Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Courts love foreigners - Trump's new travel ban blocked Nationwide by Hawaii courts

His concerns are based on campaign rhetoric, not the actual EO, it is a travesty of the judicial system. The precedent it sets should be appaling to anyone that believes in a fair judicial system.

I don't like the way the guy in Hawaii based most of his i that.

That said...Trumps intent and thinking and wordsdo matterin how he formed such things.

This EI isn't about any security and never was(aswas stated and opined after the first EO got down)

And this isn't the only judge taking this latest order down.

They are appointed by liberals and are looking for future appointments by liberals.

And wrong again.

Liberalism is contageous....

You should really get smarter. How can someone not know that Bush appointed two of them? Especially a guy who Post 100 times a day about politics.

Somewhat of a civil war brewing in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

"KOZINSKI, Circuit Judge, with whom Circuit Judges BYBEE, CALLAHAN, BEA and IKUTA join, dissenting from the denial of reconsideration en banc. I write separately to highlight two peculiar features of the panel’s opinion. First, the panel’s reasoning rests solely on Due Process. But the vast majority of foreigners covered by the executive order have no Due Process rights. Nevertheless, the district court enjoined the order’s travel provisions in their entirety, even as applied to the millions of aliens who have no constitutional rights whatsoever because they have never set foot on American soil."

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/general/2017/03/17/17-35105_Amd_Order.pdf

The way the new E.O. is written should make it bullet proof except to Activist Judges whose opinions will eventually get overturned. I don't know if the 9th circuit will see an appeal but it's clear there might be a different outcome this time around.

I haven't read through all of this, but I think one thing that has not been discussed yet is this. We rely upon a certain albeit sometimes Unwritten reciprocity as regards to due process clause. We routinely emplore other governments to respect the rule of law and to apply due process to American citizens who are swept into foreign powers criminal justice system. One thing we have to be very careful about is that when we start doing things that some can find to be somewhat extrajudicial and clearly outside of the due process intent and purpose, other countries might very well look the other way with regard to the unwritten rules of due process for quote those who have never set foot on foreign soil end quote.

It is just a reality. And as it stands right now, obviously some countries respect due process and others do not. But if we go forward with this kind of thing, the motivation for other countries too reciprocate accordingly will certainly be there. In short, it's sort of ruins our moral High Ground when we need to pull our own citizens fat out of the fire.

Due process isn't just some specific terminology found in one unique country's Constitution. It is an overarching principle of fair and lawful jurisprudence.

I haven't read through all of this, but I think one thing that has not been discussed yet is this. We rely upon a certain albeit sometimes Unwritten reciprocity as regards to due process clause. We routinely emplore other governments to respect the rule of law and to apply due process to American citizens who are swept into foreign powers criminal justice system. One thing we have to be very careful about is that when we start doing things that some can find to be somewhat extrajudicial and clearly outside of the due process intent and purpose, other countries might very well look the other way with regard to the unwritten rules of due process for quote those who have never set foot on foreign soil end quote.

It is just a reality. And as it stands right now, obviously some countries respect due process and others do not. But if we go forward with this kind of thing, the motivation for other countries too reciprocate accordingly will certainly be there. In short, it's sort of ruins our moral High Ground when we need to pull our own citizens fat out of the fire.

Due process isn't just some specific terminology found in one unique country's Constitution. It is an overarching principle of fair and lawful jurisprudence.

We're to obey the laws of countries we go into and can't expect our constitutional rights to transcend our borders. By that reasoning, our constitutional rights should not transcend our borders to apply to non-citizens on foreign soil.

We're to obey the laws of countries we go into and can't expect our constitutional rights to transcend our borders. By that reasoning, our constitutional rights should not transcend our borders to apply to non-citizens on foreign soil.

But we do expect those rights to the universal. Things like knowing what you're charged with comma a speedy and fair trial, access to a defense, Humane imprisonment, it goes on and on.

We expect and request those things even from countries that don't afford those rights even to their own citizens.

"KOZINSKI, Circuit Judge, with whom Circuit Judges BYBEE, CALLAHAN, BEA and IKUTA join, dissenting from the denial of reconsideration en banc. I write separately to highlight two peculiar features of the panels opinion. First, the panels reasoning rests solely on Due Process. But the vast majority of foreigners covered by the executive order have no Due Process rights. Nevertheless, the district court enjoined the orders travel provisions in their entirety, even as applied to the millions of aliens who have no constitutional rights whatsoever because they have never set foot on American soil."

The way the new E.O. is written should make it bullet proof except to Activist Judges whose opinions will eventually get overturned. I don't know if the 9th circuit will see an appeal but it's clear there might be a different outcome this time around.

Bullet proof according to who? You? Haha...great to laugh first thing in the morning.

Have not read this whiole link...is it the one where they also slap the trump admin around? I posted a quote earlier.

"KOZINSKI, Circuit Judge, with whom Circuit Judges BYBEE, CALLAHAN, BEA and IKUTA join, dissenting from the denial of reconsideration en banc. I write separately to highlight two peculiar features of the panels opinion. First, the panels reasoning rests solely on Due Process. But the vast majority of foreigners covered by the executive order have no Due Process rights. Nevertheless, the district court enjoined the orders travel provisions in their entirety, even as applied to the millions of aliens who have no constitutional rights whatsoever because they have never set foot on American soil."

Heard this on Mark Levin Friday night. It's so apparent that this whole thing was orchestrated by Obama and his underlings. It's not going to hold up, and then President Trump will have even more leeway in these matters.

That's a pretty slippery slope you've got there. Heck, Gitmo is a lot more relevant to our lack of providing due process to foreigners than a travel ban could be.

Regarding reciprocity. If other countries want to restrict US entrance, that is their prerogative. :dunno:

The key difference is that gitmo is individual specific. The travel ban is against entire nations of individuals not suspected of any criminality whatsoever.

The key difference is that gitmo is individual specific. The travel ban is against entire nations of individuals not suspected of any criminality whatsoever.

But they're not entitled to Constitutional protection, period.

But they're not entitled to Constitutional protection, period.

You should be a judge. Especially considering that 5 judges so far seem to think you're wrong. :music_guitarred:

Liberalism is contageous....

8 years of Obama seemed to cure alot of people, although I bet 4 years of trump will cause it to come out remission.

I'd rather live next door to a muslim, than a creepy deviant like Gepetto.

I hope that happens for you fagggot

I'd rather live next door to a muslim, than a creepy deviant like Gepetto.

Be careful though.

• Like 1

You should be a judge. Especially considering that 5 judges so far seem to think you're wrong. :music_guitarred:

Meathead didn't read there are other judges in the ninth Circuit Court of Appeal that disagree with the injunction

Stalked any girls from the internet lately, OJ?

Never have. The only stalking is you stalking me. You're a creep.

Meathead didn't read there are other judges in the ninth Circuit Court of Appeal that disagree with the injunction

Of course he didn't. Slonuff didn't point it out for him.

• Like 1

Of course he didn't. Slonuff didn't point it out for him.[/quote

Because that's Inconvenient Truth for them

Nothing inconvenient.

I'm sure you didn't even read all of it or all that has come out of the 9th circuit and how they took Trump to task either.

5 to 0.

Over/Under for how many times Slonutt masturbates tonight is a soft 7.....er make that a 3.

And another childish post when your other crap gets beat up.

It's really all you have.

You are into RP territory of stupid these days.

And another childish post when your other crap gets beat up.

It's really all you have.

You are into RP territory of stupid these days.

Last I checked I schooled both you and meathead. The constitution does NOT apply to foreigners on foreign soil. The new E.O. will be ultimately upheld. :wave:

Last I checked I schooled both you and meathead. The constitution does NOT apply to foreigners on foreign soil. The new E.O. will be ultimately upheld. :wave:

You are way too dumb to ever school me on anything. You just come into the same couple of threads day after day struggling like a turtle on its back.

:lol: sure you did

Only thing missing is a donkey punch for the back of your heads.

Ive had my hand on your forehead the whole time...as you swing at the air with your tiny weak t-Rex like arms.

Ive had my hand on your forehead the whole time...as you swing at the air with your tiny weak t-Rex like arms.

Come up with your own material Jagoff. Someone used that on you earlier

He's a black belt hacker.

Yeah...your material is so original.

Holy you can't be serious.

Yeah...your material is so original.

Holy ###### you can't be serious.

He is serious, and you can call him holy .