Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Corey Davis

Be patient grasshopper.......very patient (maybe week 9 if Mariota is back and healthy too).

When I read that he was a Julio Jones type, and watching highlights I got interested

Yeah, he is a Julio Jones type....always injured too!

I don't know if I can keep him. He has been a wasted space so far. 10 targets in that one game got my eyes huge. Then he hurt himself again. We all know hammys have a way of sticking with ya.

Everyone is searching for a decent WR1 and Corey Davis checks all the boxes.

Elite QB, the only WR1 on the team, good defense, good running game, and of course he was the best WR in the draft.

If he only can stay on the field! God, I hope he plays rest of the year. My expectation for him is sky high at this point.

I don't get what I'm missing here. The Titans look like a mess. Mariota is not healthy and is not playing good football. Running game is okay, but both runners have struggled lately.

Ehhhh.

I have dropped him in one league and held onto him in another. If he is still on the wire after waivers next week I am going to pick him back up.

I don't get what I'm missing here. The Titans look like a mess. Mariota is not healthy and is not playing good football. Running game is okay, but both runners have struggled lately.

Ehhhh.

I don’t either. Mariota wasn’t playing well (fantasy-wise at least) before he got hurt. Nothing about their situation looks good for Davis other than he doesn’t have much competition for targets, what few there are.

Everyone is searching for a decent WR1 and Corey Davis checks all the boxes.

Elite QB, the only WR1 on the team, good defense, good running game, and of course he was the best WR in the draft.

If he only can stay on the field! God, I hope he plays rest of the year. My expectation for him is sky high at this point.

You obviously havent watched the titans this year.

Good running game? Did you miss the scintillating 32 carries for 80 total yards against the Browns today? And that includes an 8 yard scramble from mariota btw.

Good defense? You mean the one that got wrecked for 57 points by a rookie qb a few weeks back?

Heres the problem youre gonna have with Corey Davis. Damn near all the titans plays are in some dumbass max protect two receiver set. And Mularkey is a veteran worshiper.

Whos to say that when he comes back, Davis is even gonna be the #2 guy in the set? He is a rookie who hasnt played all year.

And then, since we insist on pounding the backs into 9 in the box all day, regardless of whether its working or not, that limits opportunities.

I guess if youve held on this long, you might as well see what happens after the bye.

But this coaching staff is straight trash. I highly doubt youll see WR 2 numbers out of Davis.

Rather take my chances with Shepard.

Lotta mouths to feed in TN

Interesting, I guess everyone see things in a different perspective.

I think it's more like Corey is already out of flavor of the week. Everyone is high on Doctson and Shepard for now.

Interesting, I guess everyone see things in a different perspective.

I think it's more like Corey is already out of flavor of the week. Everyone is high on Doctson and Shepard for now.

Corey has a bye week 8 and then I believe he has Three very tough games against Baltimore, Cincinnati, and I forgot the third (Carolina maybe). All three are top 10 in passing defense.

Don’t expect much from Corey. People holding him are going to be disappointed.

Oh, and Shephard won’t do much on that horrible Giants team. They have mailed it in.

Doctson.....let’s watch tomorrow. I was the first here to promote him here but still need to see more than 3 targets.

You obviously havent watched the titans this year.

Good running game? Did you miss the scintillating 32 carries for 80 total yards against the Browns today? And that includes an 8 yard scramble from mariota btw.

Good defense? You mean the one that got wrecked for 57 points by a rookie qb a few weeks back?

Heres the problem youre gonna have with Corey Davis. Damn near all the titans plays are in some dumbass max protect two receiver set. And Mularkey is a veteran worshiper.

Whos to say that when he comes back, Davis is even gonna be the #2 guy in the set? He is a rookie who hasnt played all year.

And then, since we insist on pounding the backs into 9 in the box all day, regardless of whether its working or not, that limits opportunities.

I guess if youve held on this long, you might as well see what happens after the bye.

But this coaching staff is straight trash. I highly doubt youll see WR 2 numbers out of Davis.

This Titan coaching staff is currently 4-3 and tied for the lead in division. Your assessment of the coaching staff is overboard exaggeration.

For what it's worth, I needed to drop a roster spot yesterday to pickup a WR to start (grabbed Doctson) and decided to hold Corey Davis even with the bye next week and instead drop Bilal Powell.

I'm going to see if I can pick him up one week early.

I think he's worth a hold.

He's still avaliable so I'm going to make a move for him.

He should be a good asset for Mariota and he will give The Titans a true redzone wr.

I really need for him to come back and I need for him to be a target hog.

Surprisingly, this year there are more RB2 to pick up than WR2 in WW.

Noticed this as well. With the spread it around philosophy most teams seem to have coupled with heavier rb usage in passing games, finding reasonably consistent wr play has been quite difficult the last year or two.

Picked him up when I lost OBJ hoping he would be serviceable paired with Freak Hill.

Based on what I've seen of the Titans, I'm not so confident.

Corey is expected to come back along with Parker. I been waiting for these two guys forever while I have to drop players like Dak, Sanders, and DJ to fill in bye weeks.

I just need one of them to out perform.

Im sure he will be ok but not excited, Mariota just isnt a guy who supports FF WR.

He was with Matthews for a long stretch last year.

I’m sure he will be ok but not excited, Mariota just isnt a guy who supports FF WR.

#Fakenews. Go back and look at the performance of Rishard Matthews vs Julio, Evans, OBJ from week 8 on last year. Spoiler alert: He is right there with them.

I grabbed Davis for one reason, he's abut the only thing left on the WW that's an unknown that could break out as more than a WR 3.

He might have already been grabbed but the interesting debate is should it be Corey Davis or should it be Mike Williams?

Williams will be in what is normally a higher volume pass offense. Keenan Allen will be the #1 and there are more mouths to feed but the fantasy playoff schedule is lined up with teams that get abused by WR2s in WAS, KC and NYJ.

He might have already been grabbed but the interesting debate is should it be Corey Davis or should it be Mike Williams?

Williams will be in what is normally a higher volume pass offense. Keenan Allen will be the #1 and there are more mouths to feed but the fantasy playoff schedule is lined up with teams that get abused by WR2s in WAS, KC and NYJ.

Won't disagree with any of that. Williams was already grabbed in my leagues, but I think he fits right into the same flyer mold as Davis. Davis could be force fed targets as the #1, but Williams could have the better match ups against lesser corners. I think based on those roles, Davis has a better chance at being the difference maker in fantasy leagues, but both have a shot.

The Titans coaching staff is squandering a fairly talented roster. I don't think Davis will do anything this year, healthy or otherwise.

The Titans coaching staff is squandering a fairly talented roster. I don't think Davis will do anything this year, healthy or otherwise.

You might be right... that OT squeaker against the Browns was telling. I expected a lot more from this offense.

I don't know why the rookie WRs have struggled to stay healthy this year. Mike Williams, Davis, Ross, Golladay, have all been hurt for extended periods, they can't even get on the field. Only Kupp has been a decent roster player, on occasion.

it's been extremely frustrating. i thought i had this great dynasty draft - i got corey davis (who, in ppr dynasty, i had ranked #1) at the 6 spot. i got mike williams in round 2 and golladay even later. i know, in dynasty, you need to wait, but i THOUGHT i had managed to help my team right away as well.

NOPE!

I don't know why the rookie WRs have struggled to stay healthy this year. Mike Williams, Davis, Ross, Golladay, have all been hurt for extended periods, they can't even get on the field. Only Kupp has been a decent roster player, on occasion.

One problem with Corey, it is a re-injury, and the coaching staff has been extra careful. I suspect the coaching staff will bring Corey along slowly. So he might start off with very low snap counts.

• Like 1

Apologies for the way that I posted the YT link.. it's been ages since I've posted here. Anyway.. look at his Week 1 highlights. What's not to like here? The Titans O and Mariota always seem up and down.. this guy might give them the permanent WR1 they need to sustain the offense.

To me, it's hard to not be impressed by what a big, safe target he presents. How he comes back for the ball. How he's able to high-point fades and jump balls.. and yet, most of his action was short to medium, underneath stuff this day. If he can stay on the field I find it hard to imagine him not being a serious contributor and at least a valuable late season Flex. Though I think his time will really start next season.

From an "eye test" standpoint.. He really does look like a young Dez or TO.

• Like 1

I am ver6 conflicted about Davis. I’ve stashed him for weeks but after the bye he has three very very difficult games so I’m not expecting much until maybe week 12. Is he that valuable to stash for that many weeks?