Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Amari Cooper is overrated.

Crabtree is clearly the better WR right? Now and forever? What happened to this guy...?

Confidence, I think. He drops a lot of balls, I think he's gotten into his own head.

Oh my soul welcome on board.

Another topic over this past summer.

Of course he's over rated.

Crabtree is even the go to guy of the back up QB.

Even when Crabtree missed last weeks game Copper did nothing.

I resisted the urge to pull the trigger on him this year. Not sure what his problem is, maybe it's in his head like bbock mentioned but he seems to run good routes and gets separation. He'll have a couple of great games but he certainly lacks consistency. Possible buy low guy.?.?

I don't know if the stats will ever match the measurables. I had him last year and I hated having him on my team. I never knew when it would be 2 for 19 or 8 for 157 and 2tds. Well...wait, that's not true. He's almost a guarantee to do nothing vs high end secondaries. I kinda blame the simplicity of their playcalling but the drops are still on him.

I can only buy him super low...like two flex WRs for him and a stash wr. I can't see most folks truly giving up and dropping him.

Thinking buy low

Buying low means you believe he can turn it around and you're willing to give up something of value to get him. No Cooper owner is trading him for nothing at his lowest point of value.

Buying low means you believe he can turn it around and you're willing to give up something of value to get him. No Cooper owner is trading him for nothing at his lowest point of value.

Yea he is so low at this point they would rather just sit him and hope for a bounce back.

That's purely your opinion. You don't know my league, my owners desperation, my owners team and my roster options to trade.

For instance ever do sell low and buy low? You both hope for a turnaround. Or dynasty (probably too advanced for you) and a guy needs to win now

If I had him, I'd take the bait on pretty much any decent offer just to get rid of him. No bounce back would be believed. And he's pretty much unstartable right now.

If I had him, I would trade him for the likes of...

Garçon, T Hill, Landry, G Tate, That guy on the Browns, pack of cigarettes, reach-around-behind-the-Christmas Tree, and so on.

• Like 1

That's purely your opinion. You don't know my league, my owners desperation, my owners team and my roster options to trade.

For instance ever do sell low and buy low? You both hope for a turnaround. Or dynasty (probably too advanced for you) and a guy needs to win now

The only thing too advanced for me is your grammar lol

We can play H2H on fanduel or draftkings if you wanna put your money where your big mouth is :)

If I had him I would take offers.

If I own him I would shop him and see if any of those few Raiders fans that are around still believe in his ablity to be the wr2 on the Raiders.

Right now it's hard to even call him that.

What kind of offers would you expect to receive?

Latavius Murray + Snead for Cooper? Is that enough?

I would think every Cooper owner would be offended by the offers they receive just because his value has literally never been this low. Not even rookie year. For a 2nd-3rd round pick and what many have as their WR1, would you rather take a couple scrubs and sell low or stay on board and hope he gets hot?

If I was a Cooper owner (and I'm glad I'm not, I was tooting the Crabtree horn all preseason) I would certainly not be trying to sell but rather bench him and try to improve my WR position by other means.

It has been a full month of futility. You guys are overestimating owners value of him. Bench and wait for him to get better? 4 weeks isn't enough? Owners will jump at getting rid of him in a redraft

I know on the 14 teamer I'm in right now the picking of FA wr is paper thin.

I think the best way to upgrade would be Looking to deal.

I'm with you, I recall you talking about Crabtree being a better pick value.

It's hard to shop or buy him because most will want to just sit and wait.

It has been a full month of futility. You guys are overestimating owners value of him. Bench and wait for him to get better? 4 weeks isn't enough? Owners will jump at getting rid of him in a redraft

I agree and I disagree.

It's enough for some, but not for others.

I agree and I disagree.

It's enough for some, but not for others.

That's why it's worth a shot. Everyone saying it's impossible to buy low are for some reason being bull headed to even try or even fathom someone doesn't want him anymore

No question.

Thinking buy low

i agree whole-heartedly. Crabtree runs the shorter routes and is less affected by this QB change... it only makes sense that the Carr injury would effect his value less. I think Amari turns it around towards the 2nd half of the season... Heck... I own Crabtree and I'm considering dangling him and Lamar Miller for Cooper and an upgrade at RB

He is overrated and a bum to boot. He killed me last year. Now I smile watching others get killed with him this year.

What kind of offers would you expect to receive?

Latavius Murray + Snead for Cooper? Is that enough?

I would think every Cooper owner would be offended by the offers they receive just because his value has literally never been this low. Not even rookie year. For a 2nd-3rd round pick and what many have as their WR1, would you rather take a couple scrubs and sell low or stay on board and hope he gets hot?

If I was a Cooper owner (and I'm glad I'm not, I was tooting the Crabtree horn all preseason) I would certainly not be trying to sell but rather bench him and try to improve my WR position by other means.

I don't like those names. I don't think the COOPER owner would either unless he loves laytay for some reason. It's too much nothing. I think it'll take someone with a name who is risky too. Like Larry Fitz and some rb3...Rawls, Large Eddy, or someone like that. I'm gonna try it this week and let folks know how it went.

i agree whole-heartedly. Crabtree runs the shorter routes and is less affected by this QB change... it only makes sense that the Carr injury would effect his value less. I think Amari turns it around towards the 2nd half of the season... Heck... I own Crabtree and I'm considering dangling him and Lamar Miller for Cooper and an upgrade at RB

Interesting is that his last two seasons it's been the second part of the season that's been is worst production

Interesting is that his last two seasons it's been the second part of the season that's been is worst production

i feel like something has to give... as (minus TDs) their stats have been neck-and-neck the past 2 seasons... with crabtree leading slightly in targets and rec, and cooper traditionally leading in yardage...

Cooper's catch % is 41% right now.. 18% below his average... obviously that doesn't have to improve, but odds are it will

Dynasty leagues. 12 teamer, ppr, and start 4 wr's. Would you take Randall Cobb, Cooper Kupp, and a first rounder next year for Cooper and Alan Robinson?

wow what can I say that hasn't been said already? I'm a little shocked as I was expecting him to improve this season. The talk all offseason was how dedicated he was and how he showed up much bigger and stronger at camp. I was fully expecting the Raiders offense to fly and Cooper to dominate CB's this season. I don't own him anywhere but have been considering buying him low for weeks now but not sure it's worth it. Can anyone remember a time a WR ever turned it around after such a horrible start (that didn't involve an injury of course)?

Is Cooper going to turn it around with Carr coming back?

The Amari Cooper and Martavis Bryant owner just offered me a trade. I'm the Zeke owner and also own McFadden and Morris. He offered me my choice between Martavis Bryant or Amari Cooper for Alfred Morris and Agholor.

I keep McFadden.

Not sure to jump on this.. even with Amari or Martavis upside. Agholor is proving himself.

FWIW I am trying to buy low on Cooper as a flyer because I lost OBJ. Otherwise I might as well tank this year for next years draft. (Dynasty)

BTW...Overrated called, and he's pissed that you compared Amari Cooper to him.

At this juncture, I'm all about buying low on Cooper if I can get him.

I ended up getting cooper for andre Ellington. It was an rb starved owner who just lost obj and was carrying 3 good qbs. We started off with a qb as the main thing in the trade. The qb (Dak) came out of the trade and that's what I ended up with. I traded Larry fitz for a qb (Cam) with a different owner on the same day. So now I'm starting cooper due to byes this week. Yikes! We'll see.

Cooper is awful and will continue to be so... I dare him to prove me wrong.

From a disgruntled Cooper owner.

He has avg 3 points per game in ppr in his last four games, and he's only played in five.

The talent is there, but is the desire to be as good as his talent is going to be the question going forward.

At 3 points per game that would make him unworthy of a hold.

He's a giant bust so far this season.

How is he overrated? Everyone thinks he sucks. Whats worse than sucks?

Touché. Maybe he is what we thought he was.

Dude is just too talented to perform like this forever. You really can't forget how to catch a football...can you?