupid

women shouldn't be in the broadcast booth or the locker room

don't care if a women knows everything ever about sports

I don't want to listen to them talk about it

Football used to be a way to get away from politics and women, yah its cute when your girl wears a jersey and rah rah Brady, but really every guy I know would rather watch a game with 5 other guys than 1 woman around

and when that woman is around she better be bringing beer and making nachos

Football used to be a way to get away from politics and women, yah its cute when your girl wears a jersey and rah rah Brady, but really every guy I know would rather watch a game with 5 other guys than 1 woman around

:first:

Absolutely! It's an affront to our masculinity! Our penises might fall off if we allow these "women" to cross the lines of all we hold sacred to our manliness!

I hope your sons someday are good enough to play in the NFL...……….and get cut by a female coach.

Disagree.

We are living in an unequal age. Women live longer, have higher college admission and graduation rates, and greater child rearing benefits at work. It is totally acceptable for women to tell their husbands how to dress, what stylist to go to, what to eat, etc I hear some of my wifes friends talk about their husbands like theyre little boys. I could point out quite a bit more, but I think the point is clear.

Most if not all the best booth buy didn't play the game

The ones that matter, the ones you can recall, didn't play.

Very few players or coaches can handle the booth.

Too many who shouldn't be on TV are still on to this day.

Fox pregame is unwatchable. Mostly because of one who played. None other than one Terry Bradshaw.

You do not have to use the statement "Nothing to do with chauvinism" to say you do not like any person at the job they are doing. The liberals want to force hatred down our throats by saying if we don't like how a woman or a black person or whatever race person does their job then we are either misogynistic or racist. Total crap. For my entertainment, i don't want women announcers or sideline reporters or whatever in men's sports. If the majority of people want them, then that is fine. That is what the people want in their entertainment. I just don't want it shoved down my throat for the sake of doing it.

You and some of these other guys...your wives are soooo lucky! 🤣 I mean wow, what an impressive double dose of racism and woman hating. You just cant help yourself from digging a deeper hole. Too good.

Looks like some more beta-cucks have invaded.

Classic wanna be alpha 😂. So witty. 😝. Just relax and watch some football.

Samantha Bee you would hate me for the following. But let's face it, shed hate me regardless.

One of the Criterion for both TV and radio especially Sports has to be a decent voice. After all, that's the medium. Unfortunately, there are far too many women who just have absolutely horrific voices. Certainly not suited for their jobs. Is it unfair? Maybe. But that's also why we don't have 400 lb weather people. Can I do it? Maybe. But nobody wants to watch it.

There are tons of women who have absolutely beautiful sonorous mellifluous voices. And guys would tune in just to hear their voices where in content would be secondary. But for the love of Mike, get these scratchy voice shrill shrieking lesbians off the air.

Honest to God, when it came to the election? The idea of listening to Hillary Clinton's voice for 4 years? God, she constantly sounds like she's scolding me. And when she's not doing that? She's adopting some fake accent to condescend to plaques or Latinas or Southerners or you name it.

Anywho, your voice matters. It is the single biggest tool on display when you're recovering Sports.

Weird. Id say youre doing a good job of displaying yourself as a tool 🤔. I understand how you dont like someone such as Hilary. But the way you take that and connect it to something like football is insane. They probably throw in more female announcers occasionally to show that they are progressive and advance the world a little bit. Women viewers probably like it too. Not every ones voice is appealing to everyone else. I want to shoot myself when I hear Joe Bucks voice but you dont see me whining about it like he stole my lunch money. First world problems...its okay to vent a bit but just dont go over the top.

You and some of these other guys...your wives are soooo lucky! I mean wow, what an impressive double dose of racism and woman hating. You just cant help yourself from digging a deeper hole. Too good.

There's nothing HATEFUL about what he said. Preferences aren't racist or hateful.

Weird. Id say youre doing a good job of displaying yourself as a tool 🤔. I understand how you dont like someone such as Hilary. But the way you take that and connect it to something like football is insane. They probably throw in more female announcers occasionally to show that they are progressive and advance the world a little bit. Women viewers probably like it too. Not every ones voice is appealing to everyone else. I want to shoot myself when I hear Joe Bucks voice but you dont see me whining about it like he stole my lunch money. First world problems...its okay to vent a bit but just dont go over the top.

What's another word for vagina?

There's nothing HATEFUL about what he said. Preferences aren't racist or hateful.

For the record he was much more anti-woman than racist. So good for him!

We are living in an unequal age. Women live longer, have higher college admission and graduation rates, and greater child rearing benefits at work. It is totally acceptable for women to tell their husbands how to dress, what stylist to go to, what to eat, etc I hear some of my wifes friends talk about their husbands like theyre little boys. I could point out quite a bit more, but I think the point is clear.

So you think society is biased against men?

Diversity has nothing to do with merit. Diversity has nothing to do with quality. Diversity has nothing to do with how well you do your job. Diversity has nothing to do with anything except surface window dressing. And, yet, it is a defining, dominant characteristic as far as the Left is concerned.

If this makes me a chauvinistic pig, so be it - but I agree.

And there should never be just 1 chick watching football with a bunch of dudes - EVER... The dude who bought her (either): it's her house, they just started dating or he is the biggest poosy whipped biitch in the history of earth.

I guess Im used to them on sideline interviews, but I dont want them in the booth for any reason.

It should be ok for guys to have stuff to themselves, but the womens movement ruined it for everyone.

Football

Baseball

Basketball

Augusta National

Strip Clubs

I guess Im used to them on sideline interviews, but I dont want them in the booth for any reason.

It should be ok for guys to have stuff to themselves, but the womens movement ruined it for everyone.

Football

Baseball

Basketball

Augusta National

Strip Clubs

Don't you mean Augusta International?

• Like 1

While I think it must be true that a former player must have a perspective that cannot simply be learned, I have found that there are commentators who never played that seem to be able to call a game, why not a woman, or a he/she, are we allowed to call them female still?

I'd rather listen to those broads talk football than Deon. Horrible. I stumbled on Deon, Irvin and Ladanian and some white chick the other night. It was gruesome. Yelling nonsensical gibberish all at the same time.