Photo

Courts love foreigners - Trump's new travel ban blocked Nationwide by Hawaii courts

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#241 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,871 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

His concerns are based on campaign rhetoric, not the actual EO, it is a travesty of the judicial system. The precedent it sets should be appaling to anyone that believes in a fair judicial system. 

I don't like the way the guy in Hawaii based most of his i that.

That said...Trumps intent and thinking and wordsdo matterin how he formed such things.

This EI isn't about any security and never was(aswas stated and opined after the first EO got ###### down)

And this isn't the only judge taking this latest order down.

#242 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,871 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

They are appointed by liberals and are looking for future appointments by liberals.

And wrong again.

#243 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

two of the judges were appointed by George Bush. Try again dummy

Liberalism is contageous....

BBC for the most part is pretty damn good.

#244 NewbieJr

NewbieJr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 54,261 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

You should really get smarter. How can someone not know that Bush appointed two of them? Especially a guy who Post 100 times a day about politics.
Mine is small, but the head spins.

#245 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,871 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

Not as bad as the stupid you have caught.

#246 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

Somewhat of a civil war brewing in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

"KOZINSKI, Circuit Judge, with whom Circuit Judges BYBEE, CALLAHAN, BEA and IKUTA join, dissenting from the denial of reconsideration en banc. I write separately to highlight two peculiar features of the panel’s opinion. First, the panel’s reasoning rests solely on Due Process. But the vast majority of foreigners covered by the executive order have no Due Process rights. Nevertheless, the district court enjoined the order’s travel provisions in their entirety, even as applied to the millions of aliens who have no constitutional rights whatsoever because they have never set foot on American soil."

http://cdn.ca9.uscou...5_Amd_Order.pdf

The way the new E.O. is written should make it bullet proof except to Activist Judges whose opinions will eventually get overturned. I don't know if the 9th circuit will see an appeal but it's clear there might be a different outcome this time around.

#247 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,996 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:07 AM

I haven't read through all of this, but I think one thing that has not been discussed yet is this. We rely upon a certain albeit sometimes Unwritten reciprocity as regards to due process clause. We routinely emplore other governments to respect the rule of law and to apply due process to American citizens who are swept into foreign powers criminal justice system. One thing we have to be very careful about is that when we start doing things that some can find to be somewhat extrajudicial and clearly outside of the due process intent and purpose, other countries might very well look the other way with regard to the unwritten rules of due process for quote those who have never set foot on foreign soil end quote.

It is just a reality. And as it stands right now, obviously some countries respect due process and others do not. But if we go forward with this kind of thing, the motivation for other countries too reciprocate accordingly will certainly be there. In short, it's sort of ruins our moral High Ground when we need to pull our own citizens fat out of the fire.

Due process isn't just some specific terminology found in one unique country's Constitution. It is an overarching principle of fair and lawful jurisprudence.
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#248 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:21 AM

I haven't read through all of this, but I think one thing that has not been discussed yet is this. We rely upon a certain albeit sometimes Unwritten reciprocity as regards to due process clause. We routinely emplore other governments to respect the rule of law and to apply due process to American citizens who are swept into foreign powers criminal justice system. One thing we have to be very careful about is that when we start doing things that some can find to be somewhat extrajudicial and clearly outside of the due process intent and purpose, other countries might very well look the other way with regard to the unwritten rules of due process for quote those who have never set foot on foreign soil end quote.

It is just a reality. And as it stands right now, obviously some countries respect due process and others do not. But if we go forward with this kind of thing, the motivation for other countries too reciprocate accordingly will certainly be there. In short, it's sort of ruins our moral High Ground when we need to pull our own citizens fat out of the fire.

Due process isn't just some specific terminology found in one unique country's Constitution. It is an overarching principle of fair and lawful jurisprudence.

We're to obey the laws of countries we go into and can't expect our constitutional rights to transcend our borders. By that reasoning, our constitutional rights should not transcend our borders to apply to non-citizens on foreign soil. 

#249 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,996 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

We're to obey the laws of countries we go into and can't expect our constitutional rights to transcend our borders. By that reasoning, our constitutional rights should not transcend our borders to apply to non-citizens on foreign soil. 

But we do expect those rights to the universal. Things like knowing what you're charged with comma a speedy and fair trial, access to a defense, Humane imprisonment, it goes on and on.

We expect and request those things even from countries that don't afford those rights even to their own citizens.

#250 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,871 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:07 AM

"KOZINSKI, Circuit Judge, with whom Circuit Judges BYBEE, CALLAHAN, BEA and IKUTA join, dissenting from the denial of reconsideration en banc. I write separately to highlight two peculiar features of the panels opinion. First, the panels reasoning rests solely on Due Process. But the vast majority of foreigners covered by the executive order have no Due Process rights. Nevertheless, the district court enjoined the orders travel provisions in their entirety, even as applied to the millions of aliens who have no constitutional rights whatsoever because they have never set foot on American soil."

The way the new E.O. is written should make it bullet proof except to Activist Judges whose opinions will eventually get overturned. I don't know if the 9th circuit will see an appeal but it's clear there might be a different outcome this time around.

Bullet proof according to who? You? Haha...great to laugh first thing in the morning.
Have not read this whiole link...is it the one where they also slap the trump admin around? I posted a quote earlier.

#251 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

"KOZINSKI, Circuit Judge, with whom Circuit Judges BYBEE, CALLAHAN, BEA and IKUTA join, dissenting from the denial of reconsideration en banc. I write separately to highlight two peculiar features of the panels opinion. First, the panels reasoning rests solely on Due Process. But the vast majority of foreigners covered by the executive order have no Due Process rights. Nevertheless, the district court enjoined the orders travel provisions in their entirety, even as applied to the millions of aliens who have no constitutional rights whatsoever because they have never set foot on American soil."

Heard this on Mark Levin Friday night. It's so apparent that this whole thing was orchestrated by Obama and his underlings. It's not going to hold up, and then President Trump will have even more leeway in these matters.

#252 jerryskids

jerryskids

FF Geek

• Members
  • 41,344 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

That's a pretty slippery slope you've got there.  Heck, Gitmo is a lot more relevant to our lack of providing due process to foreigners than a travel ban could be.

Regarding reciprocity.  If other countries want to restrict US entrance, that is their prerogative.  :dunno:

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse." -- John Stuart Mill

#253 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 50,996 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

The key difference is that gitmo is individual specific. The travel ban is against entire nations of individuals not suspected of any criminality whatsoever.

#254 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

The key difference is that gitmo is individual specific. The travel ban is against entire nations of individuals not suspected of any criminality whatsoever.

But they're not entitled to Constitutional protection, period.

#255 NewbieJr

NewbieJr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 54,261 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

But they're not entitled to Constitutional protection, period.

You should be a judge.  Especially considering that 5 judges so far seem to think you're wrong. :music_guitarred:

#256 mobb_deep

mobb_deep

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,239 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

I'd rather live next door to a muslim, than a creepy deviant like Gepetto.

Sangre Por Sangre

#257 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 10,314 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

8 years of Obama seemed to cure alot of people, although I bet 4 years of trump will cause it to come out remission.
Steeler's Fan

#258 Gepetto

Gepetto

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,651 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:31 AM

I hope that happens for you fagggot

#259 mobb_deep

mobb_deep

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,239 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

I hope that happens for you fagggot

Stalked any girls from the internet lately, OJ?

Sangre Por Sangre

#260 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

Be careful though.

#261 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

You should be a judge.  Especially considering that 5 judges so far seem to think you're wrong. :music_guitarred:

Meathead didn't read there are other judges in the ninth Circuit Court of Appeal that disagree with the injunction

#262 Gepetto

Gepetto

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,651 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

Stalked any girls from the internet lately, OJ?

Never have. The only stalking is you stalking me. You're a creep.

#263 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

Meathead didn't read there are other judges in the ninth Circuit Court of Appeal that disagree with the injunction

Of course he didn't. Slonuff didn't point it out for him.

#264 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

[quote name="Hardcore troubadour" post="5901098" timestamp="1490035977"]

Of course he didn't. Slonuff didn't point it out for him.[/quote

Because that's Inconvenient Truth for them

#265 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,871 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

[quote name="Filthy Fernadez" post="5901110" timestamp="1490036649"]

[quote name="Hardcore troubadour" post="5901098" timestamp="1490035977"]

Of course he didn't. Slonuff didn't point it out for him.[/quote

Because that's Inconvenient Truth for them[/quote]

Nothing inconvenient.
I'm sure you didn't even read all of it or all that has come out of the 9th circuit and how they took Trump to task either.

#266 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:11 PM

:cry: Trump. :cry: Trump

#267 NewbieJr

NewbieJr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 54,261 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

5 to 0. 

#268 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

5 to 0. 

Mr. T pities the fool therefore he pities Meathead.

There's a link previously posted where judges within the 9th circuit disagreed. :doh:

#269 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,871 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

:cry: Trump. :cry: Trump

Wait...this isnt about Trump'sEO?
Nice try chief

#270 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

Over/Under for how many times Slonutt masturbates tonight is a soft 7.....er make that a 3.

#271 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,871 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

Over/Under for how many times Slonutt masturbates tonight is a soft 7.....er make that a 3.

And another childish post when your other crap gets beat up.
It's really all you have.
You are into RP territory of stupid these days.

#272 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

And another childish post when your other crap gets beat up.
It's really all you have.
You are into RP territory of stupid these days.

Last I checked I schooled both you and meathead. The constitution does NOT apply to foreigners on foreign soil. The new E.O. will be ultimately upheld. :wave:

#273 NewbieJr

NewbieJr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 54,261 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

Last I checked I schooled both you and meathead. The constitution does NOT apply to foreigners on foreign soil. The new E.O. will be ultimately upheld. :wave:

You are way too dumb to ever school me on anything. You just come into the same couple of threads day after day struggling like a turtle on its back.

#274 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,871 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

:lol: sure you did

#275 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

Only thing missing is a donkey punch for the back of your heads.

#276 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,871 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

Only thing missing is a donkey punch for the back of your heads.

Ive had my hand on your forehead the whole time...as you swing at the air with your tiny weak t-Rex like arms.

#277 Filthy Fernadez

Filthy Fernadez

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

Ive had my hand on your forehead the whole time...as you swing at the air with your tiny weak t-Rex like arms.

Come up with your own material Jagoff. Someone used that on you earlier

#278 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

He's a black belt hacker.

#279 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 49,871 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

Yeah...your material is so original.
Holy ###### you can't be serious.

#280 frank

frank

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,473 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

Yeah...your material is so original.
Holy ###### you can't be serious.

He is serious, and you can call him holy ######.

Another Dumb fvcking post by frank. :wave:

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

OOTMFFOTB